Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/23/2002 5:58:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:03:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:04:05 PM EDT
When John Travolta stabs Uma Thurman in the heart with a cardiac needle in "Pulp Fiction"
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:06:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:07:33 PM EDT
Either the begging scene of Saving Privater Ryan or the scene where the one guy gets the knife slowely pushed into his chest
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:07:51 PM EDT
The running street battle towards the end of the movie "HEAT" after they get caught robbing the bank and try to escape. Real intense sh*t!!!!
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:08:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:17:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Aimless: The beach landing in the beginning of "Saving Private Ryan." or the scene at the end in the cemetary
View Quote
Yes. The ending in particular. While standing over the grave of Captain Miller, Pvt. Ryan looks to his wife and says:(with tears in his eyes) "Tell me I've been a good man." [>(]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:18:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:31:57 PM EDT
What about that scene in "Benji" when you think the bad guys are going to get the little dog, but he gets away at the last minute......man that was some heavy shit.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:38:48 PM EDT
The shoot out from HEAT is good The ending of SEVEN is good Several scenes from Black Hawk Down that got to me pretty good A couple of scenes from COURAGE UNDER FIRE The YOUNG GUNS scene where Billy The Kid gets tossed out the window in the trunk and comes out shooting always gets me riled up and then the scene where they are trapped in the old house thing and Doc is wounded and tells Billy "Lets finish the game"
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:40:48 PM EDT
As far as intensity, "Saving Private Ryan" is hard to beat - especially the Omaha Beach scene. Any number of scenes in "Band Of Brothers" comes to mind as well. For me, it was then-Lieutenant Ron Speirs running through a town filled with Germans shooting at him, then him running back. It's even more moving when you remind yourself that it actually happened.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:42:48 PM EDT
"Zombie" where the chick gets her eye impaled on a splinter... "Ahhh, noooooo!"
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:12:23 PM EDT
The "Nobody ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" speech at the beginning of [u]Patton[/u]. That was the last movie I saw with my father, and he said George C. Scott nailed the part. The dialog between Patton and his wife in [u]Last Days of Patton[/u] in the Heidelberg Army hospital is a close second.z
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:27:17 PM EDT
When the medic and Eversman had their hands in the leg wound, trying to save the bleeding-out Ranger in "Blackhawk Down." When MacArthur, just returned to Luzon, visits the hospital filled with survivors of the Bataan Death March and finds the young Filipino soldier who had gone down to the dock to see him off when he was evacuated to Australia in "MacArthur." The "Band of Brothers" speech in Kenneth Branagh's "Henry V."
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:55:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:59:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 8:08:01 PM EDT
For me it wasn't a movie. Yesterday I was browsing the university library in the Firearms and Gun Control section, and I stumbled upon a book called "Homicide Investigation". It had been written in the 50's and apparently was never intended to be a public thing. Saw a black and white photo of a boy, probably 10 yrs old, who had been killed by repeated axe blows to the face. I really could have gone without seeing that. Even the most graphic movie can't compare to looking at something that you KNOW is real. Only worse thing has got to be being there in person. Hopefully I'll never have to find out.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 8:14:06 PM EDT
I've my fair share of f***** s***, but what I got pretty shook up at the Police Academy with the 80 or so slides on ghild abuse............
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 8:14:12 PM EDT
Beach landing scene in Saving Private Ryan, The death camp scene in The Big Red One.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 8:16:51 PM EDT
The gangbang scene in Gangbang 32 with that chick Kacey. Got me riveted to my seat. The most intense scene in a movie if you ask me.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 8:18:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ilikelegs: The movie " And I Spit on Your Grave" "B" movie where a girl gets back at one of her rapist's and cuts his family jewel off. Ouch! It hurt to watch. [shock]
View Quote
Yup that scene in the bathtub where she gets a big ole knife. Grabs his Mr Happy and does a Lorena Bobbit on it is pretty hair raising.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 8:44:55 PM EDT
I would definitely have to say in the movie "Blackhawk Down" when Delta Sgts Shaggar and Gordon heroically attempted to protect Super 64 pilot Michael Duran from the attacking Somalis. That got me to the edge of my seat. They definitely earn the medal of honor. They are my new role models. Even though they are US Army, they fit with with the Marine Corps. values: honor, courage, commitment. Would like to have more people like them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 9:18:28 PM EDT
Deliverance, you know the scene.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 9:48:34 PM EDT
Reservoir Dogs. The scene where Micheal Madson cuts off that cops ear an then starts talkin into it. I laughed but it was nervous laughter, pretty intense.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 9:51:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 10:01:24 PM EDT
Dogs was one messed up movie. But most intense for me was still Texas Chainsaw where the chick awakens tied to a chair (a chair with decomposing human arms for arms) at the table and starts crying and the family starts to mock her. Seriously disturbing.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 10:03:27 PM EDT
Duly noted: * Saving Private Ryan - Normandy landing * Deliverance - Ned gets it * Deer Hunter - Russian Roulette VC hut Not listed yet: * Silence of the Lambs - night vision goggles climax
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 10:04:51 PM EDT
And Pulp Fiction - Bruce Willis Samurai Sword scene.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 10:12:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/23/2002 10:14:14 PM EDT by 71-Hour_Achmed]
Several scenes from Black Hawk Down. Most of the movie, basically. . . . The fight scene in "They Live". The combat scenes in "Dr. Strangelove, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Bomb". The "death of Spock" scene in "STII: Th Wrath of Khan". Also (not a movie, much better!), the "death of Lord Riefa" scene in Babylon 5 gets high marks in my book.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 10:30:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Maynard:
Originally Posted By Snorkel_Bob: Either the begging scene of Saving Privater Ryan or the scene where the one guy gets the knife slowely pushed into his chest
View Quote
The latter does it for me. That was one of the most disturbing scenes I have ever witnessed. It would be fairly easy to shoot a man but to push a knife slowly through his chest.....
View Quote
That scene ranks way up there. One that bothered me for awhile was the sccene in "Pet Sematary" when the boy ran out in front of the truck.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 10:46:00 PM EDT
If you have not seen the movie American History X, then rent it. When Ed Norton makes the black guy open his mouth and put his teeth on the curb, then he crushes his skull with his boot.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 10:55:42 PM EDT
... The dynamics of the ultimate dysfunctional family that came out in the dinner scene argument in the original "[b]Texas Chainsaw Massacre[/b]". ... When John Travolta stabs Uma Thurman in the heart with a cardiac needle in "[b]Pulp Fiction[/b]" is a very close second (thxs SS109)
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 10:58:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 12:14:11 AM EDT
The "Nobody move or the gets it" scene from "Blazing Saddles". "Stay back! He's crazy enough to do it!" Scott
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 12:24:36 AM EDT
The blue flamers scene in "The Joy of Sex"
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 12:31:07 AM EDT
The ending of The Tigger Movie
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 2:53:21 AM EDT
Return of the Jedi when Luke demonstrates to everyone that he has the whole Jedi thing down. He jumps off the plank, lands on the little ship, catches his lightsaber and gives a little grin before he commences to go Old School Jedi on Jabba's guys. I like that one.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 4:02:18 AM EDT
Linda Lovelace in "Deep Throat"....I was in college then.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 5:27:24 AM EDT
The ending of "What's Opera, Doc?" when Elmer is carrying an apparently lifeless Bugs away. I had hot tears of grief streaming down my face until Bugs opened his eyes and said "What did you expect in opera, a happy ending?"
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 5:40:51 AM EDT
High School faculty meeting. Officer showed us countless slides of graphic child sexual abuse images taken after the abuse had occurred. Medical photos documenting damage to children's genitals. Others showing wounds from physical abuse. Sick, disgusting and pointless. People got up and walked out. To this day I still don't know why he showed us all the images. He was trying to convey to use the seriousness of child sexual/physical abuse, I suppose. One or two images might have been sufficient to make the point, but this genius had about 150 slides. Ad nauseum. I think he got a kick out of repulsing his audience. Made him more of a 'man' since he could stomach the trauma, and the women and men who were not jaded/cynical/conditioned to the images could not. Seriously disturbing individual. TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 6:22:27 AM EDT
The subway shootout scene in The Untouchables, and the end of Full Metal Jacket when Pvt Joker shoots the sniper.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 6:55:16 AM EDT
The bayonet scene in Saving Private Ryan was excrutiating to watch The landing on Omaha Beach was real rough, so was the final cemetary scene. 84 Charlie Mopic, the whole damned thing was extraordinarily difficult to watch. The gunfight in Heat was extraordinary. Much of Blackhawk Down was incredible.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 6:59:04 AM EDT
Omaha Beach at the beginning of Saving Private Ryan. Scared the bejeebus out of me. Makes me feel fortunate that I was not it such a bloody conflict, even though I dknow I would gladly fight for my country.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 7:00:16 AM EDT
Not a blood, guts and gore movie, but intense in a different way. The final scene of DeNiro in Bang The Drum Slowly.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 7:08:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 7:09:38 AM EDT
SPR the end scene brought a tear, but i still thinkg is was a bit too sappy/planned tearjerker finish of a good movie.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 1:22:17 PM EDT
Night of the Lepus. It's on Turner the commie South right now. The whole movie personifies intense. Good thing I'm watching it in the daytime!
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 1:57:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/24/2002 1:59:24 PM EDT by Tuukka]
Originally Posted By LCPL556: I would definitely have to say in the movie "Blackhawk Down" when Delta Sgts Shaggar and Gordon heroically attempted to protect Super 64 pilot Michael Duran from the attacking Somalis. That got me to the edge of my seat. They definitely earn the medal of honor. They are my new role models. Even though they are US Army, they fit with with the Marine Corps. values: honor, courage, commitment. Would like to have more people like them.
View Quote
The name is [b]Shughart[/b], get it right. Oh, and another thing, its Duran[b]t[/b].
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 2:21:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By VA-gunnut: I want to be the first one to say the fire fight from HEAT.
View Quote
Beat you to it by 56 seconds..[:D][:D][:D]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 2:35:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/24/2002 2:37:27 PM EDT by Uhlek]
The [b]"Legends of the Fall"[/b] scene where you watched the Germans set up a machinegun just to shoot the brother who was blinded by the Mustard Gas and tangled up in the barbed wire. Got me so fucking pissed off. The last scene in [b]"Best of the Best"[/b] when the Asian guy walks across the floor and apologizes to the young American Asian guy for killing his brother, and gives him the medal. Gives me tears everytime. In [b]"Red Dawn"[/b] when he has to shoot his highschool buddy, because he's got a bug inside him. Tore me up sometin' awful. EDITED BEKAUS I CANT SPEL RITE
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top