Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2005 8:03:12 PM EDT
What is it that we can do, right now, to convince the legislative branch that we need to seal the Southern border of our nation?  Is it letter writing, is it letters to the editor, is it demonstrations in the street?

What is it that needs to be done in order to get the Executive Branch to place our military along the Southern Border of the US and stop the illegal immigration into our nation?  What is it?

Could it be buying a lobbyist to get the ball rolling?  How much money would it take to get Congress to pass legislation that would ensure that our military would defend our borders?

I want to know!  What can we do?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:23:54 PM EDT
[#1]
The gov't already knows what we think, I guarantee it. They also know we are pissed about it.

They just don't give a shit.
Write all the letters you want, make all the phone calls you want, hire all the lobbyists you want, they don't give a shit.

If we actually tried to seal the border though, then they would care. They would send the military after us in a heartbeat. Still not necessarily opposed to that idea though I am too far away to be much help.
I don't know how some of you can live there. It would tear me up inside to watch this shit day after day.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:32:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The gov't already knows what we think, I guarantee it. They also know we are pissed about it.

They just don't give a shit.
Write all the letters you want, make all the phone calls you want, hire all the lobbyists you want, they don't give a shit.

If we actually tried to seal the border though, then they would care. They would send the military after us in a heartbeat. Still not necessarily opposed to that idea though I am too far away to be much help.
I don't know how some of you can live there. It would tear me up inside to watch this shit day after day.

God, I feel like doing a pictorial of my neighborhood so you guys can see what it's like in Los Angeles.  In the last few days, I've been walking around my AO and seeing all the signs in Spanish, the graffiti, the garbage and the dilapidated buildings... and I'm ready to get the F outta here.  I'm F'ing SICK of Los Angeles and the millions of illegal immigrants that live here.

Next week, I'm busting out the digital camera and showing you guys what it looks like to live in LA.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Is that it?  No mas?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:12:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Is that it?  No mas?

Um, I'd like pics?

In all honesty I don't think you are going to solve the problem without threatening the gov't with overthrow. Of course, I think that about a lot of things.

Put an end to their employment.
Put an end to handouts.
Put an end to anchor babies.

None of that will happen soon enough to stem the tied or save our nation I am afraid. GWB has betrayed us in the extreme. I doubt, for the first time in my adult life whether I will even vote in the next election or two.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:13:24 PM EDT
[#5]
The Government does not care about the illegal situation.
Customs and Border Protection Officers are not even considered First Line Federal LEO's.
Assistant US Attornies turn down a high percentage of criminal prosecution cases.
Even if Drug and Alien Smuglers were proscecuted, there is no jail space for them.
If you're an illegal and commit a crime in the US, you're released back into the US to appear in court. How many do you think show up?

Back to the question. What can we do?

Volunteer with the Minutemen.
Go to the media.
Pray
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:21:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Jorge says we need illegal immigration, they are only here doing the jobs Americans won't do.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:20:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Its that dang northern border I'm worried about.  I keep getting canadian dimes in my change from stores!  Getting 8.8 cents back on my dime is a call for war, I say!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:22:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:37:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Maybe if GW would ask our POTUS...Vincente Fox, to stop letting illegals come
here, they would stop.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:54:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I am gonna buy about 20 acres on the border (arizona) this spring.  In all seriousness, ARFCOM as a whole is invited to come have a nice little camping trip there over the summer.  I am probably gonna get in trouble, but there will be individuals building some "holding pens" for wild animals that we might catch on my property.  To qoute a line from Serenity: "I won't stand for that, I am to misbehave."

-Ben
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:00:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Definately the wrong place to say your gonna engage in illegal activities, even if you are making euphenisms. (sp)

Many 'a good posters accounts locked over far less.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:04:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Definately the wrong place to say your gonna engage in illegal activities, even if you are making euphenisms. (sp)

Many 'a good posters accounts locked over far less.

Not saying I am gonna engage in anything illegal.  Cause I won't.  Now misbehaving outside what is socially considered acceptable by the libetards, that is a different story.

-Ben
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:10:00 PM EDT
[#13]
We could adopt a resolution!

Peak_Oil:
   Right. Now, uh, item four: attainment of U.S. Sovereignty within the next five years. Uh, SubnetMask, you've been doing some work on this.

SubnetMask:
   Yeah. Thank you, Peak_Oil. Well, quite frankly, siblings, I think five years is optimistic, unless we can smash the Mexican empire within the next twelve months.

Peak_Oil:
   Twelve months?

SubnetMask:
   Yeah, twelve months. And, let's face it. As empires go, this is the big one, so we've got to get up off our arses and stop just talking about it!

Hive Mind:
   Hear! Hear!

daisywench
   I agree. It's action that counts, not words, and we need action now.

Hive Mind:
   Hear! Hear!

Peak_Oil:
   You're right. We could sit around here all day talking, passing resolutions, making clever speeches. It's not going to shift one illegal Mexican!

SubnetMask:
   So, let's just stop gabbing on about it. It's completely pointless and it's getting us nowhere!

Hive Mind:
   Right!

daisywench
   I agree. This is a complete waste of time.
   [bam]

Pattymcn:
   They've arrested 1GUNRUNNER!

Peak_Oil:
   What?

Hive Mind:
   What?

Pattymcn:
   They've dragged him off! They're going to crucify him!

Peak_Oil:
   Right! This calls for immediate discussion!

drjarhead:
   Yeah.

Pattymcn:
   What?!

jadams951
   Immediate.

drjarhead:
   Right.

daisywench
   New motion?

Peak_Oil:
   Completely new motion, eh, that, ah-- that there be, ah, immediate action--

SubnetMask:
   Ah, once the vote has been taken.

Peak_Oil:
   Well, obviously once the vote's been taken. You can't act another resolution till you've voted on it...

Pattymcn:
   Peak_Oil, for God's sake, let's go now!

Peak_Oil:
   Yeah. Yeah.

Pattymcn:
   Please!

Peak_Oil:
   Right. Right.

SubnetMask:
   Fine.

Peak_Oil:
   In the-- in the light of fresh information from, ahh, sibling Pattymcn--

daisywench
   Ah, not so fast, Peak_Oil.

Pattymcn:
   Peak_Oil, for God's sake, it's perfectly simple. All you've got to do is to go out of that door now, and try to stop the Mexicans' nailing him up! It's happening, Peak_Oil! Something's actually happening, Peak_Oil! Can't you understand?! Ohhh!
   [slam]

Peak_Oil:
   Hm. Hm.

SubnetMask:
   Oh, dear.

Peak_Oil:
   Hello. Another little ego trip for the feminists.

daisywench
   What?

SubnetMask:
   [whistling]

Peak_Oil:
   Oh, sorry, daisywench. Ahh, oh, read that back, would you?

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:11:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#15]
We don't need no stinking badges!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:29:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is that it?  No mas?

Um, I'd like pics?

It looks like I'll have a chance in a couple of days.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:37:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is that it?  No mas?

Um, I'd like pics?

In all honesty I don't think you are going to solve the problem without threatening the gov't with overthrow. Of course, I think that about a lot of things.

Put an end to their employment.
Put an end to handouts.
Put an end to anchor babies.

None of that will happen soon enough to stem the tied or save our nation I am afraid. GWB has betrayed us in the extreme. I doubt, for the first time in my adult life whether I will even vote in the next election or two.

You know what is the sickest part of your solution is?  Doing so would actually save money AND help the unemployment rate, assuming you could find some Americans willing to do the job.  Unfortunately, many of these jobs would pay less than the "target audience" gets from welfare.  Reforming welfare would solve both problems.  They would be FORCED to work, and less tax money would be needed to support them.

So the steps are:
END welfare for illegals
REFORM welfare for Americans
END employment for illegals
END the anchor baby law.

BANG!  Incentive for illegals to come here goes down, incentive for Americans to work goes up.  Americans left over who REALLY can't work can still get help, Americans who refuse to work meet my friend Darwin.  Sounds unfair, but I've always been told, "Life isn't always fair."
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:57:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
We could adopt a resolution!

Peak_Oil:
   Right. Now, uh, item four: attainment of U.S. Sovereignty within the next five years. Uh, SubnetMask, you've been doing some work on this.

SubnetMask:
   Yeah. Thank you, Peak_Oil. Well, quite frankly, siblings, I think five years is optimistic, unless we can smash the Mexican empire within the next twelve months.

Peak_Oil:
   Twelve months?

SubnetMask:
   Yeah, twelve months. And, let's face it. As empires go, this is the big one, so we've got to get up off our arses and stop just talking about it!

Hive Mind:
   Hear! Hear!

daisywench
   I agree. It's action that counts, not words, and we need action now.

Hive Mind:
   Hear! Hear!

Peak_Oil:
   You're right. We could sit around here all day talking, passing resolutions, making clever speeches. It's not going to shift one illegal Mexican!

SubnetMask:
   So, let's just stop gabbing on about it. It's completely pointless and it's getting us nowhere!

Hive Mind:
   Right!

daisywench
   I agree. This is a complete waste of time.
   [bam]

Pattymcn:
   They've arrested 1GUNRUNNER!

Peak_Oil:
   What?

Hive Mind:
   What?

Pattymcn:
   They've dragged him off! They're going to crucify him!

Peak_Oil:
   Right! This calls for immediate discussion!

drjarhead:
   Yeah.

Pattymcn:
   What?!

jadams951
   Immediate.

drjarhead:
   Right.

daisywench
   New motion?

Peak_Oil:
   Completely new motion, eh, that, ah-- that there be, ah, immediate action--

SubnetMask:
   Ah, once the vote has been taken.

Peak_Oil:
   Well, obviously once the vote's been taken. You can't act another resolution till you've voted on it...

Pattymcn:
   Peak_Oil, for God's sake, let's go now!

Peak_Oil:
   Yeah. Yeah.

Pattymcn:
   Please!

Peak_Oil:
   Right. Right.

SubnetMask:
   Fine.

Peak_Oil:
   In the-- in the light of fresh information from, ahh, sibling Pattymcn--

daisywench
   Ah, not so fast, Peak_Oil.

Pattymcn:
   Peak_Oil, for God's sake, it's perfectly simple. All you've got to do is to go out of that door now, and try to stop the Mexicans' nailing him up! It's happening, Peak_Oil! Something's actually happening, Peak_Oil! Can't you understand?! Ohhh!
   [slam]

Peak_Oil:
   Hm. Hm.

SubnetMask:
   Oh, dear.

Peak_Oil:
   Hello. Another little ego trip for the feminists.

daisywench
   What?

SubnetMask:
   [whistling]

Peak_Oil:
   Oh, sorry, daisywench. Ahh, oh, read that back, would you?

Bwahahahahahahah....that's funny as Hell. And accurate.

Same as Congress!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top