Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 10:02:38 PM EDT
We have all seen the white crosses on the side of the road with someone's name on it. Presumably the spot where someone was killed in a car accident.

I have came across 2 of them in central Ohio that I don't get. The first one I seen westbound on 70 at mile 116. East of Columbus. The same one just popped up on 70 eastbound at around mile 91. West of Columbus. Just in case anyone wants to keep an eye out.

They are a nice hefty white cross with 3" or 4" black letters like you use on your house or mailbox. The thing is they just say 'YOU.' Freaks the crap out of me.

What kind of message is someone trying to send and have these been seen anywhere else?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:04:17 PM EDT
[#1]
"This could be YOU" ?

I'd say its a scare tactic against drunk driving.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:04:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I think they are only for you. No one else has seen any.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#3]
What did you say about CHUCK?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:33:43 PM EDT
[#4]
just swerve and run the fuckers over
wasn't there a member on here that posted he went out and cleaned up the piles of "trash" on the side of the road and a bunch of people freaked out about it ?LOL
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:34:15 PM EDT
[#5]
It's just a sick joke.  Probably by someone annoyed by those roadside memorials.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:56:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
"This could be YOU" ?

I'd say its a scare tactic against drunk driving.

I agree.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:00:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Actually, they are put there by God himself. He is hoping that you look at them, get distracted and crash. I guess it just hasen't worked yet.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top