Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2003 1:22:18 PM EDT
Anyone have an idea?  I sit at a desk and I still can't keep my damn laces from loosening.  I re-tie them 1-3 times everyday.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:25:16 PM EDT
[#1]
It's called "Square Knot".  Works great to keep the laces fastened.  Might have trouble getting them back off.

If you can wear casual shoes (i.e. Athletic Shoes) to work, you could try one of the push button things they use on camping gear like sleeping bags, backpacks, etc.--you push it down the drawstrings and it locks until you push the buttons.

AFARR
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:26:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Have a big person help you [;)]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:38:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

So true. If that does not pan out, you could try pulling really hard on the loops after the bow is made. I find that this technique works one even the most stubborn of laces. Should that fail, you will be forced to revert to the dreaded "double knot".
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:39:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

[bow]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:09:17 PM EDT
[#5]
dab with Elmer's glue after tying a Gordian knot.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:12:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Use a double knot! It works for me.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:16:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I've found that the cylindrical laces are the worst about coming untied.  All of the Newbalance shoes I've purchased lately have had them.  I can't keep the laces tied to save my life.

Get some of the wider flat laces and torque them down and you should be ok.  

- Matt
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:18:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've found that the cylindrical laces are the worst about coming untied.  All of the Newbalance shoes I've purchased lately have had them.  I can't keep the laces tied to save my life.

Get some of the wider flat laces and torque them down and you should be ok.  

- Matt
View Quote

AHhhhh....a man with just the experienced insight I needed.  My problem laces are also circular in cross-section.  I will do as you suggest.  Many thanks.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:34:38 PM EDT
[#9]
well, when I played ice hockey...I used to buy waxed laces for my skates.
They dont loosen easily.

(I dont know if they make them for normal shoes though...kinda doubt it)
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:39:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok, I learned this when I was five and then re-learned it when my first born was five. Double tie your shoelaces. Works like a charm.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:56:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Velcro.

[url]nbwebexpress.com/large_pic.asp?style=MW805VW[/url]

just think of them as diapers for big people [:)]

[img]www.pleasantwalking.com/product-file/61/rece6861/product-thumbnail.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top