Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/29/2006 2:44:30 PM EST
Alright movie buffs let's see if you can help me on this one...

I watched a movie as a kid probably around 1986-1988 about some crew from another planet or future, coming to earth. They befriended 1-2 boys who ran away from their parents or something, and I remember their parents worrying at NASA (might have been in communication with the boys on the ship at some point). The captain was the typical hero sort, and they had a crew along with an android (I wanna say gold, kinda like C-3PO), and acrew of about 7-8 of mostly humans; were boarded by some evil aliens/robots and killed all except the captain, who was shot in the chest. I remember the android protecting the child(ren)The captain somehow escaped and went back to the boy's house and went to his bedroom and there in a toy chest was a bullet-extractor that he used to pull the bullet fragment from his chest. There was an emotional goodbye b/w the two and the captain did the infamous walking into the sunset.

This is about all I remember. If it was a movie, It probably wasn't rated R, and doubtful that it was PG-13.

This has been driving me crazy for years. I don't think it was part of a series, and I've watched so many B-rated movies to drive me crazy thinking it might have been it...

Thanks in advance if you can help
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:28:02 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/29/2006 10:28:15 PM EST by brainslushy]
"Flight of the NAvigator" maybe?

www.imdb.com/title/tt0091059/

or

"The Last Starfight" perhaps?

imdb.com/title/tt0087597/
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:00:32 AM EST
He said robots.

That leaves the first one out.

The second sounds more like it, but more than a few facts were wrong and/or forgotten. I’m inclined to say The Last Starfighter, but I’m only 60% convinced.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:04:02 AM EST
I don't know the movie the original poster is looking for, but it's not The Last Starfighter.

The Last Starfighter was about a guy who lived in a trailer park being selected to fly starships because of his prowess at an arcade game. No robots, but a lizard-looking alien guy.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:13:39 AM EST

Originally Posted By Wombat_SCSO:
I don't know the movie the original poster is looking for, but it's not The Last Starfighter.

The Last Starfighter was about a guy who lived in a trailer park being selected to fly starships because of his prowess at an arcade game. No robots, but a lizard-looking alien guy.

The Last Starfighter was the tits!

gave hope to us Asteroid players.

thanks for the memories...may have to dig up my Atari 2700
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:54:50 AM EST

Originally Posted By rob78:

Star Raiders Pwn3d Asteroids.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 12:03:59 PM EST

Originally Posted By ProfessorEvil:

Galaga Pwn3d Star Raiders
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 12:17:27 PM EST

Originally Posted By ProfessorEvil:

Galaga Pwn3d Star Raiders

True enough. One just happened to be cheaper to play at the time (quarters are a lot of money to a kid)
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:21:39 AM EST
nope neither of those. Man, I used to think the Last Starfighter had awesome graphics...till I watched it again a couple years ago...yeah atari
Top Top