Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 7:19:01 PM EDT
I am a Bush supporter, ever since his first term as governor of Texas.  I just heard on Lou Dobbs that the Bush Administration is asking the House to drop provisions from a new bill that restrict illegal immigrants from getting drivers licenses.  Bush's security people are telling him these restrictions are important to national security.  What is he thinking?

Illegal Aliens are working at the company which makes MRE's in McAllen, Texas.  What if AQ slipped some people in that factory, due to lax immigration restrictions, and they "doctored" food being sent to our folks in Iraq?

I am very, very upset.  Our relationship with Vicente Fox is not as important as our national security.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#1]
He wants the Latin vote.

ARH

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:28:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
He wants the Latin vote.

ARH

+1  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
He wants the Latin vote.

ARH

Exactly right.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:29:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:30:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Odd that Latinos can't distinguish themselves from illegal aliens.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:32:50 PM EDT
[#6]
The latin vote is growing in importance, and like it or not, will soon be the vote that dictates who gets elected, what laws are passed, what entitlements are extended, international policy, etc.   It is a good idea for the Repubs to get in front of this, because if they don't, the Dems will steamroll them for decades to come.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:43:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Texans, get ready for the day when you call your local HMO/bank, and they say "press dos for English"
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:45:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Odd that Latinos can't distinguish themselves from illegal aliens.

Most if not all Lations I talked to, are related to, or know have at least one person who is an illegal. That's the mentality behind getting trying to get legal latino's votes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top