Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2005 12:23:24 PM EDT
I don't get it.

They're playing commercials for some flick named "Hostel" that looks like it's going to be a senseless bloodbath. Then you have such wonderful examples of uplifting fare as "The Devil's Rejects".

What is it about flicks like this that make people want to see them? Just the commercials are disturbing enough....
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:24:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't believe they release movies like this around Christmas. One started the other day on Christmas. Go figure
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:27:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Hell, I remember them releasing "Silent Night Deadly Night" on Christmas.

Yeah, a movie with a psychopathic murderer dressed as Santa. Yeah, REALLY Christmasy...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:31:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I think people like them because of the adrenaline rush of being scared...if you allow yourself to be pulled in by on screen fiction.

I used to watch them. But I don't anymore. I get too pissed off by idiots without enough sense to save themselves. I see a stupid screaming woman in a room with about 15 things I could use as a weapon, and she grabs something stupid that does not do squat to a person or creature I would have already shot if it were my house.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:31:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I live for horror movies.   It must just be my warped personality.  

ETA:  Great unkown horror movie I watched last night  "High Tension"  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:32:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I do like Zombie documentaries/training videos such as Dawn of the Dead and Return of the Living Dead.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:36:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:39:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hell, I remember them releasing "Silent Night Deadly Night" on Christmas.

Yeah, a movie with a psychopathic murderer dressed as Santa. Yeah, REALLY Christmasy...

So..... ummmm..... don't watch it?

I enjoy those types of movies, and I can't understand why people flock to watch a bunch of people jabber at each other for hours in various 'dramas'.  Do I get all bent out of shape that they make them, or when they release them?  Nope.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:40:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I don't get it.

They're playing commercials for some flick named "Hostel" that looks like it's going to be a senseless bloodbath. Then you have such wonderful examples of uplifting fare as "The Devil's Rejects".

What is it about flicks like this that make people want to see them? Just the commercials are disturbing enough....

Would you rather see "Homo on the Range"?

You sound like a soccer mom.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:44:01 PM EDT
[#9]
i love horror movies, cant get enough.

but...i dont care for slasher flicks much at all.   horror movies hve to have somewhat of a supernatural undertone to be interesting to me.  mindless slashers are all the same.

some good ones ive seen recently were:  "a tale of two sisters", an excellent korean film and "whispering corridors", another korean flick.

my all time favorites are the phantasm and dawn of the dead series.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:51:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I live for horror movies.   It must just be my warped personality.  

ETA:  Great unkown horror movie I watched last night  "High Tension"  

High Tension rocked......I'm alittle disappointed with the ending though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top