Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2004 7:45:51 AM EDT
I went to the local Ford dealer yesterday to see if they had any 05 F150's on the lot.  They had a few, but the one truck that really caught my eye was an 04 F150 crew cab lariat that was white with the tan lower trim.  It stickered for $38,500 but they quoted me $33,000 (plus tax, tags, title, etc.)  on it.  Normally that would seem like a good deal, but since these are leftover models it seems as though they would take less than that.  

Also, what's everyone's opinion on buying the previous year's model with a substantial savings as opposed to buying an 05 and paying a few thousand more.  To me, it looks like it all works out about even in the end, with the added depreciation being taken up with the money you save.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:51:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I think I saw a Ford commercial this morning advertising 0% for 72 months on all 2004 models.  It might have only been local and they said the offer was only good for 3 days.  I'm not shopping right now, so I didn't pay much attn to it.

FWIW, my last 2 vehicles have been "certified" used and I've been pleased with both.

CR

On edit:  I just looked at Ford's website.  It appears that offer is good everywhere until Sept 30 on ALL 2004 vehicles.  
www.fordvehicles.com/features/news/detail/index.asp?id=1460  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:29:26 AM EDT
[#2]
bump
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:30:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Also, what's everyone's opinion on buying the previous year's model with a substantial savings as opposed to buying an 05 and paying a few thousand more.  To me, it looks like it all works out about even in the end, with the added depreciation being taken up with the money you save.  

Kinda seems that way to me too.  Still, I took advantage about a month ago and got an '04 GMC
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#4]
My wife and I just bought a new 04 Dodge Durango ST with a 4.7  V-8, cloth interior, power everything & ABS brakes. List price was $27,300 but we got it for $21,072 + TTL a week ago. It has the same 3/36 bumper-to-bumper warranty as the 05's and a 7/70 on the powertrain, but we didn't see any reason to pay more for the newest model year. Very few changes made. We tried to buy an 04 Explorer XLT at a local Ford dealership, but the dealer wouldn't talk total price after rebates and our trade-in's value. Only wanted to show us how low he could made the payment, so after 4 hours of aggravation and demanding we know what the truck costs after the rebates (if any??) we stormed out. Some dealers make is seem like they want to KEEP their inventory rather than sell it!

YMMV. Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:26:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My wife and I just bought a new 04 Dodge Durango ST with a 4.7  V-8, cloth interior, power everything & ABS brakes. List price was $27,300 but we got it for $21,072 + TTL a week ago. It has the same 3/36 bumper-to-bumper warranty as the 05's and a 7/70 on the powertrain, but we didn't see any reason to pay more for the newest model year. Very few changes made. We tried to buy an 04 Explorer XLT at a local Ford dealership, but the dealer wouldn't talk total price after rebates and our trade-in's value. Only wanted to show us how low he could made the payment, so after 4 hours of aggravation and demanding we know what the truck costs after the rebates (if any??) we stormed out. Some dealers make is seem like they want to KEEP their inventory rather than sell it!

YMMV. Good luck!

Looks like you got a really good deal!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:28:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Locally a Super Duty goes for 0% for 72 months.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:35:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Awesome. I will take an FX4 f250 4x4 powerstroke, 6 spd, thank you very much :)
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:05:26 AM EDT
[#8]
You could burn half of your money and cook hot dogs and purchase an '02.........

/car payment free for over 10 years.  Depreciation is a flaming biatch!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:10:24 AM EDT
[#9]
If you want a real deal hit the Chevy dealership.  They are the least popular of the fullsize pickups right now since they are the oldest design.  They are practically giving the things away.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:13:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Awesome. I will take an FX4 f250 4x4 powerstroke, 6 spd, thank you very much :)

Don't get the ZF six speed with the 6.0L, they are already getting a bad rep for failing. Besides, with the Torqshift five speed auto, you can use tow/haul mode for compression braking. i love our companies 6.0. Also, the FX4 is a rip off, they make you select the AT tires at $800 and the first thing you have to do is replace those suck ass tires. Buy some bilstein shocks and nitto 295s and  you get a much better ride and taller tires for $1200.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top