Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2005 10:01:57 AM EDT
I live in Arizona and am looking to get some tan BDUs to use as cargo pants and for SHTF.

What is the best BDU Poly/Cotton blend for pants?

65%Poly 35%Cotton?

50%Poly 50%Cotton?

35%Poly 65%Cotton

Other combonations?

What will keep you coolest, but still have a good ripstop and tactical uses?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:43:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Bueller?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:27:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the 50-50 blend, personal preference.  I believe the original 3 color deserts were 50-50 and lacked the extra layer of material in the seat and knees.  The originals were the most comfortable, IMO.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:59:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Since it's a BDU thread, who makes the best quality BDUs?  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:59:30 PM EDT
[#4]
listen to me

POLY/COTTON IS NOT USED BY THE ANYONE IN THE MILITARY!

WE USE NYLON/COTON "NYCO"  whew, glad that is off my shoulders.

You want 50/50 NYCO and you want ripstop, no heavyweight bdu's, as they are not warm in winter, but are HOT as crap in summer, summerweights are hot enough.

The new ACU system gets rid of the "winter" non-ripstop bdu's altoghter, everything is ripstop.

please heed my advice
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:09:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
listen to me

POLY/COTTON IS NOT USED BY THE ANYONE IN THE MILITARY!

WE USE NYLON/COTON "NYCO"  whew, glad that is off my shoulders.

You want 50/50 NYCO and you want ripstop, no heavyweight bdu's, as they are not warm in winter, but are HOT as crap in summer, summerweights are hot enough.

The new ACU system gets rid of the "winter" non-ripstop bdu's altoghter, everything is ripstop.

please heed my advice

Any recomendations on suppliers?  website?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:41:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Propper makes good quality BDU's.

www.anchortex.com/propper.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top