Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2009 8:51:19 PM EDT
The best I can figure out is you take someone to the Bear Pit to have it out by talking about them in the Bear Pit. From what I have gathered most of the people talked about in the Bear Pit have no idea they are being discussed in the Bear pit or even know about the Bear Pit. As far I can can figure there is no mechanism or "Warrant" for anyone to appear in the Bear Pit so it just seems like a bitch fest to a brick wall because the guy you are talking about usually has no idea that you have a problem with him or that you even exist. I am somewhat new here. Am I missing something or am I pretty accurate?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:53:29 PM EDT
[#1]
The Troll List is useful. But the Pit as a whole has been REALLY slow. That sucks b/c its the best part of the site.

ALOT of crying and bitching has replaced the anger and pissed off posts though. Less funny and more pathetic.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:53:40 PM EDT
[#2]

You go there to eat?

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:55:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:55:06 PM EDT
[#4]
If people develop beefs against each other, they can have it out there instead of trolling in and disrupting threads in GD that have nothing to do with their vendetta.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:55:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Two Men Enter, One Man Leaves.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:57:09 PM EDT
[#6]
From the horses mouth!

Bearpit

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:58:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Two Men Enter, One Man Leaves.

Used to be that way. Now people just bitch for 8 page then the thread dies. The "trial by combat" never happens anymore. The only bans come from one person getting the other to break the Pit COC.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:00:01 PM EDT
[#9]
OP, ask this same question IN the bear pit and we'll give you more accurate answers.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:01:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If people develop beefs against each other, they can have it out there instead of trolling in and disrupting threads in GD that have nothing to do with their vendetta.

I am understanding that but what seems to be missing is a some type of notification that one member has a problem with another member. There does not seem to be a "Let's finish this in the Bear Pit (let's take it outside)"  Process. The Bear Pit appears to be one guy having a hissy fit and the other guy doesn't even notice because nobody told him.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:01:29 PM EDT
[#11]
you are to send an e-mail or pm to the person with a link to the thread you started calling them out

the pit members watch the thread, toss in their two pennies and it is done.  if you go there just to be an ass, you could be banned..IIRC.

I challenged a member to justify something he said in gd...he wimped out and didnt.  i dropped it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:03:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Internet drama

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:04:55 PM EDT
[#13]
it like reality tv i guess. either way, its not as satisfying as actually ''taking it outside''.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:06:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
OP, ask this same question IN the bear pit and we'll give you more accurate answers.

Wrong answer. Somebody asked that question in the pit already. It was locked due to incorrect venue. Try again boy.

Similar ?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:19:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I've never seen a point, and the troll list is pretty retarded too.  Maybe 5% of the people listed in there are actually here for the purpose of trolling.  The rest happen to have different opinions and because of that, are presto-whamo considered trolls.  Sure they may be idiots, they may be wrong...but they aren't generally trolls.  If you wish to call them that, we need to expand the definition of troll.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top