Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2006 4:59:04 PM EDT
Ok, Is it me or is everyone trying to buy a part of america someone is trying to buy a road in Indiana and some bs with ports a few weeks ago. If you want to buy any land in america and you are from another country it is 100000000000000 dollars a square foot. I think selling anything when it comes to land to another country is a bunch of bull shit.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:03:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Are you talking about foreign governments owning property in the U.S., or foreign citizens, or foreign companies?

I agree with the foreign governments part - but if you are talking about anything else, then you are talking crazy!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:05:12 PM EDT
[#2]
How do you think we are financing the war in Iraq?

We are taking out long term loans from other countries and selling assets in this country.

Your kids and grand-kids are the ones who will really be pissed off.....
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:05:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Are you talking about foreign governments owning property in the U.S., or foreign citizens, or foreign companies?

I agree with the foreign governments part - but if you are talking about anything else, then you are talking crazy!

Talking crazy would be like me saying I want to put a bullet in every libs head. Why would I want to do that.

Companies I don't believe they should be able to make large amounts of money off us that way. Why can't they just do it like china does.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Talking crazy would be like me saying I want to put a bullet in every libs head. Why would I want to do that.

Companies I don't believe they should be able to make large amounts of money off us that way. Why can't they just do it like china does.

So are you saying that foreign citizens and foreign companies should not be allowed to own property in the U.S. or not?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:06:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

We are taking out long term loans from other countries and selling assets in this country.

Couldn't we just take there money and blow up the fuckin place they bought and just be like. How the hell did that happen. Must of been z germans.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:08:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So are you saying that foreign citizens and foreign companies should not be allowed to own property in the U.S. or not?

They shouldn't be able to. In England in order to take out a dollar you need to pay like 21 cents to the goverment.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:08:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Couldn't we just take there money and blow up the fuckin place they bought and just be like. How the hell did that happen. Must of been z germans.

Your Ethno-centrism is frightening
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#8]
So by your logic I shouldn't be able to buy a nice homestead say in the Swiss Alps or something because I'd be a foriegner there?  If the land's for sale, sell it.  If not, don't sell it.  Land in the USA isn't going anywhere, it tends to stay where it's at.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:12:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I think you should ask American-Indians how they feel about foreign ownership of this land
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:14:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They shouldn't be able to. In England in order to take out a dollar you need to pay like 21 cents to the goverment.

I'd say you ARE talking crazy then.  

So companies like Nissan, Toyota, Honda, etc - that build factories in the United States, so that they can sell cars here, and employ american workers - shouldn't be allowed to own those factories?  There is a HUGE amount of foreign investment in the U.S. ecnomoy (much of it from Britain).  Your suggestion would damage the U.S. economy very seriously.

In addition, you are saying that someone like me, who works hard and pays an assload of U.S. taxes, shouldn't be allowed to buy a house?  

It's a free market.  As long as it isn't of national strategic value, why can't some Japanese dude buy a condo in Manhattan?

Why do you hate capitalism so much?  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#11]
This is the same argument people had 15 years ago when the Japanese were buying up New York.

The world is a global economy now. People invest money by buying property, businesses etc in foreign countries.

You would be surprised at how many oil wells we OWN in the Middle East
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:18:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

How do you think lincoln paid for the civil war? Britain called on the debt in 1929 by moving its gold, coincides with a catastrophic economic even in the US. We paid it back with lend lease later on in history.

Totally sucks. We should not allow foriegn entities to buy our assets unless they allow us to buy thiers. Case in point, you can not own property in mexico, you can only lease the right to use it. That is bullshit compared to allowing mexicans the right to own US property. Shoud only do business with reciprocity laws between nations.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:19:29 PM EDT
[#13]
To add: Foreign owned assets are so easy to seize too!  A nice tool to keep foreigners in control, the ones with assets anyways.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:43:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd say you ARE talking crazy then.  

So companies like Nissan, Toyota, Honda, etc - that build factories in the United States, so that they can sell cars here, and employ american workers - shouldn't be allowed to own those factories?  There is a HUGE amount of foreign investment in the U.S. ecnomoy (much of it from Britain).  Your suggestion would damage the U.S. economy very seriously.

In addition, you are saying that someone like me, who works hard and pays an assload of U.S. taxes, shouldn't be allowed to buy a house?  

It's a free market.  As long as it isn't of national strategic value, why can't some Japanese dude buy a condo in Manhattan?

Why do you hate capitalism so much?  

I guess your right. But I really hate the UAE and Afgranarag and iraqastan. Thank god we didn't sell them our ports.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top