Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2004 9:29:40 PM EDT
Im sorry to show my ignorrance here but their is a ost about Kerry shutting down the CMP?????
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#1]
The CMP is a gift from God! Where else can you buy a Garand and have it shipped to your door from Anniston Army Depot?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:35:30 PM EDT
[#2]
CMP
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:37:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Im sorry to show my ignorrance here but their is a ost about Kerry shutting down the CMP?????

Civilian Marksmanship Program which, among other things allows you to purchase an M1 Garand for as low as $295.

www.odcmp.com/Services/Rifles/sales.htm
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:43:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP)
The Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) promotes firearms safety training and rifle practice for all qualified U.S. citizens with special emphasis on youth.

The CMP operates through a network of affiliated shooting clubs and associations that covers every state in the US. The clubs and associations offer firearms safety training and marksmanship courses.
===============================================================
The CMP is the result of Bill Clinton trying to shut down it's predessor the DCM(Division of Civilian Marksmanship) which was a division of the US Army. Chuck Schumer and the rest of the anti-gunners tried to shut down the DCM, but thru the NRA and the ID Senator Larry Craig, it got privatized and the CMP was the result.

When it was called the DCM, it took approximately 1 year to get a M1 Garand, and in its priviatized CMP, it only 1-2 months to get an M1 Garand. Thank you Chuck Schumer and the rest of the anti-gunners.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:43:51 PM EDT
[#5]
CMP was a Federal operation that for decades provided low-cost surplus arms and instruction to US civilians.
Under attack for many years by gun-hating Liberals.
As a forced compromise to it's intended dissolution, the Clinton Admin was forced to only privatize the operation.
The current 'CMP' was formed to take possession of the surplused firearms, to prevent their destruction by the Democrats / liberal fucktards in FedGov.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:58:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Another American Heritage being slowly killed by liberals. It used to be the CMP before boot camp to ready young soldiers, and then after service to keep the civilian militia sharp.

If Skerry wins it'll be a "kinder and gentler" military with a fag in every pup tent, and Birkenstocks for field commanders....
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:04:19 PM EDT
[#7]
How do I get involved and what rifles qualify???  The range I went to Caddo Rifle and Pistol Club/ Clarks had a service rifle competition is this it?  How do I attain a low cost rifle?  I am in NorthWest Louisiana if it helps.  

Any help appreciated,

Matt
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:37:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How do I get involved and what rifles qualify???  The range I went to Caddo Rifle and Pistol Club/ Clarks had a service rifle competition is this it?  How do I attain a low cost rifle?  I am in NorthWest Louisiana if it helps.  

Any help appreciated,

Matt

Just follow the links in red posted above. It's all there, and very easy. And on several C&R / battle rifle boards, reports are that the wait period is currently running as little as a two weeks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:41:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any help appreciated,

Matt

Just follow the links in red posted above. It's all there, and very easy. And on several C&R / battle rifle boards, reports are that the wait period is currently running as little as a two weeks.

I got my M1 Garand in 6 days.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:03:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Its the government redistributing military arms to the civilian population for a reasonable fee, $500ish per rifle.

If you're a gunnie, its the greatest thing since sliced bread.
If you're a gun grabber, its your worst nightmare.  

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:17:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top