Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2007 12:23:03 PM EDT
What is the Handgun Used by Tom Cruise in Collateral?
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 12:24:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

HK USP I believe.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 12:24:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HK USP I believe.

I believe you are correct.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 12:25:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Ruger Mark II also (suppressed)
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 12:26:13 PM EDT
[#4]
jesus, i hope this doesn't become the new "what gun did Al Pacino use in Heat" arfcom phrase.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 12:27:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought that the one that he used for the hits looked like a MkII Ruger w/sound supressor.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#6]
He used both a HK USP and a Ruger Mk II with integrated suppressor.  He used the Ruger to kill the nightclub owner, and the HK to kill the homies who stole his briefcase.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 12:29:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I thought that the one that he used for the hits looked like a MkII Ruger w/sound supressor.

Ah, you may be right, I forgot about that one.  Is that a .22?  It was sure quiet.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 12:30:39 PM EDT
[#8]
He said it himself, he didn't kill them. The bullets (and the fall) killed them.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 12:31:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Speaking of the gun used my Al Pacino in Heat, does anyone have the link for the original thread/threads?
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 12:32:00 PM EDT
[#10]
There was also a smith and wesson auto used in the last hit...he stole it from the security guard
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 12:32:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Speaking of the gun used my Al Pacino in Heat, does anyone have the link for the original thread/threads?

Link Posted: 1/3/2007 12:34:33 PM EDT
[#12]
How many rounds did he fire from the USP.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#13]
More Useful Tips from Warren
If problems persist, sing Ave Maria quietly to yourself in Latin, contact your doctor for a course of Prozac and sell the gun.

Link Posted: 1/3/2007 12:37:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HK USP I believe.

It was obviously a USP.  But was it a 9mm, 40, or 45?
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 12:50:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HK USP I believe.

It was obviously a USP.  But was it a 9mm, 40, or 45?

obviously a 9mm would never have put his targets down decisively.

not sure he's professional enough for the 40.

therefore, it was a 45
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 12:53:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Pretty sure the DVD extra said it was a USP in 45 caliber.
There's footage of him training at a police range, I'm pretty sure he gets about 12 rounds in between reloads.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 12:55:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 12:58:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I just watched it last week, he fired 16 rounds in the club scene and then reloaded, which would be just right if he were carrying a FS USP 9, 15 + 1 capacity.

ETA: Nevermind, he fires more than 16 rounds, I tried to do it in one pass last week, but this clip allows you to count how many shots fired, I count at least 18, maybe more. So I guess there's a little "movie magic" at work in this scene.

Shooting starts shortly after the 4:00 mark
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 1:07:29 PM EDT
[#19]
I think it was a blank gun.

Danny
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just watched it last week, he fired 16 rounds in the club scene and then reloaded, which would be just right if he were carrying a FS USP 9, 15 + 1 capacity.

ETA: Nevermind, he fires more than 16 rounds, I tried to do it in one pass last week, but this clip allows you to count how many shots fired, I count at least 18, maybe more. So I guess there's a little "movie magic" at work in this scene.

Not necessarily movie magic...my USP 9f has a jet funnel and uses 18 rnd mags...
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 1:41:36 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
He used both a HK USP and a Ruger Mk II with integrated suppressor.  He used the Ruger to kill the nightclub owner, and the HK to kill the homies who stole his briefcase.

And the Smith, but he stole that one at the end.

ETA, Foster already beat me to it.

Link Posted: 1/3/2007 1:52:12 PM EDT
[#22]
I still don't know what gun was used in Heat, but I'm afraid to ask because of the obvious trolling it would inspire.

If someone has the answer, I'd actually like to know.

Link Posted: 1/3/2007 1:57:18 PM EDT
[#23]
H&K USP .45 auto, Ruger suppressed .22 MK-II and the stolen Smith&Wesson 5906 9mm.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Here's the Ruger, and he's holding it ont he DVD Cover.

Link Posted: 1/3/2007 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Online%20Pics/donetodeath.jpg

I do believe that is the funniest thing I have ever seen on the internet!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 2:33:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Is Collateral a good movie?  Wallyworld has it on discount.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 2:36:02 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Is Collateral a good movie?  Wallyworld has it on discount.

Yes, go buy.
And watch the scene with the two thugs over and over again.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 2:48:13 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I still don't know what gun was used in Heat, but I'm afraid to ask because of the obvious trolling it would inspire.

If someone has the answer, I'd actually like to know.

FN FNC

www.remtek.com/arms/fn/fnc/index.htm

Link Posted: 1/3/2007 2:52:40 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not necessarily movie magic...my USP 9f has a jet funnel and uses 18 rnd mags...

Well it has been stated by the producers/in dvd that it was a USP 45 so 12+1.  Its possible that he did a tac reload when the camera wasn't on him, yet it seems he only has on his person is a holster and a single mag carrier on his waste.

So were his extra mags in his briefcase (yo hommie)?  Maybe thats another reason he was pissed when dude chucked it into the freeway?
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well it has been stated by the producers/in dvd that it was a USP 45 so 12+1.  Its possible that he did a tac reload when the camera wasn't on him, yet it seems he only has on his person is a holster and a single mag carrier on his waste.

So were his extra mags in his briefcase (yo hommie)?  Maybe thats another reason he was pissed when dude chucked it into the freeway?

Well, he fires 4 rounds then he is disarmed, then reaquires his weapon and fires approximately 14 more rounds, then we see him reload. It's possible that he reloaded before the disarm, but even then he fires too many rounds to be a .45. Also, it does not look like he has a jet funnel on his USP.

We'll just have to take the DVD's word for it that it's a .45 I guess.

It's not a big deal, you'd be hard pressed to find a movie involving firearms that doesn't have little continuity problems here and there, on the overall the gunplay in collateral is head and shoulders above most movies, still well worth watching.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top