BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2002 3:56:32 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:08:49 AM EDT
[#1]
So what is our duty to society?
View Quote

To not infringe on the freedom and liberties of others living in it.....
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:20:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:23:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Your duty to society? Dont mess with other people or their property.

Kant had his own system of political ethics that went like this:

"Dont engage in behavior which, if everyone did it, would cause problems or chaos" (or words to that effect).  

Another good rule of thumb is "Behave as though you're being filmed at all times, and your actions will be reviewed by people you have to see everyday"

That should keep you out of trouble and out of society's hair.  Can it ask much more than that?

Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:47:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
First time I was in a gun control argument, the liberal asked me my thoughts of fixing the school shooting and youth violence problem, and I had no idea what to say.
View Quote

Liberals ask the question but don't like the answer. No matter what age, deliberate murder deserves the death penalty. A fair trial and a quick hang'in! Imagine how many parents and kids would not have to suffer columbine and other murder spree's if only justice was served fairly and swiftly.

So what is our duty to society?
View Quote

To provide an example for others to follow. Living righteously is not just for you, but for those who see/watch you.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:24:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:19:49 AM EDT
[#6]
That's an easy one DF--your duty to society is to leave it a better place than you found it.  Your possession of guns has no bearing on anything to do with what society is (better or worse, richer or poorer, etc).  Your possession of weapons has nothing to do with the presence or absence of violence in society,unless you so direct that activity through you own actions.  You answer to stopping violence in society, is not to promote it.  It is the same as your answer to stopping illegal drug use--just don't fire up that hooter.  Don't get sucked into an argument that the Liberals sets the rules and definitions of what they see as the idea society.  Remember, they (the liberals) have given those in need (the have nots?) the LBJ war on poverty and social system that has enslaved millions of Americans, cost hundreds of billions (or trillions) of dollars for 40 years.  Have they (the liberals) left society a better place?  Anyway--my 2 cents (and one more for the post count).  David
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:20:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 11:13:57 AM EDT
[#8]
That whole "duty to society" bullshit is pure Marxism.

"From each according to their abilities, to each according to their needs", if I remember what that piece-of-shit said correctly.

What a load of fucking crap, unless you're one of the leeches.

The liberal ass-clowns just can't make the differentiation between state mandated "contributions" and honest to God true Christian charity.  

-Eric

Link Posted: 12/29/2002 11:25:51 AM EDT
[#9]
To defend the Constitution of the United Staes against all enemies both foreign and DOMESTIC

Besides that, I have no other "duties" just things I would like to do with my life, if only the government would grant me the freedom to do them without being forced to help the "great society" they keep screaming exists, but which I have yet to see.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:54:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, about this school shooting thing. Before 1968, [b]ANYONE[/b] could buy a gun at the gas station, while filling up their tank. And yet, we had [b]NO[/b] "plague" of out of control youth shooting up schools. OMG!!!!! It is almost liek the guns aren't really to blame!!!!! Maybe it is the freaking criminals.....

Scott

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top