Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/30/2004 2:27:01 PM EDT
I am currently working out with weights every day for about 45 minunts.  I am currently 6'0" 175 but want to gain about 15 pounds of lean mussle.  I am taking one serving of Nitro-Tech protein suppliment (about 20 grams of protein) within 30 minunts of workout and one serving after breakfast.  Anything else I could be doing?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#1]
<Edited out bad joke to avoid CoC violation>

Train, sleep,train.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:30:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Roids. Genetic engineering , and Testoterone shots .
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:31:27 PM EDT
[#3]
There is some stuff called cell-tech that makes your muscles retain more water and also helps when you work out to get an extra set in.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:31:56 PM EDT
[#4]
six or eight weeks of roids will do it
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:33:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Three large pizzas per meal, with two snacks of 1/2 gallon of ice cream  in between for six weeks.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:33:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Eat,Train, Eat, sleep, Eat,train,Eat.

Fixed it for you.  The only way to build muscle is to eat more than enough protein.  Unfortunately that has the side effect of making you thick, then you have to diet to get the built look.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:34:08 PM EDT
[#7]
You need to increase your protein intake, 40 grams of protien a day isn't enough to put on size.  If you're working out properly try increasing your protein intake to about 1g per pound of body weight.  Also try getting most of your protein from real food like chicken breasts, tuna and lean beef.

There's a lot of other factors to consider without knowing anything else about your training and diet I'd start with this...
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:35:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Weight Gain 4000 man.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:37:18 PM EDT
[#9]
one word DECA!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:37:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You need to increase your protein intake, 40 grams of protien a day isn't enough to put on size.  If you're working out properly try increasing your protein intake to about 1g per pound of body weight.  Also try getting most of your protein from real food like chicken breasts, tuna and lean beef.

There's a lot of other factors to consider without knowing anything else about your training and diet I'd start with this...

+1  Thats what I do, I'm 6' 315-320 right now, but before I was 285 or so. Hit those weights hard. Slow lift and as much weight as you can handle and still be safe. Reps won't produce the bulk as fast as mass will.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:37:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I am currently working out with weights every day for about 45 minunts.  I am currently 6'0" 175 but want to gain about 15 pounds of lean mussle.  I am taking one serving of Nitro-Tech protein suppliment (about 20 grams of protein) within 30 minunts of workout and one serving after breakfast.  Anything else I could be doing?

45 minutes doing what? Same cycle everyday? Do you take a rest day? What poundages are we talking about?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:38:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Eat a lot of lean protein.  Chicken without skin, etc. reduce fat and carbs as much as possible.  You have to increase your food intake, while reducing your fat and carbs.  Work out more with heavier weights that you could lift atleast 8 times without stopping.  If you can lift it more than 12 times, it's too light and you'll get a more cardio workout than muscle building.  If you can't lift more than 8 times, it's too heavy and you may tear or injure your muscles.  Do 4 reps of 10 slowly.  Lift up in two counts and down in four.  Remember to strech after every set.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:39:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

The protein I am taking is a suppliment to wht I eat.  I am getting enough now I believe.  So am I gonna look fat after 10 weeks or so?   Then I'll need hydroycut or something?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:39:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Modern pharmogology is the quickest way, not the smartest.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#15]
OK, this is THE fastest way to get big:  squats

Go buy the book called "super squats".  I dare anyone to call BS on this program.  Anyone who has tried it will tell you it works bar none.  You can bench press all you like, but if you don't add a serious squat routine to your workout your body will plateau.  Trust me on this one.  If you stick by the program...and believe me, it's hard as hell to stick with it,....you will gain close to 30 lbs in 6 weeks.  That's no shit.  

Squats, my friend, squats

oh yeah, it's part of the program but let me emphasis this as well.......eat at least 6 times a day.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:42:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I am currently working out with weights every day for about 45 minunts.

You're working out too much.  Your muscles need about 48 hours to completely repair themselves.  You're breaking down muscle before it can repair itself.  Work out about 3 to 4 times a week.  3 sets of 10 reps per exercise.  As far as supplements go I started using creatine burst, whey protien, and muscle milk a week and a half ago and put on 5 lbs.  Creatine burst is  better than plain creatine since it also makes the body produce more of it's own creatine.  Also watch out what you take, ALOT of b.s. chalkpowder products.  Personally I recommend GNC since it's independantly tested.  Muscletech is also a good one.  EAS has gone down hill and I wouldn't trust it since it was sold to the japanese.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:43:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

45 minutes doing what? Same cycle everyday? Do you take a rest day? What poundages are we talking about?

OK, I am upper one day lower next day.  I do 3 exercises per main mussle group.  ie:  3 bicep workouts each of 3 sets of 10 reps, same with triceps, chest, etc.  I work out fast because I only have 55 minunts allowed at work to break and still must shower and get back on the phones.  So when I hit the gym I hit it hard and fast.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:44:10 PM EDT
[#18]
'roids...but you probably already knew that...
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:44:54 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
+1  Thats what I do, I'm 6' 315-320 right now, but before I was 285 or so. Hit those weights hard. Slow lift and as much weight as you can handle and still be safe. Reps won't produce the bulk as fast as mass will.

Good luck.

Whoa...don't take offense but I am assuming you are not a lean 320 @ 6' ?????  If you are, remind me not to piss you off.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:45:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're working out too much.  Your muscles need about 48 hours to completely repair themselves.  You're breaking down muscle before it can repair itself.  Work out about 3 to 4 times a week.  3 sets of 10 reps per exercise.  As far as supplements go I started using creatine burst, whey protien, and muscle milk a week and a half ago and put on 5 lbs.  Creatine burst is  better than plain creatine since it also makes the body produce more of it's own creatine.  Also watch out what you take, ALOT of b.s. chalkpowder products.  Personally I recommend GNC since it's independantly tested.  Muscletech is also a good one.  EAS has gone down hill and I wouldn't trust it since it was sold to the japanese.

The stuff I am taking is from GNC made by Muscletech.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:46:10 PM EDT
[#21]
deca and test make you bloated. go winstrol. made in europe winstrol is the best. forget about anything made in mexico.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:46:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I have considered it but don't want to mess up the jewels.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:49:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The stuff I am taking is from GNC made by Muscletech.

Yeah GNC also has their own brand of supplements.  Basically it's the same stuff, just a little cheaper.  In fact, creatine burst is a complete copy of a muscletech product.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:49:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK, I am upper one day lower next day.  I do 3 exercises per main mussle group.  ie:  3 bicep workouts each of 3 sets of 10 reps, same with triceps, chest, etc.  I work out fast because I only have 55 minunts allowed at work to break and still must shower and get back on the phones.  So when I hit the gym I hit it hard and fast.

Free weights, weight machines what type of gear?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:52:11 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have considered it but don't want to mess up the jewels.

Trust me, 'roids....just DO IT GOD DAMN IT.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:52:25 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The protein I am taking is a suppliment to wht I eat.  I am getting enough now I believe.  So am I gonna look fat after 10 weeks or so?   Then I'll need hydroycut or something?

A little bit of fat is okay when you're trying to bulk up.  Just use common sense and monitor your weight and how you look in the mirror.  You'll know if you're gaining fat or muscle.

As far as training goes go hard and heavy with the basic exercises and use free weights as much as possible.  Don't do any of the fancy pansy isolation exercises.  Maintain your rep range from 4-8 reps per set and do no more than 10-12 sets for the large muscle groups and 6-8 sets for the small muscle groups.  

Also make sure you get enough rest and your muscles are fully recovered before blasting them again.  Remember you get bigger while you're resting and recovering not while your training.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:56:50 PM EDT
[#27]
So I should start lifting way more weight and less reps per set?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:00:30 PM EDT
[#28]
read up on them. ask barry bonds or any other pro if their jewels are messed up. roids are very safe IF taken properly and with medical supervision.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Penis pump.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:01:42 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Yes, you need to lift heavy enough to stress your muscles so they are forced to adapt and rest and eat enough for them to build up and get sronger.  Use common sense and train safely with good technique and always use spotters when necessary.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:02:22 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Penis pump.

no thanks

no complaints form the ladies and I will like to keep it that way
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:02:36 PM EDT
[#32]
I used to eat 4k calories a day and work out three times a week. I gained five pounds in 9 months I was a lot stronger though. I have an extremely quick maetabolism.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, you need to lift heavy enough to stress your muscles so they are forced to adapt and rest and eat enough for them to build up and get sronger.  Use common sense and train safely with good technique and always use spotters when necessary.

OK tell me if this is wrong:  I should go from 3 set of 10 reps of heavy weight to 3 sets of 6 reps of super heavy weight for all exercises?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:04:43 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Pretty much.  

Find 3 to 4 exercises per muscle doing 3 to 4 sets of 6 to 8 reps.  This doesn't count your warm up set of a much lighter weight with 12-15 reps.  If you are doing this right it will take you 45 minutes to hit one muscle group.  Don't hit the same muscle group more than twice a week.  If you are following the above properly it's impossible to hit the same muscle group more than twice a week...Arms, chest, legs, back, rest.  That takes 5 days right there.  Then repeat.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:06:22 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK tell me if this is wrong:  I should go from 3 set of 10 reps of heavy weight to 3 sets of 6 reps of super heavy weight for all exercises?

That's the idea.  I like to start at 4 reps and when I can do the same weight for 8 reps I know it's time to add weight.  Do this with the basic exercises and and rest for about 2-5 minutes in between sets and train each major muscle group once a week.

When I say the basic exercises I'm talking about the following:

1. Bench Press
2. Deadlift
3. Bent Row
4. Squats
5. Romainian Dead Lift(SLDL)
6. Military Press
7. Barbell Curl
8. Skull Crushers
9. Standing Calve Raises
10. Power Cleans

You can go a long way with just those 10 exercises.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:06:24 PM EDT
[#36]
There is nothing legal which works fast. Period.

Sorry.

You can get a freakin SEX CHANGE legally, but you can't have a little extra testosterone - that's a felony.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#37]
TIME...........I NEED MORE TIME
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:15:18 PM EDT
[#38]
McDonalds, Twinkies, and beer.  Repeat until desired weight goal is reached.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:15:41 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good luck.

Whoa...don't take offense but I am assuming you are not a lean 320 @ 6' ?????  If you are, remind me not to piss you off.  

I have a little belly going on now that I need to get rid of. I am mostly lean 21" neck 25" biceps 17" forearms 38"-40" waist. But the belly thing is giving me the donut look
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:20:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:22:10 PM EDT
[#41]
I used to have the same trouble gaining weight. I was 6'5" and weighed 180lbs. I worked out constantly and took lots of protien and creatine. What I finally learned was that I was simply not eating enough. I now weigh 245lbs.
What I recommend to you is that you eat 5-6 meals a day. Eat good, lean, protien rich foods. If you are working out hard, you need 1-1.5 grams of protein a day per lb. of body weight. It takes quite a while to build muscle. You will hear lots of people telling you that creatine is going to make you gain weight quickly and that is true, but what you aren't being told is that it is mostly water weight. The hardest thing about working out and getting big is the diet. Trust me on this, if you are not gaining weight, you are not eating enough. You can do all of the supersets or squats that you want, but if you aren't feeding your muscles enough, they will not grow.
Also, make sure you are taking a multi vitamin and getting plenty of sleep. There are so many factors involved with gaining muscle. Take a look at www.bodybuilding.com. There is a lot of good info on diet and programs from really experienced guys there. There is also alot of bs about steroids.....Just make sure you stay away from that. Take care and good luck to you.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:24:58 PM EDT
[#42]
At least 2 grams of protein per lb of lean body weight.

Don't overtrain.

The squat rack is not for doing curls.

500mg T ethanate/wk for 10 wks
5mg dbol every 4hrs for first 5 wks.

Antiestrogens as needed.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:32:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Also drink a lot beer, all you can lift!

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:35:52 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good luck.

I have a little belly going on now that I need to get rid of. I am mostly lean 21" neck 25" biceps 17" forearms 38"-40" waist. But the belly thing is giving me the donut look

Your arms are bigger than Ronnie Coleman's (24")?????   Jesus.  Where the F@ck u buy your shirts?  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:39:06 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good luck.

Your arms are bigger than Ronnie Coleman's (24")?????   Jesus.  Where the F@ck u buy your shirts?  

I wear silk t shirts under a casual shirt unbottoned. Ronnie's arms are completly ripped. Mine are big but not that defined, my wife thinks that looks sick. My dress shirts for church I have tailored, I still have a little problem finding ties of the right length.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:42:17 PM EDT
[#46]
I was gonna get up and get some snacks, but I'm too damn tired now from reading this thread. Enough already...I'm sweatin like a stuck hog from the verbal workout/mental images of all that exercise.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:50:50 PM EDT
[#47]
EAT LOTS OF PIE
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:12:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Again eat A LOT, and lots of water, drop every other liquid and drink only water, it helps metabolize.
And dont worry about gaining fat, once youve reached the size you want to be just trim back on eating and keep the water flowing and keep the muscle warm , hot muscle and lots of water burns fat quick.

Give you an idea of time, I went from 6'3 205#  to 245# in 3 mos. No steroids just quality muscle.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:21:51 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Again eat A LOT, and lots of water, drop every other liquid and drink only water, it helps metabolize.
And dont worry about gaining fat, once youve reached the size you want to be just trim back on eating and keep the water flowing and keep the muscle warm , hot muscle and lots of water burns fat quick.

Give you an idea of time, I went from 6'3 205#  to 245# in 3 mos. No steroids just quality muscle.

Yep, every pound of muscle you add burns 50 calories extra per day.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#50]
The shaftmaster baybee!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top