Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2001 12:23:40 AM EDT
Man....these rifles are beautiful.  I swear,on some nights that I don't see my babe...I look to my trusty AR's and just drool...just love them...
Bought my First AR (Post Bushy M4) about 3 months ago....then...bought an Ultra target upper just 3 weeks ago...(26" Bull, fluted SS on a BM receiver, heavy mother)....loving that....then installed a Jewell trigger on my lower......
Portability I got from my M4 and Ultra sharp shooting I got on my 26" mother....
But what now....I thought I'd get an AR10...but I can't see pissing money out on problems some guys talk about.......I really would like the BIGGER GUN but would rather just enjoy another AR Kick ass rifle....Or howAbout...those conversion units, .45 or 9mm puppies???
Can I fire those puppies at indoor shooting ranges?????
What I was really thinking about is to get another AR that is in between the ones I have know...
Thinking about a 20" SS Krieger on an A3...
What do you guys think...Are there any Gunsmiths/ maufacuturers out there that have these things ready made....as oppose to waiting 3 to 4 months.....????
Thanks Guys...
PQ
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 5:03:22 AM EDT
[#1]
What part of PA do you live in?
I am in the south eastern part of the state and I know there are at least 3 indoor ranges to shoot rifles. They are only 25 yards but then few indoor ranges exceed 25 yards. I usually shoot at one called Classic Pistol in Southampton, PA (approximately 4 miles west of Philadelphia).
Definitely want to reconsider the AR-10. I have one and its more fun to shoot than most of my AR15's. If their is a problem with an AR-10 Armalite will make it right if you give them a chance. Mine has been totally reliable. If their was a legitimate complaint then it would be the cost of high capacity magazines. But they are cheaper than preban Glock mags.
There is also an informal get together this coming June 30th outside of Harrisburg, PA that promises to be fun. Read about it here: [url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=23410[/url]

Finally, You should check out  [url]www.compasslake.com/[/url] about that Krieger barreled upper. I bought an upper from them and it arrived in less than a week. I'm not sure what their current schedule is like.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 5:42:40 AM EDT
[#2]
No problems with the AR10`s. The first year they forgot to polish some chambers and had extraction trouble but that has been long ago fixed. Also lifetime warranty.

I reccomend one. lots o fun
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:43:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:53:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
....Or howAbout...those conversion units, .45 or 9mm puppies???
Can I fire those puppies at indoor shooting ranges?????...
PQ
View Quote

I have an indoor shooting range near my home and they allow any firearm to be shot as long as it is a pistol caliber. So you could shoot a .45 Ar, but you can't shoot a T/C in 30-06. I also have an indoor range around town that allows you to shoot almost anything. Nothing crazy though. You must keep the .50 BMG at home.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:08:49 AM EDT
[#5]
HOw about a Robinson M96(223Rem), Springfield Armoury M1A(308Win), DSA58(FN FAL-type).  The govt is slowly tightening the requirements for guns.  Your children won't have the same access to guns as you do now.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:12:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Get a real gun. Buy a SKS.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:19:11 AM EDT
[#7]
How about one of those monsters from Tromix? That's what I'd do next.....
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:40:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 9:17:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Get a real AR! Get a Pre-Ban Colt!

[img]www.gunsamerica.com/upload/976109980.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 9:48:07 AM EDT
[#10]
[b][brown]Here's an idea -[/brown][/b]

Get the L.E.G.P. AR and part it out as you see fit to build whatever you want but at least keeping the one of a kind engraved lower.  That way you get to brag about AR15.com (your favorite hangout right???) and make other shooters envious!
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 10:00:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Kevin@AR15com_1&2:
[b][brown]Here's an idea -[/brown][/b]

Get the L.E.G.P. AR and part it out as you see fit to build whatever you want but at least keeping the one of a kind engraved lower.  That way you get to brag about AR15.com (your favorite hangout right???) and make other shooters envious!
View Quote

Yeah and sell me the upper. I can't believe I didn't buy that one on the parts forum...
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top