Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 2/9/2006 8:59:04 PM EDT
Is this just a Michigan thing, or is this an epidemic?? I've noticed a lot of Rite Aid Pharmacies popping up everywhere lately. They are building new stores with another one not 2 miles away and keeping them both open. They will tear one down and build a new one in the same spot. For instance, a neighboring down called Davison is a very small community. They have the only Rite Aid within 30 miles that is open 24hrs. They just built another one just 1.5 miles down the road and it closes at 9:00pm???? What is the deal?? Anyone know? Is Rite Aid the next Walmart??

Kris
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:00:23 PM EDT
Nuke from orbit, only way......
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:00:39 PM EDT
Just lots of Walgreens here.

Walgreens, the store I can walk in and never find anything I want to buy
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:02:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Taxman:
Just lots of Walgreens here.

Walgreens, the store I can walk in and never find anything I want to buy

Rite Aid is the same way. The only thing I find there that I want is Vicodin, and they won't give it to me. I've asked. Hell, they can't even spell thier name right!!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:14:03 AM EDT
CVS, Rite-Aid or Walgreens on every corner. And that's on top of every grocery store having a pharmacy . I don't get it myself. They must be pushing a lot of pills to aging baby-boomers.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:31:11 AM EDT
Same here. On the corners of main street and 11th in my town are three pharmacies. Each dominates one corner. A small tire store is on the fourth corner, but I expect him to sell out to another pharmacy.

This is worse then Starbucks on every corner
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:36:20 AM EDT
Rite-Aid, Walgreens, CVS. You'll notice that the vast majority of new commercial construction these days is medical-related (hospitals, pharmacies, clinics, Dr. offices) or banks. That tells you where the money is. We are a nation of "fix-its". Everything is a disease and everything has a pill. No cures, no money in that. But they can give you something to take 3 times a day for the rest of your life.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:48:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:58:39 AM EDT
If ir isn't Riteaid it's a Eckert.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:59:47 AM EDT
Had Rite-Aid's down here a few years ago caddy-corner from every Eckerd's Drugs. Now their both gone and it's a CVS vs Walgreens pissing match.

Lot's 'O pills needed down here in "God's waiting room".....
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:06:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/10/2006 6:07:38 AM EDT by wildearp]
The demographic is aging. We live in a drug altered world. The .gov allows price fixing by drug companies. There is a ton of money in the legal drug market.

Do the math.

There is one of each brand on every corner in most places in Florida. That is where there is already a geriatric demographic. Every one else is playing catch up.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:11:08 AM EDT
Good to see another Pennsylvania-based company making inroads around the country.

Zippo
Martin Guitars
Channel Lock tools
Top Top