Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2001 2:38:10 PM EDT
I have a 5.56mm semi auto. SIGARMS INC. Herndon VA, on the left of receiver, SG 550-2SP, under that. With Made in Switzerland on the receiver and the Swiss "cross" on top of the receiver. It has a folding stock, see through 20 rd mags, ala Steyr aug. All the plastic is OD green, with a matte black fold down bipod.

But a more MAJOR dilemna....I can not get this thing to print any higher than -10" at 100 yds. It has a rotary type rear sight like an HK 91/93, with the same type HK front sight but with a fold up nite site.

How does one adjust the rear sights??  I think the windage adjustment is through the front sight. There are two screw adjustments on the rear, a small screw and a much larger round  screw that is probably adjusted with a case rim or a coin. Which one moves it up?? 40 rds later and I cant seem to get it to adjust up at all. GREAT trigger though.

Very Confused in Montana
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 2:54:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Never got to play with Sigs much, but ship it to me, and I will site it in for you. [:D]

Seriously, check out object #9, [url]http://www.gunnery.net/sig/550/stg90_swiss_parts_manual.pdf[/url]
my french is a little rusty, but I think that the screw with the notches in the base is the adjustment you are looking for.

Good luck, and let me know if it worked,
Ice
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 2:57:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Jeez, you have a $8000 rifle, and you're not sure if it's a Sig 550 or not???

I'll give you $1000 for it...
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 3:00:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's the place you'll want to go: [url]http://www.biggerhammer.net/sigamt/[/url]
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 3:03:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Absolute Junk.

Because I am a nice guy, I will take off your hands for $50.[whacko]
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 4:42:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a 5.56mm semi auto. SIGARMS INC. Herndon VA, on the left of receiver, SG 550-2SP, under that. With Made in Switzerland on the receiver and the Swiss "cross" on top of the receiver. It has a folding stock, see through 20 rd mags, ala Steyr aug. All the plastic is OD green, with a matte black fold down bipod.

But a more MAJOR dilemna....I can not get this thing to print any higher than -10" at 100 yds. It has a rotary type rear sight like an HK 91/93, with the same type HK front sight but with a fold up nite site.

How does one adjust the rear sights??  I think the windage adjustment is through the front sight. There are two screw adjustments on the rear, a small screw and a much larger round  screw that is probably adjusted with a case rim or a coin. Which one moves it up?? 40 rds later and I cant seem to get it to adjust up at all. GREAT trigger though.

Very Confused in Montana
View Quote

If you are that stupid, you need to sell it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 9:18:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Ice & HKocher,

Thanks for taking the time to supply me with some very useful sources of information. I have fooled with all sorts of military weapons but this is the first SIG 550 I have ever handled. It is very accurate with a  trigger pull as good as any of my sporting rifles. Belongs to an out of State friend , his only CF rifle too.

Thanks again......... FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top