Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/17/2009 5:59:21 AM EST
Yeah, I know, its General Discussion and we can talk about anything here. But, when one post about racism gets locked, another one just sprouts up and takes its place. Why? Did I mistakenly go to the BET website or something?

"Is this picture racist?"

"Is this fictional character racist?"

"Was the Emperor from Star Wars racist?"

Seriously, why the infatuation?

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:00:53 AM EST
Actually I see more people making thinly veiled racist comments and then saying that the people who call them out for it are in fact the racists.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:01:27 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:01:39 AM EST
I am waiting for the "Ask a racist anything" thread.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:02:45 AM EST

Me... I not waists...

weilly...

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:04:46 AM EST
Racism is fun.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:06:32 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:07:16 AM EST
Originally Posted By macman37:
Actually I see more people making thinly veiled racist comments and then saying that the people who call them out for it are in fact the racists.

This.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:07:19 AM EST
When the veiled comments stop. The obsession stops.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:08:57 AM EST
I see a bunch of bantering back and forth between people who have nothing better to do than worry about if something is racist or not. Its like arguing about politics or religion people are so blinded by thinking they are right all common sense goes out the window and the topic ends up getting locked. The same overly sensitive and hard line people manage to show up every time something concerning race is said and start talking shit. It is a stupid thing that happens but just like other things in human nature its never going to change get used to it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:09:16 AM EST
Too many people forgetting to switch tabs between here and stormfront when posting.

I know we have a few of them here.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:09:32 AM EST

Originally Posted By agillig:

Only a guess, but I would imagine that many people on the board are fed up with overly PC crap and virtually anything remotely offensive being called racist. It has come to the point that if you are white then you are racist, if you are straight then you are homophobic, and if you are male then you are sexist. This pisses many people off.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:13:32 AM EST
Until people can admit that everybody is slightly racist in some way shape or form it's never going to change. Everybody is so worried and scared to say what they are really thinking and have an intelligent discussion about it that they spend more time pointing fingers and trying to say how perfect they are and how racist everybody else is.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:14:15 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:14:50 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/17/2009 7:01:58 AM EST by The_Beer_Slayer]
removed per coc
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:16:15 AM EST
I’m not racist I own a colored T.V.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:16:19 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:16:25 AM EST

Yeah, I know, its General Discussion and we can talk about anything here. But, when one post about racism gets locked, another one just sprouts up and takes its place. Why? Did I mistakenly go to the BET website or something?

It's one of the doctrinal moralities in the new religion that has been drilled into Westerners every day from early childhood on. Just like if you were to visit 5th century Rome you would encounter crowds of people going on and on about how many angels could dance on the head of a pin - they can't help but talk about it nonstop because as post-modernists it is part of who they are.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:17:21 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/17/2009 6:18:05 AM EST by DarkCharisma]

Everything is racist in the wake of political correctness. Some members just dont' care anymore, and will say things whether being labeled racist or not.

Edit: A lot of it is tongue-in-cheek. At least from me.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:17:56 AM EST

Originally Posted By NoMoAMMO:
Until people can admit that everybody is slightly racist in some way shape or form it's never going to change. Everybody is so worried and scared to say what they are really thinking and have an intelligent discussion about it that they spend more time pointing fingers and trying to say how perfect they are and how racist everybody else is.

I don't think anyone is worried or scared about what people think about on this topic. If they were, they wouldn't keep raising the issue.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:18:17 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:18:18 AM EST
If you look down upon racism, then arfcom offers endless opportunities to call it out and criticize and be disdainful.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:18:19 AM EST
ARFCOM is not the problem.

I think the better question would be, "Why is America so obsessed with race?"
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:19:02 AM EST
Originally Posted By raysheen:

Only a guess, but I would imagine that many people on the board are fed up with overly PC crap and virtually anything remotely offensive being called racist. It has come to the point that if you are white then you are racist, if you are straight then you are homophobic, and if you are male then you are sexist. This pisses many people off.

QFT
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:19:19 AM EST
Its ARFCOM doing its part to have a frank discussion of racism as called for by our esteemed Attorney General Eric Holder
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:20:18 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:21:06 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:22:25 AM EST
Originally Posted By theBUBBAMANcan:

Slavery, jim crow, pro/anti immigration politics, the very fact that we're a nation of immigrants.

When the founding fathers decided that black people weren't human beings, they founded a country that would for a very, very, very long time have the color of one's skin be a very major issue.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:22:29 AM EST

luuuuuuuuuuulz

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:25:40 AM EST
IBTWG

In Before The White Guilt....

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:25:59 AM EST
While we're on the topic, I'm Irish and my wife is Nicaraguan.

We have 2 beautiful children, light skinned but they tan up darker than my wife in a week, after the snow melts, no sunburns.

I call them McSpics, my sister calls them Latin Leprauchans. Anybody offended?

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:28:06 AM EST
Originally Posted By SnowboundinNH:

We have 2 beautiful children, light skinned but they tan up darker than my wife in a week, after the snow melts, no sunburns.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:29:54 AM EST

That's all fine and good that you make those kind of comments. Unfortunately, other people hear you say that, so they think THEY can make up creative titles for your children. Next thing you know, you're choke slamming some idiot who decided to call your kids "Half breed pub monkeys" or something like that.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:34:35 AM EST

I agree, I'm so sick of being called racist, which I am not, that it's making me want to become one. And interestingly enough, I no longer give a flying fuck.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:35:40 AM EST
Originally Posted By BBossman:
Its ARFCOM doing its part to have a frank discussion of racism as called for by our esteemed Attorney General Eric Holder

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:44:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By 3rdpig:

I agree, I'm so sick of being called racist, which I am not, that it's making me want to become one. And interestingly enough, I no longer give a flying fuck.

If you get called a gun grabbing liberal enough times, will you become one?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:48:18 AM EST
Originally Posted By azmjs:

Slavery, jim crow, pro/anti immigration politics, the very fact that we're a nation of immigrants.

When the founding fathers decided that black people weren't human beings, they founded a country that would for a very, very, very long time have the color of one's skin be a very major issue.

This.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:54:06 AM EST
Originally Posted By poink:
Too many people forgetting to switch tabs between here and stormfront/blackpanter.gov/laraza.gov when posting.

fixed it for ya, not just whites are racist, or didn't they give you that talking point at DU?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:54:42 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/17/2009 6:57:42 AM EST by SnowboundinNH]

That's all fine and good that you make those kind of comments. Unfortunately, other people hear you say that, so they think THEY can make up creative titles for your children. Next thing you know, you're choke slamming some idiot who decided to call your kids "Half breed pub monkeys" or something like that.

A valid point, I think I'd have to base my reaction on the tone and intent of the person saying it. A nasty Irish temper aint something to F#ck with, though I only make those jokes around friends and family, and yes, I feel comfortable mentioning it on arfcom.

I have racism on my side though, those comments constitute a hate crime......which is what got this thread started in the first place.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:56:53 AM EST

Originally Posted By Fourays2:
Originally Posted By poink:
Too many people forgetting to switch tabs between here and stormfront/blackpanter.gov/laraza.gov when posting.

fixed it for ya, not just whites are racist, or didn't they give you that talking point at DU?

I don't see a whole lot of anti-white racism here, do you? Obviously, if there are any contributing members to the Black Panthers or La Raza on this website, they are keeping their views to themselves, something our residential 88'ers have a hard time doing.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:58:27 AM EST
It is a contentious topic for our time. You think DU avoides this topic? Its a buzz word that is discussed in almost every other post there. Basically, anyone who does not agree with their latest whim is a hate bater and by definition a racist. Also bear in mind some gun related forums tend to vere towards the right.

The way I look at it, it is better to have honest debate and learn, than to bury it under the rug and pretend that racism does not exist. I have seen racists of all races, incomes, nationalities, and stripes. Most of the time it is unthinking and casual, but sometimes it is very very ugly.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:58:51 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/17/2009 6:59:35 AM EST by theBUBBAMANcan]

Sure, but at some point we have to move on from that shit. We are wasting out time fighting amonst ourselves when we could be moving forward as a society.

It seems to me that the gov't "fixes" only make the problem worse...such as trying to right past wrongs by openly discriminating against white people (affirmative action, etc) which only adds to racial tensions.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:01:41 AM EST

Sure, but at some point we have to move on from that shit. We are wasting out time fighting amonst ourselves when we could be moving forward as a society.

It seems to me that the gov't "fixes" only make the problem worse...such as trying to right past wrongs by openly discriminating against white people (affirmative action, etc) which only adds to racial tensions.

They tried but the attitudes were persistent there are still areas where the "old ways" are still taught.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:02:05 AM EST

To someone who wears their heart and feelings on their sleeve, or graduated from womans or black studies program, that would be considered RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Personally, I know it is all in fun, and that you love your wife and kids dear, so I know better. But there are some who are perpetually on the prowl looking for the slightest perceived insult, ready to scream and condemn and villify.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:02:32 AM EST
ar15.com is no different than any other board I've been on. They all talk about race eventually, and it stirs up a hornet's nest every time.

The bottom line is that, as much as we may not like to admit it, we are OBSESSED with race in the US. Why should this board be any different?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:02:51 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:04:05 AM EST
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

What really puzzles me is the obsession a lot of people on ar15.com have with talking about the gays.

I think it's because they are closeted.

I've never understood how a guy who likes to go on dates with other guys is going to be the downfall of society.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:04:25 AM EST

Now would be a good time to make an earnest go at it, what with a black dude named Hussein elected president.

I read an article about black high school kids who say things like "Barack's in the white house, can't pull that shit no more."

That kind of thinking should be encouraged.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:15:41 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:16:07 AM EST
So if ARFCOM was lumped together as a fighting unit, how would we fare? What with all the racism, 9mm vs .45, AR vs AK and DI vs Piston arguing always going on I'd like to know.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:18:58 AM EST
Originally Posted By Chris_C:
I am waiting for the "Ask a racist anything" thread.

That would be EPIC!....even more epic if Hkshooter posted it

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top