Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/8/2005 2:07:53 AM EDT

I just flipped to MTV while surfing the idiot box and cought Fitty Cent vidio and loost aboot half mi ique points.

What’s so attractive about this life style?

I need a beer.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:12:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Stupidity seems to be the "in" thing lately.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:14:10 AM EDT
[#2]
No idea, but this is like the third shooting at this mall in Anchorage in the last few years. Mall ninjas have their work cut out for them there.

Shots ring at Dimond mall in Anchorage

GUNFIRE: Police find 23 shell casings in parking lot; one woman is rushed to hospital.

By TATABOLINE BRANT
Anchorage Daily News

Published: August 7th, 2005
Last Modified: August 7th, 2005 at 05:33 AM

A dispute at one of Anchorage's busiest shopping malls Saturday escalated into wild gunfire as one vehicle chased another out of a mall parking lot and down a street jammed with midday traffic, police said.

When the shooting stopped and one bullet-riddled, blood-spattered SUV with a flat tire rolled to a stop in a car lot near Dimond Center, a young woman climbed out and lay down on the stoop of the dealership, suffering from what police suspect was a gunshot wound to the lung.

As paramedics sped to the scene and then rushed the woman to the hospital, officers tried to question three male occupants of the SUV, a Chevrolet Tahoe, about what had happened. The trio answered a few police questions, but then brushed officers off, jumped in a cab and left, police said.

At least one of the three flashed vulgar hand gestures at news reporters as they departed, Patrol Sgt. David Koch said.

"There's a very classic portrayal of their attitude when they're flipping off the news cameras, saying, 'Take a picture of this,' " Koch said. "That's about the attitude I got."

The shooting is at least the third this year at Dimond Center, which has beefed up its security in recent months to deal with what mall security workers described as a citywide problem.

"I think we're dealing with a huge Anchorage problem that's spilling over to commercial properties that have nothing to do with (the disputes)," said Chris Heitstuman, the mall's security director. "It's just tragic people feel like they have to resort to this."

In February, a man was taken to the hospital by his girlfriend after he was wounded by gunfire on the east side of the giant mall, which claims to be the largest shopping center in Alaska and sprawls across the southwest corner of one of the city's busiest intersections, Dimond Boulevard and Old Seward Highway. In March, a 14-year-old boy was fatally shot and a 19-year-old man wounded in a gang-related shooting at the mall -- a case that is still unsolved.

The episode Saturday occurred around noon. Police were immediately hammered with calls about a two-vehicle car chase and multiple gunshots.

A mall security worker in a pickup was in the Dimond Center parking lot when he heard the shots ring out and spotted the two vehicles about 50 yards away, in the lot's entrance near Gottschalks, Heitstuman said.

The worker notified authorities and later rounded up witnesses for police to question, Heitstuman said.

The vehicles tore out of the mall parking lot and sped south on the Old Seward Highway. At some point, the SUV, one of its rear tires shredded down to the rim, pulled into a Chevrolet dealership just south of the mall. All three windows on the passenger side were partially or totally blown out, and at least six bullet holes could be seen in the vehicle's body.

The injured woman, whom police said looked to be in her early 20s, got out and walked around for a few moments, then lay down on the ground, police and witnesses said.

"She was on the sidewalk in a great amount of pain," Koch said. "She had lost a lot of blood."

Terry Wink, general sales manager at the dealership, said paramedics arrived quickly.

"Some of our guys covered her up with coats while they waited for them to get here," she said. "Everybody's a little shellshocked."

The woman's condition was not available late Saturday.

Police said the three young men in the SUV told officers they had been shopping at the mall and got into a confrontation with another man in a gold Mitsubishi Galant as they were leaving. They said the man pulled out a pistol and started firing at them, Koch said.

The trio did not say what the confrontation was about, Koch said, but at least one of them knew a man in the other vehicle. Police got the man's name and were looking for him Saturday, Koch said.

"The young man who fired these shots, all indications are he has a habit of settling drug disputes by shooting up cars," Koch said. "But the people in the vehicle said that's not what it's about."

As the three left the dealership in a taxi, they told police they "would just take care of it themselves," Koch said.

Immediately after the shooting, yellow crime scene tape surrounded the mall's parking lot entrance near Gottschalks as Sgt. Pablo Paiz and two other officers searched for evidence. Paiz said that it was unclear whether shots had been fired from both vehicles but that officers would be reviewing the mall's video surveillance footage. Koch said some 23 bullet casings from two different-caliber weapons were found.

"That is a lot of bullets to be flying around the Dimond Center," Koch said. "That's a little scary." Actually, he said after a moment, "that's a lot scary."

Dimond Center spends in excess of $500,000 annually on security, according to Heitstuman. The mall's security force has beefed up its bike, foot and vehicle patrols this year in light of the shootings on the property, he said, and it is adding more video surveillance cameras.

Koch said robbery-assault detectives are working the case. Police said it is too soon to know if the shooting is gang-related.

"Without victim witness cooperation, it's pretty difficult to prosecute, but we'll do our best to put it together," Koch said.

Anchorage Mayor Mark Begich and police earlier this summer announced creation of a task force to help fight what they said is a growing number of gang-related crimes in the city.

www.adn.com/news/alaska/anchorage/story/6791725p-6681149c.html
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:27:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I think it all starts at home with the parents. My dad would have kicked my ass between my shoulder blades the first time I would have tried to wear my pants around my ankles. The first time my kids try it I will kick their asses (in a nice PC way ). This country needs real dad's. My dad didn't have discussion's on why things were wrong or right, things were black or white, no gray area's and from a very early age I knew when I was doing something wrong, not that it always stopped me. But I knew if I got caught what was going to happen and that was usually enough to keep me on the straight and narrow.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:29:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No idea, but this is like the third shooting at this mall in Anchorage in the last few years. Mall ninjas have their work cut out for them there.

www.adn.com/news/alaska/anchorage/story/6791725p-6681149c.html

That sound like the Baltimore / DC area.  Just a little colder in the winter time.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:30:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Anchorage? What were they shooting each other over, who gets to keep the polar bear hide??
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:31:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:35:41 AM EDT
[#7]
It's fashion, and nothing more.

15 years ago teenage white boys where I grew up would have DIED before acting, or being into, black culture. Back then, it was metal or goth, or whatever was the en vouge thing to piss off your parents....anything but being black or acting black.

Now, unfortunately, it's inner city culture that seems cool to the young ones.

Thank god, 80% of the kids worshipping that crap will grow out of it...and will come to a point in their lives where they realize a gigantic gold money-sign necklace and spinner hubcaps are FUCKING GHEY. The women in their lives will think they're idiots, the men will too, and they'll be forced to grow the fuck up.

With any justice, they'll look back at the pictures of themselves now with the same horrific embarassment as my "big hair 80's metal" days. Ugh.

Some won't grow up, but thank god that's why we have maximum security prisons.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:43:20 AM EDT
[#8]
It's the cool pants they get to wear.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:50:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:59:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It's fashion, and nothing more.

Thank god, 80% of the kids worshipping that crap will grow out of it...and will come to a point in their lives where they realize a gigantic gold money-sign necklace and spinner hubcaps are FUCKING GHEY. The women in their lives will think they're idiots, the men will too, and they'll be forced to grow the fuck up.

you have high hopes.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:48:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Lots of drugs/whores/money/&bling with little or no effort. Also being able to act like an animale without much fear of retrabution. Basicly being  base, & living a depraved life style.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:52:13 AM EDT
[#12]

Some won't grow up, but thank god that's why we have maximum security prisons.

...and lethal injection.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:10:42 AM EDT
[#13]
A Black social commentator said it best about people that emulate "thugs" but can revert back to being "white" whenever convenient....

"Everyone wants to be a nigga, but no one wants to be a nigga."

-Paul Mooney
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:15:19 AM EDT
[#14]
I have gave a lot of thought to this, it is the thing to be in DFW, i think they are jealous and wish they could "gets on da welfare too ", little bastards sure as hell dont want to work!Flame away i could give a rats ass............
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:35:36 AM EDT
[#15]
I think it is the Man vs Superman Nietschze thing.  A Gangsta is above the law (in his own eyes), he is beyond good and evil, he can kill at will, etc, with no societal constraints.  As part of a gang of like minded individuals, he can walk "above the system" and dominate folks that are within the system with his "gats".  It is all about power.  He decided he did not like school (because his parents never taught him the importance of education0, so other avenues of social ascendancy are closed to him, hence he reverts back to the most basic, primitive, tribal (in the true sense) way of existing -- tribal warfare, which has been a part of man's earlier history for years.  Look at the gangs (black, hispanic, and white gangs) - each has their colors, their tatoos, their gang signs.  Now, go to primitive Borneo or the Congo.  Each "tribe" has their own colors, tatoos, and signs and signals.  Gangs war with other gangs, tribes war with other tribes, etc.

When society starts to throw off what makes us civilized, we revert to what we were before civilization.  The Gangsta lifestyle and Rap music is the glorification of the decline of civilization.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:39:59 AM EDT
[#16]
I foresee a lock in this thread's future....
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:42:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I foresee a lock in this thread's future....

Someone needs to edit out the n-word, ideally the one who posted it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:42:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Michael Savage put it best: a society is on it's way up when the poor immitate the rich, and is in decline when the rich immitate the poor.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:28:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Michael Savage put it best: a society is on it's way up when the poor immitate the rich, and is in decline when the rich immitate the poor.

That is one very interesting observation.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:32:14 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Savage Nation for life playa!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:36:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:42:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Its our fault as white middle class males.  We have oppressed other people in this country to the point that the only recourse they have is a life of crime,  That and the fact GWB is in office.  

Jeez I thought you guys knew that already.  

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:52:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Idiots gravitate toward stupidity.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:53:25 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I FULLY agree with that assessment!  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:56:17 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I just flipped to MTV while surfing the idiot box and cought Fitty Cent vidio and loost aboot half mi ique points.
What’s so attractive about this life style?
What is it about the thuggish / gang banger life style that attracts so many people?  

Chicks like bad boys, guys wanna be the bad boys chicks like
add some bling bling, rap music and some booties shak'n and you have the flava (lifestyle)
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:56:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Who cares.  One day when a race war happens,  they'll be the idiots in the middle.  Not wanted by black people and not wanted back by us.  And that's just one less person I need to worry about shooting at me with a glock turned on it's side.  I'll be 350 yards away deciding which limb I wanna put a round into first while your clearing your jammed glock.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:03:42 AM EDT
[#27]
I think it has to do with the inherent contraditions of Political Correctness and left-wing identity politics.  The Femanazis have made every form of outward masculinity taboo, and have tried to turn us into a nation of girls and neutered "males."  The exception to this is the gangsta culture because they are black, and in the perverse world of PC identity politics, blacks are even more above criticism than females.  

For those who don't understand the paper/rock/siscors game of left wing identify politics, basically the more oppressed your group is/was, the higher up you are on the food chain.  Since blacks were once slaves, they are first, and (with the exception of a few voices) the femanazis won't criticise them.  Therefore, the children flock to the one "masculine" outfit allowed.  Which, incidentally, is why all the white people want to be gangstas as well.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:11:27 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I think it has to do with the inherent contraditions of Political Correctness and left-wing identity politics.  The Femanazis have made every form of outward masculinity taboo, and have tried to turn us into a nation of girls and neutered "males."  The exception to this is the gangsta culture because they are black, and in the perverse world of PC identity politics, blacks are even more above criticism than females.  

For those who don't understand the paper/rock/siscors game of left wing identify politics, basically the more oppressed your group is/was, the higher up you are on the food chain.  Since blacks were once slaves, they are first, and (with the exception of a few voices) the femanazis won't criticise them.  Therefore, the children flock to the one "masculine" outfit allowed.  Which, incidentally, is why all the white people want to be gangstas as well.  

very true, only black males are exempt from PC.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:13:56 AM EDT
[#29]
It is TV feeding our kids the wrong message. Mainly MTV and all these back to school Rap beat commercials lately. Every advertisement I see has a Hip Hop song playing.

I love it. It is interesting. Let the idiots follow the bastards.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:19:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Because they want to look tough.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:21:10 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Idiots gravitate toward stupidity.

That is Sig line Material.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:24:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:25:47 AM EDT
[#33]
I used to be into that shit when I was younger. I liked it because it was real angry. I was a pissed off kid for a long time.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:27:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:35:14 AM EDT
[#35]

Who cares. One day when a race war happens, they'll be the idiots in the middle. Not wanted by black people and not wanted back by us. And that's just one less person I need to worry about shooting at me with a glock turned on it's side. I'll be 350 yards away deciding which limb I wanna put a round into first while your clearing your jammed glock.

Ok, I think you've got a little too much sugar in your diet there. Cut it out already.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:37:00 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
they feel powerless (they are) alone (they are) and afraid (they are) and the gangsta culture gives them a sense of power, belonging, and false courage. In short it is a shallow representation for shallow people.

That about summed it up.

Nobody knows how to define who they are on their own these days.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Well said...Iagree !!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Is there any real difference between today's glamorization of the gangsta lifestyle and the glamorization of the biker lifestyle of the 50's and 60's, made popular by movies starring Marlon Brando, etc?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:53:28 AM EDT
[#39]
It's simply a 'celebration' of illiteracy, laziness, inferiority complexes, and not being raised with anybody that gives a shit.

You don't have to achieve anything via playing by societys' rules, you can just go around trying to get your way by being an asshole.

Fuck em!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:08:52 AM EDT
[#40]
In before the lock

I feel that anyone dumb enough to emulate prison attire, and too think it is cool, has some real issues. The thug life is the easy way out. Studying, obeying the law,respecting adults, working your way up is too hard. Remeber it is the man's fault.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:45:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Sheeeeee It!  
Evabody knows........ it's sociaties fault!
Thay's all victums of society!

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:46:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Its easier to be successful, if you aspire to be a societal reject.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:49:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Power, women, money, sense of belonging, surrogate family.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:52:36 AM EDT
[#44]
lol sorry.  What I should have said was,  no one will have loyalty to them in the end.  So the feeling of "family" they get, is crap.  Better?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:54:01 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Is there any real difference between today's glamorization of the gangsta lifestyle and the glamorization of the biker lifestyle of the 50's and 60's, made popular by movies starring Marlon Brando, etc?

There is no difference between a middle class kid playing gangster and a middle class dentist playing outlaw biker IMO.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:00:09 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
they feel powerless (they are) alone (they are) and afraid (they are) and the gangsta culture gives them a sense of power, belonging, and false courage. In short it is a shallow representation for shallow people.

WELL SAID!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:02:57 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I think you have hit the nail on the head!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:52:35 PM EDT
[#48]
We do not make these scum-bags pay the price for victimizing good citizens. I personally will not put up with these young shit-bags bullying those around me. Somehow these morons got the idea that any adult person they meet is a sheeple (probably because too many are).
If more of them were shot out of their bling-bling sneakers by legally armed citizens I believe you might see a decline in the popularity of the "Thug" lifestyle/look. On a related note, why are the black
communities so-called leaders ignoring the common-sense wisdom Bill Cosby has had the guts to
stand up for. Ray
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:00:05 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

someone reads kim dutoit

i agree though - it is part of a backlash against feminism.
Make being a male taboo - you are going to have "cartoon men" - exagerrations and hyperbole.

This isn't the only reason, but it is one.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:01:25 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

B-I-N-G-O and Bingo was his namo.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top