Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2006 5:39:11 AM EDT

I've got some sort of bite on my (face) cheek, and it isn't swollen or bad looking or anything, but it is constantly leaking some sort of clear fluid.  I wipe my (face) cheek every ten minutes or so and get a couple of drops on my finger.  If I don't wipe it the stuff dries into some kind of yellowish crystallized scab.

Kind of gross.  What is it?

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:41:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Plasma
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:42:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Genetic Mutagen.  You are going to be a half-alien half human hybrid slave, for the oncoming invasion of earth.

It has begun.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:44:21 AM EDT
[#3]
The insect that bit you released a parasite under your skin. That parasite is secreting the clear fluid, which is a numbing agent that deadens the nerves so that you don't feel it as the parasite eats you from within.

ETA: good luck, you might want to start saying your goodbyes, especially to your mom.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:44:30 AM EDT
[#4]
syphilis
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:44:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Interstitial fluid I believe.  Plasma is a component of blood.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:47:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Polyunsaturated fat.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:50:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Essence...YOUR essence!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:52:36 AM EDT
[#8]
All the answers are here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lymph
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:54:10 AM EDT
[#9]
It's your MOJO oozing away. Soon you'll be a metrosexual girlie man.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:55:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
syphilis

If your dick is dripping, I say it's a good sign.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:02:26 AM EDT
[#11]
White blood cells.... aka Pus.  A very specific kind.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pus

Neutrophils are the most abundant type of leukocyte in human blood, for anywhere from 40% to 75% of leukocytes.

This is your body - flushing the area with the immune response.  It is a good thing.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:18:33 AM EDT
[#12]
This place cracks me up!

What is it?

Genetic Mutagen

parasite eats you from within

syphilis

Polyunsaturated fat.

Essence...YOUR essence!

It's your MOJO oozing away

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:49:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The insect that bit you released a parasite under your skin. That parasite is secreting the clear fluid, which is a numbing agent that deadens the nerves so that you don't feel it as the parasite eats you from within.

That's correct, it is the numbing agent secreted by the bot fly larve, you were bit by a mosquito that deposited the larve on your skin, when you scratched it, you provided an opening for the larve to enter. Google bot fly and you'll find all the info that you need.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:53:10 AM EDT
[#14]
It's been nice knowing you!

Now, send me your guns before you die or mutate.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:01:33 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Screw you, my coffin is going to look like Sarah Connor's in Terminator 3.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:09:02 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Screw you, my coffin is going to look like Sarah Connor's in Terminator 3.

Well, at least we know it hasn't effected his mind yet.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:10:11 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's correct, it is the numbing agent secreted by the bot fly larve, you were bit by a mosquito that deposited the larve on your skin, when you scratched it, you provided an opening for the larve to enter. Google bot fly and you'll find all the info that you need.

Why did you have to put that.  I did Google it and now I'm all creeped out.  Those things are freaking disgusing.  And the site I checked out had some case studies.  One dude had two in his scrotum.  Makes me cringe to think about that.  Plastic lined Kevlar boxers with edges taped to skin for any travel to the tropics.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:13:09 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Genetic Mutagen.  You are going to be a half-alien half human hybrid slave, for the oncoming invasion of earth.

It has begun.

anything.ws/xfiles/pilot/pilot471.jpg

www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~susan/sf/tv/xfiles/xm.jpg

I, for one, would like to welcome AvengeRFly.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:16:23 AM EDT
[#19]
bug pee
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:24:36 AM EDT
[#20]
AIDS.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:29:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Bug sperm. You now be a Bugbitch...

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:58:57 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why did you have to put that.  I did Google it and now I'm all creeped out.  Those things are freaking disgusing.  And the site I checked out had some case studies.  One dude had two in his scrotum.  Makes me cringe to think about that.  Plastic lined Kevlar boxers with edges taped to skin for any travel to the tropics.

Did you find the pictures of the one they dug out of the kids eyelid? Hey, while your googling around and grossing yourself out, google up "sootikin".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top