Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/30/2005 12:42:32 PM EDT
You are in Louisiana.

The power is out.

You own a fully stocked clothing and jewelry store.

The police are hours away.

You survived the storm along with all of your inventory.

The streets are flooded...

You have enough food to last a week or so...

You decide to defend your store against the looters.

What gun/setup/rig do you choose?

Those who scream dupe can go to "you-know-where"...

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:43:27 PM EDT
[#1]
A standard AR carbine will take care of business.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:44:27 PM EDT
[#2]
My 870 Marine Magnum.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:45:10 PM EDT
[#3]
A super-soaker filled with clean water and a spray bottle filled with a soap solution.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:46:46 PM EDT
[#4]
my glock 26 has never jammed :)
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:47:32 PM EDT
[#5]
M4orgery and a raft of C-mags full of TAP
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Carbine and 1911. I've already tested the combo.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:48:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Have a nice day

ETA:  My other distributer-of-hurt.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:49:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
A standard AR carbine will take care of business.

The streets are flooded...

You have enough food to last a week or so...
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:49:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
M4orgery and a raft of C-mags full of TAP

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:49:26 PM EDT
[#10]
The same one I'd use for 2-legged miscreants under any other circumstances.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:50:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Considering my AR has been jamming on me lately, I'll have to use my WASR-10.  Not the most accurate gun, but definitely minute-of-looter.

I probably wouldn't have to use it though.  Just put up a sign outside that says, "Try to rob me, and I'll shoot your ass.  There are unguarded stores down the street."
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:52:25 PM EDT
[#12]
AR15 carbine, eotech, verticle grip, some surefire goodness for those dark nights.
Thats all I need
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:52:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

home.comcast.net/~dbrowne1978/guns/AR_001.jpg

What about the 8-toed Miscreant in the pic?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:52:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I have enough food to last me more then a week :)
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:52:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Advocating the shooting of police officers is the guaranteed way to the exit door! .
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:52:57 PM EDT
[#16]
My Recce.

Perfectly capable of taking care of the looters.  

Altho I'd rather have a nice rooftop view and Ma to keep me company.

(A virtual cookie to the guy who gets that refrence)
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:53:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

The toes at the bottom of the pic are a very nice touch.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:53:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Is it just ARFCOM required for people to leave toes in the picture of the AR on the floor?  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Man, those are some ugly toes.

FAL
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:54:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

What about the 8-toed Miscreant in the pic?

Those are my backup phalanges, in case I have to claw somebody's eyes out when my primary and sidearm both fail.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:54:58 PM EDT
[#21]
M1a scout squad & 1911 ought to do it
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:55:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

FAL

Dude, I was a 3 sport athlete in HS and 2 sport in college - I've been taking shit for those things for years.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:55:49 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Fal.

Since the cops are looting as well you need something that will defintly defeat their vest.

do you have a source for this information?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:55:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#25]
a .38 and a 10/22 are all you ever need
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:58:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Had a boating accident awhile back.  I'm screwed.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:01:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Ak with plenty of drums, cheaper ammo, cheaper gun, and rust in such a humid enviroment wouldn't have much of an effect on a sloppy tolerance gun. Plus, the gangstas are going to be saying, "he be packin an ay kay fotee sebem!" as they swim away from the shop. You don't really want to shell out more money on your gun than what your stock is worth.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
My Recce.

Don't you think a .50 is a little heavy for unarmored looters?
The 1919 would be fine...

Where's ma cookie?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:03:14 PM EDT
[#30]
For me a Rem 870 with 7shot mag with a 50 round bandolier 00 buck 2 3/4" shells, & Beretta 92SF.

BTW:Mike(aka The_Beer_Slayer) how's the weather in Birmingham? Raining real hard?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:03:31 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Those are some gangly looking claws you got there dbrowne1
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:03:38 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fal.

Since the cops are looting as well you need something that will defintly defeat their vest.

The article posted in this thread.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:05:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Same as my Zombie Gun...

Quiet, high capacity with a light. ALthough I'd probably opt for sstnadard 30 round mags for looters which don't mass in numbers like zombie hordes.

Let's See Your Zombie Rifle...  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#34]
M1 Garand
plenty of M2 ball
16 inch bayonet

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:09:42 PM EDT
[#35]
For me:

Plus batteries and ammo...

There is a QD mount for SHTF...

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

FAL

No kidding, They almost made me

Nobody in their right mind should have their toes in their AR pictures.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Just cover the entire floor of the store with bear traps... and run some jumper cables into the water attached to a few car batteries... then sit back and enjoy the show...

If anyone makes it past that enjoy your new pop-up range with whatever guns you have. I'd say use every gun you own and do a "Shop-o-Truth" or "Looters-o-Truth" in keeping with OldPainless' series of ballistic testing.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fal.

Police Looting

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:29:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Well how about this instead , you're not in N. O. , you're in Baton Rouge . You own a shooting range / machine gun shop/ mil. surplus store and you're well known for building AK's , AR's and supressors and your shop is in a industrial area backed up against the ghetto . You don't forsee much flooding , but you know from experiance that the power will be out for at least a few days , that your neighbors are proven looters and that the police will be unable to respond to alarms/ call's due to debris/powerlines on the road and will be swamped with life saving calls anyway . What ya gunna do ?   Keep it simple . MRE's are on the shelve , water is stocked . No generator , but a good inverter on the truck to power com. .   Load everything worth stealing in the vault . Park the truck to block off the front door . Mag's for the 10.5 in M16A1 are loaded 1 to 2 tracers to fmj and gun has a good tac lite on it .  A burst of real bright rock and roll , it is believed , would underline "get off the property, we're closed! "  very well  .  Nothing further was found to be needed .
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:30:30 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Well how about this instead , you're not in N. O. , you're in Baton Rouge . You own a shooting range / machine gun shop/ mil. surplus store and you're well known for building AK's , AR's and supressors and your shop is in a industrial area backed up against the ghetto . You don't forsee much flooding , but you know from experiance that the power will be out for at least a few days , that your neighbors are proven looters and that the police will be unable to respond to alarms/ call's due to debris/powerlines on the road and will be swamped with life saving calls anyway . What ya gunna do ?   Keep it simple . MRE's are on the shelve , water is stocked . No generator , but a good inverter on the truck to power com. .   Load everything worth stealing in the vault . Park the truck to block off the front door . Mag's for the 10.5 in M16A1 are loaded 1 to 2 tracers to fmj and gun has a good tac lite on it .  A burst of real bright rock and roll , it is believed , would underline "get off the property, we're closed! "  very well  .  Nothing further was found to be needed .

Well said.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:30:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Rem 870 Marine Magnum.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:32:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:34:23 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
For me:

img331.imageshack.us/img331/1745/dscf07763me.jpg

Plus batteries and ammo...

There is a QD mount for SHTF...

Yeah dude! That is what I'm talking about!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My Recce.

Don't you think a .50 is a little heavy for unarmored looters?
The 1919 would be fine...

Where's ma cookie?

Everybody gets that refrence.  I meant the other refrence. About putting a 50 on the roof to prevent looting.  Jeez, you people need to read more. . . .

But you get a half a virtual cookie.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:36:56 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Experience?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#46]
1919A4 And a Calico M100 at first. Have to try the others out , nothing like real time testing.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:46:58 PM EDT
[#47]
It's been fairly intresting the last couple days . Now we've got a gangs of "refugee's" wandering around "jus walkin" to deal with .

Quoted:

Quoted:

Experience?

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:47:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:48:58 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
FAL.
But the 10-22 is very nice for warning shots.  A 22 lr into the water makes a very nice splash.
If the splash doesn't scare them off, a sucking chest wound will.

That would make a nice sig...
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:53:56 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
It's been fairly intresting the last couple days . Now we've got a gangs of "refugee's" wandering around "jus walkin" to deal with .

Quoted:

Quoted:

Experience?

Keep your head on a swivel and your powder dry, I'll be praying for you.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top