Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/1/2015 8:23:56 PM EDT
An old neighbor of mine from California who retired and moved to Oregon, was telling me earlier that her neighbor admitted to smoking between a half a pound to a pound of marijuana a month. She asked me, "is that a lot?" I haven't got a clue , I sort of think it is...but WTF do I know. I would ask my brother, but I stopped talking to him like a decade ago...and I am sure he would be too high to pick up the phone at this time of day. So I thought I would ask the hive? Anyone here have an answer, because honestly, I got no clue.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:25:22 PM EDT
87 pot needles full
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:26:37 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By smb980:
87 pot needles full
View Quote

Some of you really believe in pot needles don't you
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:27:07 PM EDT
Yes, it's quite excessive.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:27:08 PM EDT
The real answer is until they use all their money and run out of stuff to pawn.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:27:33 PM EDT
87 pot needles full
View Quote

I was think like 87 cases of twinkies if those numbers are right, but I have zero experience with drugs.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:28:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/1/2015 8:28:41 PM EDT by dirtyboy]
At $300 an ounce, that is an expensive addiction.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:28:13 PM EDT
5 lbs per person
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:28:35 PM EDT
There's no way to know an average, but there ain't nobody smoking a pound
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:30:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By floater33:
View Quote

I thought the numbers sounded outlandish, but like I said, I have no experience with drugs to judge the numbers.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:30:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By tango1978:
View Quote

Then those fucking dope heads start stealing ashtray change to feed their devil addiction.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:31:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Accidental:

Then those fucking dope heads start stealing ashtray change to feed their devil addiction.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Accidental:

I heard you become addicted for life upon your first inhalation.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:32:07 PM EDT
500cc's
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:32:40 PM EDT
A pound is an awful lot of pot to smoke in a month.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:33:11 PM EDT
Maybe a half ounce to an ounce?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:36:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/1/2015 8:44:04 PM EDT by lostnswv]
Originally Posted By dirtyboy:
At $300 an ounce, that is an expensive addiction.
View Quote

I imagine that either he is growing it or is good friends with someone who is. I had already googled the costs per ounce and I knew the cost was staggering for a habit he was claiming.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:38:00 PM EDT
I know someone who smokes a lot with a medical card. Claims to use just shy of half an oz per month.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:39:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By lostnswv:

I thought the numbers sounded outlandish, but like I said, I have no experience with drugs to judge the numbers.
View All Quotes

You'd have to smoke more than half an ounce a day to smoke that much. To put it in perspective, a pack of cigarettes has somewhere between .5 and .75 ounces of tobacco.

It takes me four months to smoke a pound of pipe tobacco, and I waste a lot.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:39:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/1/2015 8:41:56 PM EDT by gribble]
That's like asking how much beer the average person consumes in a month. Even if you manage to find an answer, it's not really indicative of anything, because the amount consumed by each person varies wildly. Some users will share a joint every couple of months (just like some people will drink a single beer every couple of months) and some will consume an ounce every day (just like some people will down a case of beer or a bottle of whiskey every day).

Just like alcohol (and even income) median is probably the most useful measurement to use because the high extreme will throw off the average to where it's in no way indicative of the typical user, which is what actually matters.

I have no idea what the median (or even the average) consumption of pot smokers is.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:41:24 PM EDT
Street price for a pound of Mexican Schwag is $500-$700. If they're using it to cook and eat pot laced food it is easily doable.

I am not a drug user for the record. I used to work in substance abuse treatment for the state government.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:42:35 PM EDT
You'd be a pretty heavy user (smoking multiple times per day) if you finished off 1 oz. in a month. Nothing off the scales, but certainly more than "recreational".

Smoking 16x that amount (1 lb) in a month? That like 1 oz (a pretty big bag of weed) every 2 days!

RF
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:42:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:42:42 PM EDT
If it's dirt weed it goes by fast, so half a pound isn't crazy. And it wouldn't be crazy expensive.

If someone is smoking a half pound of good shit they are going to be catatonic and broke.

-p.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:43:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/1/2015 8:43:24 PM EDT by pdm]
No idea. I don't hang out with people that smoke dope.

"Drugs are counter productive and counter revolutionary" Stokely Charmicael, Black Panther
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:44:16 PM EDT
Curious so had to google it. My highly unscientific finding say 5-6 grams a day is considered a heavy user. So using 5g/day, that equates to a little over 5oz a month. So over a quarter ounce a month if you put in the effort.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:44:40 PM EDT

View All Quotes
87 pot needles full

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:45:05 PM EDT
Back in the day. I would smoke about two ounces a month. It was cheaper then and I did alot of other bad things. Those days are long behind me now and my head is straight.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:45:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Paul:
At $20 to $40 a gram ... 453 grams in a pound $9,000 to $18,000 a month is one hell of a habit.
View Quote

Where the hell are you getting your pot.....those prices are way way off. Not that anyone would know about such a thing
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:45:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By jlphoy:
A pound is an awful lot of pot to smoke in a month.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote
Not if it's dirt weed.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:46:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BrowardMason:
Street price for a pound of Mexican Schwag is $500-$700. If they're using it to cook and eat pot laced food it is easily doable.

I am not a drug user for the record. I used to work in substance abuse treatment for the state government.
View Quote
That's the dealer price. It goes for $100-150/oz at the street level.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:46:23 PM EDT
The answer depends on the amount of THC in the pot.

Pot from the 1970s might require a pound a month to sustain a reasonable high.
Pot from the modern era might take 1 Oz per year for the same sustenance.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:46:41 PM EDT
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck...?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:47:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/1/2015 8:56:59 PM EDT by lostnswv]
Originally Posted By PhuzzyGnu:
If it's dirt weed it goes by fast, so half a pound isn't crazy. And it wouldn't be crazy expensive.

If someone is smoking a half pound of good shit they are going to be catatonic and broke.

-p.
View Quote

According to the guy's wife she had to rescue him from the tub a couple of months ago, and she found him face down in the cheerios last September.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:47:59 PM EDT
If you smoked a half lb of tweed every month...

You wouldnt't be doing much else.

I know sucessful people that smoke ( vape ) the equivalent of an oz a month.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:48:44 PM EDT
A half pound a month is within reason for a heavy and experienced smoker with absolutely NOTHING else to do. To make a comparison, they will be smoking like an acloholic drinks.

A quarter pound a month is fully within reason with an expeienced smoker and a full time job, but no other hobbies.

A pound a month is just insane. This is junky territority. Or he is sharing his stash. I'd bet on him sharing. He might have been smoking dirt weed.

It all depends on the quality of the stuff, and their tolerance. Someone could smoke an ounce or two a week and appear normal if they are smoking junk. Someone could smoke a fraction of that and get to the same mental point. Quality changes everything. At some point, they are wasting money and chasing dragons. There is a cut off to how high you can get before you just fall asleep. Just like alcohol, except you don't have overdoses looming around the corner.

Was he smoking with someone else? Just like beer, things disappear fast when you share. This is a big factor.

It's been a long time since high school, but I still remember a little bit.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:49:46 PM EDT
At $20 to $40 a gram ... 453 grams in a pound $9,000 to $18,000 a month is one hell of a habit.
View Quote

Clearly you are not a golfer.

LOL
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:50:14 PM EDT
Half an oz
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:50:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Max_Power:
Maybe a half ounce to an ounce?
View Quote

Seems like a legitimate answer.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:51:01 PM EDT
Less is more..unless you're severely addicted..
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:52:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TacoJon:

View Quote

The guy is medically retired due to a stroke and no longer has a license to drive. He is like 53 years old or something.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:53:21 PM EDT
She would be drooling and fairly witless by the end of the month...
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:53:22 PM EDT
Maybe the "old time" variety, with steeds and sems, I doubt you could smoke a pound/mo. of the "new and improved" unless you were in a lot of pain. Im not sure cannabis relieves pain, maybe migraines.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:58:06 PM EDT
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:01:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MitchAlsup:
The answer depends on the amount of THC in the pot.

Pot from the 1970s might require a pound a month to sustain a reasonable high.
Pot from the modern era might take 1 Oz per year for the same sustenance.
View Quote
Not all pot is the same, not all growing conditions are the same, even if the pot is.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:03:03 PM EDT
View Quote

Must be a DEA/narcotics agent.

"After a thorough search, we found this bag of marijuana in the suspect's car. We estimate it's street value at $87 trillion."
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:04:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/1/2015 9:06:21 PM EDT by Udder_Catastrophe]

The guy is medically retired due to a stroke and no longer has a license to drive. He is like 53 years old or something.
View All Quotes

It's definately possible then, assuming he is smoking low quality stuff. The good stuff would put him in a stoner wonderland at those levels. He would be at the point where he drools all over the place, while sitting stationary.

As far as the cost goes, many old hands divide up the cost. Buy in bulk, then sell some off to your friends. Depending on the economics, you can smoke for free if you do it right. Groups of friends will trade off the buyer and seller role over time. Everyone comes out farily equal. Everybody wins at some point, then they lose at some point. If you have a good group, it all evens out. It's all about loyalty and cost over time.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:05:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:05:54 PM EDT
I had an employee several years ago who smoked about an ounce a day; so, well over a pound a month. He was punctual and did the job, eh...
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:05:59 PM EDT
With some Californians right now.

They buy it by the quarter-ounce or half ounce, and would consume a half ounce or full ounce a month; this is people with regular jobs, who wind down the end of their day a little different than the Scotch/Whiskey/etc crew.

Over an ounce per month is a heavy user; smokes before/during work, etc.

To smoke a pound a month you would have to smoke a half an ounce a day, or roll 14 1 gram joints (which would apparently be large ones) and smoke one every hour that you're awake, allowing 10 hours for sleep and hygeine.

You would lose interest quickly, I think most people if forced into that regimen would learn to HATE weed.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:11:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/1/2015 9:15:39 PM EDT by Imissed]
Street price for mids used to be around $50 an ounce for me. Though, highs were ~80.
He was cheaper then most everyone else.

Didn't do drugs then, had a winter where I'd broken my tooth and everyone and their brother would offer me weed when I was smoking a cigarette and walking.

Past is past, have tried the devil weed in HS, and that's a shit ton of weed if it isn't skunk grade stuff.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:12:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/1/2015 9:16:07 PM EDT by lostnswv]
Originally Posted By Udder_Catastrophe:

It's definately possible then, assuming he is smoking low quality stuff. The good stuff would put him in a stoner wonderland at those levels. He would be at the point where he drools all over the place, while sitting stationary.

As far as the cost goes, many old hands divide up the cost. Buy in bulk, then sell some off to your friends. Depending on the economics, you can smoke for free if you do it right. Groups of friends will trade off the buyer and seller role over time. Everyone comes out farily equal. Everybody wins at some point, then they lose at some point. If you have a good group, it all evens out. It's all about loyalty and cost over time.

Thankfully those days are behind me. I was young once.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Udder_Catastrophe:

Thankfully those days are behind me. I was young once.

My old neighbor was astonished by the guy, she has lived next to him for almost two years and never seen him sober. She could not figure out if the amount he had claimed to be using was a lot. I thought it sounded like a lot, but then again I got a cousin who is in a similar condition with alcohol and the amount of whiskey, beer, and spiced rum he can drink if he gets the chance is stupid. Whether that translates well or not I not know.

Thanks hive for the answers.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top