Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2005 10:08:56 AM EDT
My daughter and I had a stay up night last night. We celebrated school ending for the year.
Sgtar was kind enough to take my daughter's room so her and I could watch tv and play stuffed animals in our room.And I could curl her hair, and we could spend some girl time with make up and such.
It was about 3AM, and we were beat, so off to bed.
We open our door,and the guys of the family were snoozing. So I closed thier doors, so as not to wake them with teeth brushing etc.,...
I left the doors closed and daughter and I turned out the ligths and crawled into bed. Just as we get into the bed in the dark, she jumps under the covers, covers her head and says mom look at the bathroom door quick.
I look over there only to see three small round lights dancing on the door!
Tiny, the size of a quarter. Like someone was shining a perfect little laser light at the door, but these wandered away from the door and back. Not just stayed on the door like a flashlight would. Like those fairy things do in the movie Fantasia. they were dancing.
Well, with her shaking, and me curious, I told her it was ok, and got up to check it out. The minute I threw back the covers, they disappeared.
When I stepped into the hallway, I felt a slight 'shock' like someone had rubbed thier feet on the carpet and touched me. Opene the men's doors and checked, they were still sleeping.
So I went hunting.
No lights anywhere were on. We have no windows in the living room where this hallway leads to, or I would have thought that somehow, car lights had reflected or something.
I tried going out in the back yard and shining a light to the items in my living room thru the family room windows with no luck being able to hit anything due to the damn angles of the rooms.
This is nuts, poor kid couldn't sleep! And frankly, I had a bit of a hard time myself!
Now that I sound like a freak,...[wouldn't be the first time!!!]
Anyone know what these were?????
There has to be some sort of logical explanation. right? But they didn't stay on the door. They danced back and forth to and from the door.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:10:23 AM EDT
you wouldn't believe me if I told you.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:11:09 AM EDT
tagged.

Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:12:27 AM EDT
Swamp gas from "the boys"
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:14:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dragracer_Art:
Swamp gas from "the boys"

If only!!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:15:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/25/2005 10:18:07 AM EDT by TNFrank]
Sounds like ya' have some House Wights there pard. Treat em' kindly and they'll be nice right back at ya', be mean to em' and you'll pay. Do a google on "House Wights" to learn more.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:16:03 AM EDT
Orb's!
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:17:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/25/2005 10:17:44 AM EDT by Torf]
Refractions from your engagement ring.

As soon as you radically shifted your hand, they disappeared.

It was a full moon last night.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:18:09 AM EDT
Watch out for all the cranky board crumudgeons that don't believe in fairies!
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:18:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Torf:
Refractions from your engagement ring.

As soon as you radically shifted your hand, they disappeared.

It was a full moon last night.

Nice idea, but I wasn't wearing it...or any jewelery.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:19:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/25/2005 10:20:25 AM EDT by Noname]

Tiny, the size of a quarter. Like someone was shining a perfect little laser light at the door, but these wandered away from the door and back. Not just stayed on the door like a flashlight would. Like those fairy things do in the movie Fantasia. they were dancing.
Well, with her shaking, and me curious, I told her it was ok, and got up to check it out. The minute I threw back the covers, they disappeared...

Static electricity dancing across the blankets being reflected on the bathroom door and/or that nifty 3 point aiming device the Predators use...
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:24:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:26:24 AM EDT
Sorry to far away for static electricity from blankets.. And the angles were wrong. The angles from the static of our blanket would have hit my bedroom door or wall. This hallway is at an angle. Light can't bend around a door and wall..
Good try though.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:27:27 AM EDT
Well, I work for the gov't. and could tell you all about those little lights but then I'd have to shoot myself..... wait a minute.... I'd have to .... nevermind.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:27:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:30:24 AM EDT
Told you that you wouldn't believe me.

SGat1r5
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:30:57 AM EDT
Occasionally (and only occasionally), right before I go to bed I’ll look in my bedroom closet and see this:

And then once in a while, I’ll wake up and find “CIL YOU!!!” written across the bedroom mirror. “CIL?” I’m like, “What the hell is ‘CIL’?” Sometimes it’s hard to go back to sleep – because I can never figure out what the messages mean.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:31:45 AM EDT
Did a search on wights. Don't really believe in them though to be honest. If it isn't from God, well then.... Just my opinion.

Says wights love music. We had soft music playing on the old phonograph Weird.
I did not feel fear from whatever it was. But I felt presence. My daughter of course says...
"If you are of God, you are welcome, If you are of Satan, leave in Jesus' name". She has been talking to the nun at CCD about some other occurances. The nun told her say this and don't worry,then turn over and go to sleep.
I don't mind the nun teaching her this. It gave daughter comfort. And that is what counts. But the presence was very strong for the rest of the night. Once daylight came, it is more shear, but there.

Ah well. Guess we will never have an answer....
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:32:34 AM EDT
Anyone die in yer house? Whats the history of the house?

They were probably Ghosts. Not all ghosts appear in a human form.

Of course it could be something completly explainable, but I've heard accounts of "ghosts" that would show up in similar little balls of light...... Who knows.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:33:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By sgtar15:

SGat1r5

I don't disbelieve, I just find it hard to fathom, and understand....
Adn it felt more like it was from a different outside source.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:34:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By hk940:
orbs. check them out.

Somone needs to clean thier camera lenses more often.

No really, I had the same thing happen at a suposedly haunted place on more than one occasion. But after everytime it happened, i'd clean the lenses go back and gee no more crazy lil spots(the church I used to go to was supossed to be haunted)
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:37:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/25/2005 10:38:59 AM EDT by Joyce]

Originally Posted By photoman:

Of course it could be something completly explainable, but I've heard accounts of "ghosts" that would show up in similar little balls of light...... Who knows.

Yes, three months before we moved in. Charlie who has owned the house since it was built in 1958, died in my room of kidney failure. He was good kind man from what I can find out.
There have been other occurances in the house besides this, hence why my daughter was talking to someone who gave her comfort.ie the nun she likes.
He built many things in this house. It was his life after his wife died many years ago. When I saw him before we moved in, I knew he was kind and loving. I knew he wanted us to have it and take care of it. Even though we couldn't really afford to rent here, I knew it was meant to be.
The man across the street, [Sgtar's friend who shot himself not too long ago] said Charlie was wonderful. Poor guy refused any more dialysis and just let it all go. Bill said Charlie regretted his decision to die, but it was too late. He died the next day.
I still pray for him and Bill.....
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:42:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/25/2005 10:43:19 AM EDT by photoman]

Originally Posted By Joyce:

Yes, three months before we moved in. Charlie who has owned the house since it was built in 1958, died in my room of kidney failure. He was good kind man from what I can find out.
There have been other occurances in the house besides this, hence why my daughter was talking to someone who gave her comfort.ie the nun she likes.
He built many things in this house. It was his life after his wife died many years ago. When I saw him before we moved in, I knew he was kind and loving. I knew he wanted us to have it and take care of it. Even though we couldn't really afford to rent here, I knew it was meant to be.
The man across the street, [Sgtar's friend who shot himself not too long ago] said Charlie was wonderful. Poor guy refused any more dialysis and just let it all go. Bill said Charlie regretted his decision to die, but it was too late. He died the next day.
I still pray for him and Bill.....

And you said there were three of these things floating around.....

Could have been nothing more than 3 old friends getting together someplace familiar to them.....
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:47:05 AM EDT
tag
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:50:33 AM EDT

And you said there were three of these things floating around.....

Could have been nothing more than 3 old friends getting together someplace familiar to them.....

Ah well there ya go! ya made me cry!
I think we have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is what I would like to believe at least....maybe I should thank them for sharing it with us....

Whatever it was, it was beautiful....
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 11:00:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/25/2005 11:01:16 AM EDT by Dolomite]
I know what I'd do with them the next time they show up.

Fairy dust goes for $300 an eighth downtown.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 11:06:15 AM EDT

Did a search on wights. Don't really believe in them though to be honest. If it isn't from God, well then.... Just my opinion.

Says wights love music. We had soft music playing on the old phonograph Weird.
I did not feel fear from whatever it was. But I felt presence. My daughter of course says...
"If you are of God, you are welcome, If you are of Satan, leave in Jesus' name". She has been talking to the nun at CCD about some other occurances. The nun told her say this and don't worry,then turn over and go to sleep.
I don't mind the nun teaching her this. It gave daughter comfort. And that is what counts. But the presence was very strong for the rest of the night. Once daylight came, it is more shear, but there.

Ah well. Guess we will never have an answer....

Wow. Now just set her down and show her the "Exorcist" and she'll be fine. Yepperoo. I don't see any Prozac in her future.....
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 11:08:01 AM EDT

SGat1r5

I don't disbelieve, I just find it hard to fathom, and understand....
Adn it felt more like it was from a different outside source.

It's called "projection"

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 11:08:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/25/2005 11:09:24 AM EDT by Noname]

Sorry to far away for static electricity from blankets.. And the angles were wrong. The angles from the static of our blanket would have hit my bedroom door or wall. This hallway is at an angle. Light can't bend around a door and wall..
Good try though.

You were being targeted by a Predator then and he decided you weren't a threat...

Link Posted: 5/25/2005 11:11:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By skpp108:
Wow. Now just set her down and show her the "Exorcist" and she'll be fine. Yepperoo. I don't see any Prozac in her future.....

Neither do I. Nothing wrong with the Church equiping my daughter with the sword of God to combat evil.

She learned that her life was valuable from her father first after all.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 11:11:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Noname

You were being targeted by a Predator then and he decided you weren't a threat...

I loved that movie!
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 11:12:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By skpp108:

Neither do I. Nothing wrong with the Church equiping my daughter with the sword of God to combat evil.

She learned that her life was valuable from her father first after all.

Sgatr15

Thanks. I was too angry to respond properly.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 11:15:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/25/2005 11:18:51 AM EDT by chewbacca]
Lightning balls or "ball lightning."

here
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 11:20:53 AM EDT

John Travolta saw weird lights too.
Top Top