Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2005 9:04:07 PM EDT
I like to walk down to the lake near my house almost every night to walk my dog. Theres a new neighbor that bought a house close by that goes down with his rottweiler  .It constantly barks and growls at all the other dogs there. All the neighbors that go there take are dogs off the leash and they all play and swim. I am not  bashing the breed just the owner on how he has rasied it to be like that. Why would some one want a dog like that.Mine is protective in the house and would bark if he hears a noise outside ,but he is friendly to kids and people outside the house,he's not a nut case like this rotti . Would you want a dog like that
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:11:23 PM EDT
[#1]
They possibly dont think its mean...

We have some renters that have some fuckin mean dogs, and He says: " Oh, they are just excited".  They have shit respect for him, and want to eat me.  

The dogs go, or he goes, its up to him.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:12:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe they want a chip on their shoulder?

meanest thing my dog does is jump on your crotch when you walk into the house.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:13:33 PM EDT
[#3]
No Im petty sure he knows its mean .He can't take it off the leash down there and it lunges at anything close to it
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:17:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:17:43 PM EDT
[#5]
They probably didn't socialize their dog when he was a puppy. We socialized both our dogs with pretty much everyone we ran across, and as a result we have 2 friendly (fat) yard sharks who are death to cats, small animals and burglars but friendly towards our friends and us.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:21:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I am glad the people in the world are diverse, it would be pretty boring if everyone had the same interests.

I can pretty much be secure in knowing that he does not understand why anyone would want a pussified dog like most the others have.,

There is a local biker business owner her who has 100% wolfs as pets, he literally has to do beat downs to maintain Alpha Male status, they will kill him someday but it trips his trigger untill then.

.Having a dog that is sociaized  around other dogs.Is the correct way to rasie a dog .Even a trained attack dog knows when to be social. A dog like his is bad  upbringing by the owner
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:31:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Dogs are pack animals, and some try to be leader of the pack.  The Rotti is a Alpha, basicly a dog that has bully and leader like tendencies that were learned as a pup.  He is just showing his dominence over the other dogs.  

I have a Alpha female English Cocker, she barks at the other dogs all the time when they play, but never bites or anything.  They are basicly the fun police of the dog world.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:42:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Dogs are pack animals, and some try to be leader of the pack.  The Rotti is a Alpha, basicly a dog that has bully and leader like tendencies that were learned as a pup.  He is just showing his dominence over the other dogs.  

I have a Alpha female English Cocker, she barks at the other dogs all the time when they play, but never bites or anything.  They are basicly the fun police of the dog world.

FWIW your Alpha English Cocker would probably still be dominant over a non-alpha Rott...

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:45:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top