Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2004 5:04:43 AM EDT
I read this book when I was in my teens and I don't remember the title nor author.  I had downloaded it off the internet in the mid or early 90's (back when the internet wasn't so popular).  The author was making it available to anyone who wanted to download it, and you could send him donations if you liked it.   This book drastically changed my way of thinking, and I am dying to reread it.  The copy I had printed has been misplaced or thrown out since then but I think it was over 125 full pages.

Here is what I can remember:
It was a post appocolypse scenario, war I think....but that wasn't the focus of the book.  It was sometime after the event....year or more.
The main focus was on a small community of people and how they  lived now (around 15 people)
They talked alot about specific weapons.  There were a lot of HK's mentioned.
At one point they go to a market to barter for goods.  Pre '64 silver coins and amunition were the source of curreny.

I don't know if this book was ever published outside the internet.  I assume it was written in the 80's or early 90's.    I can't remember much, and I know it isn't a lot to go on.  Please help.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:06:47 AM EDT
[#1]
"PATRIOTS: Surviving the Coming Collapse"
by John Wesley Rawls

An Excellent read!!!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:07:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I think I know what yr talking about.  A friend of mine e-mailed the test of this book to me - it really changed his life (pre-2K) - I never really got into it - but the title escapes me.

Try posting this in the Survival forum?

ETA:  Ah...Patriots!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:09:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Patriots, by "John Wesley, Rawles" (he places the comma that way).

The book was eventually published and so the "shareware" copies were mostly removed from the web, but some are still around.

Offical website is here: www.rawles.to/patriots.htm

A copyis here:  <edited, that one's not working either> I'll keep looking, I know that there was still a draft copy around a few months ago.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:10:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
by John Wesley Rawls

An Excellent read!!!!

... reading this book should be a prerequisite for becoming an ARFCOM board member
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:11:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
by John Wesley Rawls

An Excellent read!!!!

... reading this book should be a prerequisite for become an ARFCOM board member

AMEN!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:11:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally published on line as "The Gray Nineties", it was a shareware book.
Now only available as printed, www.rawles.to/patriots.htm check it out!
Buy the book, it's updated from the Gray Nineties and expanded.

edit-Damn boresighted beat me!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:52:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Thank you all for the help.  

I have ordered it and am anxiously waiting its arrival.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top