Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/8/2013 7:52:41 PM EDT
I know that Harry Reid is pro gun and voted against the 94 ban but since he basicaly controls what bills go to the floor in the senate I thiught it was worth asking if he has made any statement indicating his stance on a new AWB?
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#1]
His stance will be whatever Barry tells him it will be.

Edit: Actually, if it becomes known the House will kill it, he'll come out against it for show. If it looks like it has a chance in the house, he'll be solidly on board with Dumb and Dumber.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I assume he is a wannabe totalitarian just like the rest of the rat brigade, no?

There's your answer.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Lockstep with the libtards, I guaranfuckin'tee it.

Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm curious if any of our NV members have written and received a response from his office.

eta herped
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:58:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know where he'll go on this.  He might chuck his past careful 2A-friendly persona if he's thinking of retiring...he is getting pretty old.  I haven't yet gotten any replies to the messages I've sent to his office on the subject, still waiting.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:58:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I'm curious if any of our UT members have written and received a response from his office.

You mean NV.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:58:41 PM EDT
[#8]
If he uses his authority as Senate Majority Leader to try to stop it, there will be a new Majority Leader.

So he will remain very quiet and try to tell his voters in Nevada that he is on their side while he is helping to disarm them.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 8:00:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Pro-Fudd
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 8:01:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If he uses his authority as Senate Majority Leader to try to stop it, there will be a new Majority Leader.

So he will remain very quiet and try to tell his voters in Nevada that he is on their side while he is helping to disarm them.

I don't see him being able to stop a vote, but I do wonder how he himself will vote.  

Link Posted: 1/8/2013 8:02:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I'm curious if any of our UT members have written and received a response from his office.

I doubt it since he is represents Nevada.

Link Posted: 1/8/2013 8:07:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/8/2013 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/13/1/7/eKUOlJqWgUKbzUBrww7WAA2.jpg

Link Posted: 1/8/2013 8:10:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Goddamnit I know he's from Nevada  

No use now.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 8:11:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't see him being able to stop a vote, but I do wonder how he himself will vote.  

One thing you have to give libs is they stand strong on their principles and never cave on them. We'll see if his pro gun stance this time was just a persona he used to stay in office or if he really believes in the 2nd. If he keeps gun control from coming to a vote in the senate with all the pressure he is getting then we'll know for sure he is truly pro gun. I think he'll cave and try to play both sides by allowing a vote but voting against it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#16]
He hasn't answered my emails, either.

You can never tell with Dingy Harry
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 8:20:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Edit: Actually, if it becomes known the House will kill it, he'll come out against it for show. If it looks like it has a chance in the house, he'll be solidly on board with Dumb and Dumber.

I think he's for it, and he will be for it at least initially.  IF he's against it, then he will work behind the scenes to avoid bringing it to a vote if and even then only if it looks like it either will not pass anyway or would only scrape by with a few votes.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 8:22:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#19]
You actually have to ask?  If he is a Senate Democrat, that is an easy question to answer.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 8:37:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Don't count on Harry. Somebody please explain this nuclear option to me. My head hurts, I can't do any more research tonight, I'm burned out...

I'm not sure about the website before it's news, don't know if they are legit. The article seems to be a re-post  from GOA.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 8:39:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Goddamnit I know he's from Nevada  

No use now.

Ah fuck it they're all the same Mormon/Mexocan.............
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 8:42:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Pro-bolt action?

Link Posted: 1/8/2013 8:46:04 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

He's already publicly supported a ban (recently).  This is a huge departure from his past stance.  

Has he been quoted as actually saying so?  

All I've seen is him basically giving lip service to "opening the discussion" and other such non committal responses but nothing concrete.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 8:51:08 PM EDT
[#24]
What day is it? Depends in the day. Also, he was against illegal aliens before he was for them
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 9:12:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Prefers a WIDE stance
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 9:21:01 PM EDT
[#26]
I remember seeing a couple years ago that Arsenal was a fairly large contributor to his campaign. In fact there was a movement on here to boycott Arsenal because of it.

ETA: I don't know how that would influence his stance now. Here's to hoping they paid him enough.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No, no, he does represent UT.  We aren't responsible for him, I swear!
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 10:05:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
He's already publicly supported a ban (recently).  This is a huge departure from his past stance.  

Not that I've seen, where was this?
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Don't count on Harry. Somebody please explain this nuclear option to me. My head hurts, I can't do any more research tonight, I'm burned out...

I'm not sure about the website before it's news, don't know if they are legit. The article seems to be a re-post  from GOA.

typical goa fearmongering
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 10:20:03 PM EDT
[#30]
One of his advisers was quoted on CNN tonight saying his opinion is changing and is different than it was in 2010. They also played a clip of him after Newtown saying something about it being clear we are not doing enough to protect someone (kids, citizens, I can't remember).

I think he's flopped.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 10:37:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

No, no, he does represent UT.  We aren't responsible for him, I swear!

Dont you be putting that on us!

Link Posted: 1/8/2013 10:56:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm curious if any of our NV members have written and received a response from his office.  

eta herped

Nope.  Never answered any of my emails.

F* Reid.  He's a puppet like the rest of them.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 11:02:07 PM EDT
[#33]

Yup.

Just like all of them.

I suspect he secretly hopes that nothing will happen in the house and he won't need to schedule something on the floor of the senate.

But it would be impossible to stop serious pressure from the white house and other senate dems.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 11:04:34 PM EDT
[#34]
I must differ.

I see the Dingy One backing a ban ONLY if he knows it's DOA.

I see him defending his NRA stance via a Fudd qualifier if it's too close to call.

I see him waxing self-righteously in any case.

I see him gleefully gargling the spodee of boygoats, even with mushroom clouds upon the Western NV sky.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 11:07:24 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

One of his advisers was quoted on CNN tonight saying his opinion is changing and is different than it was in 2010. They also played a clip of him after Newtown saying something about it being clear we are not doing enough to protect someone (kids, citizens, I can't remember).

I think he's flopped.

non-committal bullshit.

It's what all politicians do when they don't know which way public opinion will lead.  He can push for a full blown semi-auto ban, or just push for better reporting of mental cases to NICS, depending on which way the wind blows, all the time saying that he's "protecting children"

This is why it's important to call your reps, especially if they are near the middle like Reid is.   They do add up those calls and they do change things.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 2:14:01 AM EDT
[#36]
He's a political animal. He has no alliegances to his constituency. He's an underhanded, compromised self-interested boil upon the surface of humanity. He's a pathological liar. He's a closet NAMBLA member. Good chance he's a clinical psychopath. He's bad news.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 2:42:10 AM EDT
[#37]
I wish I knew.

I hope he'll be opposed to it. He can just say the bill doesn't do enough to protect the rights of law abiding citizens or something.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 2:49:02 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I must differ.

I see the Dingy One backing a ban ONLY if he knows it's DOA.

I see him defending his NRA stance via a Fudd qualifier if it's too close to call.

I see him waxing self-righteously in any case.

I see him gleefully gargling the spodee of boygoats, even with mushroom clouds upon the Western NV sky.

Last line made me LOL.  

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:44:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Sen. Reid doesn't answer many of my letters.  Sen. Heller does and is pro 2A.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:59:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:06:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This is the correct answer.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:07:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

First post truth.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:16:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

First post nails the fuck out of it.

May the fuck be upon all of them.

MOLON LABE BITCHES!!!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:18:52 AM EDT
[#44]
If he is against it, it will never see the light of day.

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:34:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Havent heard a response from him, but I expect it to be the usual whitewash shit he sends out.

Yes, Vartan supported him:
http://www.harryreid.com/index.php/news/release/nevada_business_leaders_sign_letter_supporting_reid_denouncing_angle_o/

So did the NRA, with financial support and almost an official endorsement over the solidly Pro-RKBA Angle.

I keep hearing that elections have consequences.

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:26:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:29:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:41:55 AM EDT
[#48]
As a Democrat his official stance is that of the Democrat Party: Hardcore anti-2nd.

But, he did promise his constituents that he would support the 2nd Amendment.

He will broker back-room deals, and push for an AWB, broker the bill, get a count on the final numbers, then vote against it when the cameras are rolling, and he knows his vote won't count.

As a Democrat, no one should be asking what his foundational belief is on an AWB. We can read in plain-English the Democrat Party's anti-2nd stance on guns.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:49:13 AM EDT
[#49]
He has "changed" since 2010.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:52:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

eta herped

Written, auto bullshit response. He has been in the past Pro 2A. but he has intentionally stone walled legislation for things like national CCW coverage and things of this nature. When it's all said and done he is self serving. So if it will benefit him in some way he will do it, otherwise fuck you.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top