Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2006 8:15:48 AM EDT
I've been emailing a female freind that both my wife and I know. I just ask her how things are and keep her informed of the goings on of the group of freinds we hang around. i see her occasionally when our group of freinds get together. I have never mentioned to my wife about our emails. Am I doing somehting wrong?? I havealways had many female friends espescially when I was younger.Friends only and not of a sexual nature. I  in no way intend to leave my wife or have an pysical affair with this person. She is just interesting to talk to.

Am I doing something wrong?
Should I tell my wife?

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:19:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Let your wife know that you're "talking" to her.
Innocent or not, if she finds out, you're cheating.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:21:06 AM EDT
[#2]
If you have a concern about it you should probably stop doing it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:25:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:29:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Plus 1 on all 3 of the above comments.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:33:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:36:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Are there pics available?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:41:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:42:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Here's a telling question.

Would you want her to be doing the same thing?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:48:44 AM EDT
[#9]
You actually talk to women you're not trying to bang?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:49:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Here's a telling question.

Would you want her to be doing the same thing?

The most important question.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:52:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It's your choice.

For me, my choice is to always "avoid the very appearance of evil"--so I don't have communications with other women that could possibly be misinterpreted.  She trusts me for good reason.  

ETA:  NOT saying anything improper will happen in your case, but the vast majority of affairs start this way--"she/he is just a friend and interesting to talk to."  Most people who cheat did not set out to cheat--after a period of talking and spending time together "it just happened."  

Hammer, meet nail head. +1.

I don't keep female friends. If there's a nice little chickie around, she had better be my wife's friend, and I'm not hanging out with here alone. Similarly, my wife doesn't hang out with any of my guy friends when I'm not around. You nailed it - "avoid the very appearance of evil". Sage wisdon, right there.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:02:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's your choice.

For me, my choice is to always "avoid the very appearance of evil"--so I don't have communications with other women that could possibly be misinterpreted.  She trusts me for good reason.  hing

Hammer, meet nail head. +1.

I don't keep female friends. If there's a nice little chickie around, she had better be my wife's friend, and I'm not hanging out with here alone. Similarly, my wife doesn't hang out with any of my guy friends when I'm not around. You nailed it - "avoid the very appearance of evil". Sage wisdon, right there.

"it's not what you know, it's what you can prove..."

yep yep
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top