Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/19/2006 8:15:48 AM EDT
I've been emailing a female freind that both my wife and I know. I just ask her how things are and keep her informed of the goings on of the group of freinds we hang around. i see her occasionally when our group of freinds get together. I have never mentioned to my wife about our emails. Am I doing somehting wrong?? I havealways had many female friends espescially when I was younger.Friends only and not of a sexual nature. I in no way intend to leave my wife or have an pysical affair with this person. She is just interesting to talk to.

Am I doing something wrong?
Should I tell my wife?

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:19:24 AM EDT
Let your wife know that you're "talking" to her.
Innocent or not, if she finds out, you're cheating.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:21:06 AM EDT
If you have a concern about it you should probably stop doing it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:25:53 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:29:00 AM EDT
Plus 1 on all 3 of the above comments.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:33:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/19/2006 8:35:42 AM EDT by thebeekeeper1]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:36:11 AM EDT
Are there pics available?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:41:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:42:04 AM EDT
Here's a telling question.

Would you want her to be doing the same thing?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:48:44 AM EDT
You actually talk to women you're not trying to bang?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:49:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PosterChild:
Here's a telling question.

Would you want her to be doing the same thing?

The most important question.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:52:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By thebeekeeper1:
It's your choice.

For me, my choice is to always "avoid the very appearance of evil"--so I don't have communications with other women that could possibly be misinterpreted. She trusts me for good reason.

ETA: NOT saying anything improper will happen in your case, but the vast majority of affairs start this way--"she/he is just a friend and interesting to talk to." Most people who cheat did not set out to cheat--after a period of talking and spending time together "it just happened."

Hammer, meet nail head. +1.

I don't keep female friends. If there's a nice little chickie around, she had better be my wife's friend, and I'm not hanging out with here alone. Similarly, my wife doesn't hang out with any of my guy friends when I'm not around. You nailed it - "avoid the very appearance of evil". Sage wisdon, right there.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:02:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SubnetMask:

Originally Posted By thebeekeeper1:
It's your choice.

For me, my choice is to always "avoid the very appearance of evil"--so I don't have communications with other women that could possibly be misinterpreted. She trusts me for good reason. hing

Hammer, meet nail head. +1.

I don't keep female friends. If there's a nice little chickie around, she had better be my wife's friend, and I'm not hanging out with here alone. Similarly, my wife doesn't hang out with any of my guy friends when I'm not around. You nailed it - "avoid the very appearance of evil". Sage wisdon, right there.

"it's not what you know, it's what you can prove..."

yep yep
Top Top