Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/13/2010 4:18:47 PM EDT
My vote goes for Field and Streams GUN NUTS.  I give them this vote because of their unenthusiastic narrating, their horrible gun safety and their very cheaply done editing.  What say you ARFCOM?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:19:54 PM EDT
[#1]
and the fact that it should be called "Fudd Nuts"
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I only watched it twice, but Ruger's CCW show.  I never see actual training.  One episode was all about a gay gentleman who was attacked 20 years ago, and the other show was about k9 dog training.  Maybe it was the two episodes I watched, but it was bad.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:24:22 PM EDT
[#3]
What channel does this RUger CCW show come on? I have never seen it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:25:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I think Spike on Saturday or Sunday morning.

ETA: Saturday at 10:30 AM.  Full title is "Conceal & carry school."

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:29:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I watched one episode of it where they were trying to see if a certian semi-auto shotgun would fire if dropped with one in the chamber.

So he, all 350lbs of himself, gets up in this stand thats about 18' tall and drops the shotgun straight down to the ground so it will land on the butt, barrel poointing straight up, at himself in the stand.    
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:31:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I will have to set that to record

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:31:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I watched one episode of it where they were trying to see if a certian semi-auto shotgun would fire if dropped with one in the chamber.

So he, all 350lbs of himself, gets up in this stand thats about 18' tall and drops the shotgun straight down to the ground so it will land on the butt, barrel poointing straight up, at himself in the stand.    

Are you sure it was a loaded shell and not just a primed one or something like that?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:32:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Honestly most of them are pretty bad. They should have less shows1 or 2 at the most, but with bigger budgets.
What would be awesome would be Top Gear but with guns.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:32:48 PM EDT
[#9]
There are two every week that should be called "watch the same guys/girls shoot competitively - over and over again" - with 4 minutes of a few odd guns on the island work area.  Used to be a good show, but they fell into an easy no-brain formula show that doesn't require much budget or brains.  Oh, and they hate AKs because only bad guys shoot them.

I find the Gun Nuts to be more informative.  I can't name the sucky shows.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:33:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

This.

I'm not a terribly enthusiastic fan of Gun Nuts.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:33:32 PM EDT
[#11]
what is the show with the little bald guy who always wears great big wrap around black sunglasses, I think his name is Aaron

I also think that Patrick Sweeney is on it also

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:34:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

My vote goes for Field and Streams GUN NUTS. I give them this vote because of their unenthusiastic narrating, there horrible gun safety and their very cheaply done editing. What say you ARFCOM?

Really Bad !!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:34:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My vote goes for Field and Streams GUN NUTS.  I give them this vote because of their unenthusiastic narrating, there horrible gun safety and their very cheaply done editing.  What say you ARFCOM?

I agree
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
what is the show with the little bald guy who always wears great big wrap around black sunglasses, I think his name is Aaron

Handguns and Pat Sweeney isnt on there anymore, the show actually improved a little bit without him but simply for the multiple choppy switchies in camera angle during each section of video I have to place this show in #2 of the worst.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:35:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think Spike on Saturday or Sunday morning.

ETA: Saturday at 10:30 AM.  Full title is "Conceal & carry school."

is that the one with Major Dad?   The show is terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#16]
"Gallery of Guns TV" on the Sportsman's Channel is really lame.  

None of them really stand out...
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:37:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you sure it was a loaded shell and not just a primed one or something like that?

If it was they didn't mention it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:38:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This one gets my vote. I don't even know why they bother, with all the quality firearms television available these days.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:40:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
There are two every week that should be called "watch the same guys/girls shoot competitively - over and over again" - with 4 minutes of a few odd guns on the island work area.  Used to be a good show, but they fell into an easy no-brain formula show that doesn't require much budget or brains.  Oh, and they hate AKs because only bad guys shoot them.

What show are you talking about?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:43:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Willing to bet it's Shooting USA/Sighting in w/ Shooting USA. I like the Scouttens and they've had good stuff in the past, but I agree with the newer shows being super formulaic, and I could go the rest of my life without seeing another cowboy shooting "competition".
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:44:00 PM EDT
[#21]
I love David Petzals writing in field and stream, but he sucks on TV. Maybe he'll get better with time.... The production on the show sucks too....
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:44:31 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sent you an IM.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:44:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Tactical arms, I like the show but damn if their editing doesnt suck and sound quality is spotty at best.   That said it's my #1 DVR choi ce.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#24]
The only ones worth watching are American Riflemen and Tactical Arms with Larry Vickers.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:49:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Before I even opened the thread the choice was clear. Gun Nuts
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:50:59 PM EDT
[#26]
I actually like "Gallery of Guns".

Its somewhat educational, and they shoot and discuss.

I only discovered I had it a couple of months ago, and have DVR'd every show since.

I like the one guy who talks a lot like Forrest Gump, he's a writer of some sort.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#27]
I dont care for Tequila Sunrise or whatever his name is (Cowboy Elvis?) on the western shooting show.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:52:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I like the one guy who talks a lot like Forrest Gump, he's a writer of some sort.

Tiger McKee ?

Sounds like he knows his business but damned if he dont talk funny
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#29]
only 4 that I DVR.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tiger McKee ?

Sounds like he knows his business but damned if he dont talk funny

No, some other guy with glasses.  "Lowell" or some name like that.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Handguns and Pat Sweeney isnt on there anymore, the show actually improved a little bit without him but simply for the multiple choppy switchies in camera angle during each section of video I have to place this show in #2 of the worst.

Brian Stas

Handguns is not a bad show but this guy's monotone delivery makes me fall asleep every time I watch it.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:08:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jimp6995/NEWEST/hatful.jpg
Brian Stas

Handguns is not a bad show but this guy's monotone delivery makes me fall asleep every time I watch it.

Seriously monotone voice.  It's the first thing I commented on when I saw the show for the first time.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:11:53 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brian Stas

Seriously monotone voice.  It's the first thing I commented on when I saw the show for the first time.
They have a video on the main page of him....

http://handgunstv.com/

Caution DRONE AHEAD.....

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#34]
they all suck, it's just one long commercials for the sponsors of those shows.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:19:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:21:17 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

True, but I'm going to watch about half of them anyway.  The ones I can stomach make me feel normal about collecting, shooting and enjoying the "lifestyle" of Gun people.  We and the advertisers pay for the content.

You'll never catch me watching a Golf tournament with or without commercials.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:22:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:23:05 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brian Stas

Seriously monotone voice. It's the first thing I commented on when I saw the show for the first time.

I don't have cable, but I did see this show the other day while babysitting my niece.  Was okay, but one segment about "the secrets to shooting" or some such was on trigger reset.  I've been teaching this "big secret" to Women on Target groups for the past three or four years.

+1 on the delivery, too much like someone went to the Vin Deisel school of acting.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:25:58 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

+1

Gun Shows have really gone down hill in the last few years...

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:31:13 PM EDT
[#40]
I DVR almost all of them because Shitty gun TV is better than about 90% of all TV.  I do agree that most of them are nothing but advertisements for the sponsors but again how often do you actually get to see firearms in a positive capacity and hear gunshots that do not sound like an atomic bomb.  Honest depictions of supressors are also a welcome thing to see on TV even if it is a documentary.  The biggest ad whore show has got to be Guns and Ammo TV if I see another 1/2 hour Hornady commercial I am going to spit.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:31:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Tactical arms, I like the show but damn if their editing doesnt suck and sound quality is spotty at best.   That said it's my #1 DVR choi ce.

Sound is way out of whack alot of times. Vickers is more cocky this season.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:32:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I dont care for Tequila Sunrise or whatever his name is (Cowboy Elvis?) on the western shooting show.

While I am not into the whole SASS thing I watched the show before they switched him to host.  I dont know what happened to the other guy but he was a far superior host.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:33:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Brian Stas

Yes and they really love to film at weird angles while he talks which just makes it worse
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:35:58 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

My vote goes for Field and Streams GUN NUTS.  I give them this vote because of their unenthusiastic narrating, their horrible gun safety and their very cheaply done editing.  What say you ARFCOM?

Those guys are like watching an extended youtube video with commercials.  They are so "unpolished" it isn't funny.

However, I'd rather watch something as bad as those two Northeast sounding almost-a-bees, than the news.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:59:17 PM EDT
[#45]
I got absolutely pissed at Shooting USA last week.  First it was another steel challenge episode, it takes a little bit of time to figure out if it's a rerun of last year or this year.  That's how boring steel challenge is.  There was no pro tip.  Then for the second 1/2 hour I watched 5 or so minutes of the fucking camera man and sound guy hanging out at the beach, then 20 minutes of their shitty assed attempt at the steel challenge stages.  This was all mixed in with some product plugs.  Then FINALLY a pro tip, was the only thing worth it in the whole hour.

I really want to watch my "man shows" as the wife calls them, but not much point... I'll just DVR that one and fast forward to the pro tip.

Ironically I posted in their forum a month or three ago and suggested they go to some local matches- outlaw type stuff.  He said that was a bad idea, no one wants to watch that - sorry Jim, but you're wrong.  They have had some great shows, but I think it's about a year and a half since I've seen one.

I have only watched gun nuts once- That's when I take my shower on Wednesday now.

I like Michael Bane on Shooting Gallery when he goes and does some training or covers some kind of competition I know nothing about (Ruger Rimfire Challenge comes to mind)

I also like Best Defense Survival, some good info in there.

The rest just make good background noise.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:05:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I am not into the whole SASS thing I watched the show before they switched him to host.  I dont know what happened to the other guy but he was a far superior host.

Cowboy Elvis is a fuckin tool. Aaron Roberts from the old tactical impact and the hangun shows drives me nuts to. Only shows I like now are Tactical Impact and Tactical Arms. Sucks they dont have Jason Falla and Kyle Defoors on them anymore.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

+1, could not be more boring
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:14:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Sent you an IM.

Show me
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sent you an IM.

Show me

He's been mentioned, and out of respect as a site sponsor I didn't want to mention his name.

Note his Arfcom coffee mug hasn't been facing the camera lately.

ETA - It's become like NASCAR, where everyone you see wears a team shirt.  They all look like drivers with advertisements plastered on them.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:26:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Those guys are like watching an extended youtube video with commercials.  They are so "unpolished" it isn't funny.

However, I'd rather watch something as bad as those two Northeast sounding almost-a-bees, than the news.

But they show me how to "smoke them on station"
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top