Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 4:09:44 AM EDT
I don't know what the rules are and some of my posts have been locked seemingly because we are shooting Q&A back and forth.

Why do my posts that have to do with trades and sales keep getting locked even though they are in the equipment exchange. What is the point of the EE if you can't exchange?

They said I was bumping my ad whatever that means. My last post was about trading a scope for a red dot and it wass locked in 10 minutes without any replies.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:16:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Rules of the EE are listed on the EE. They are very good at enforcement of those rules.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:27:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Read the rules!  I've done some stuff on EE and not had any problems.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:30:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:43:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I can see that they enforce the rules allright. Man they are on me like flies on u know what.

I also think people that make a cop feel threatened for his life deserve to be exterminated not merely wounded so our system can let them out one day to be their loser selves again. If someone threatens my life they are going down because I would shoot to instantly stop them. Heart or head shots are the only way to go.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:46:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:10:21 AM EDT
[#6]
what do you mean by " your posting-fu is weak"?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:50:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
what do you mean by " your posting-fu is weak"?

"Fu is a suffix coined from the popular Western usage of kung fu, and used to denote particular "mastery" of a subject, such as anime fu, cooking fu, math fu, etc."

What WAVE meant was that you had the opportunity to start a different thread with your second comment (since it seems that it has nothing to do with your original post), but you did not. Hence "your posting-fu is weak."
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:53:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hence "your posting-fu is weak."

That's funny.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:59:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:03:14 AM EDT
[#10]
What'd you do... join just to sell stuff anyway?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:14:00 AM EDT
[#11]
OK here you go...whenever someone (even you) submits a new post to a thread, it bumps the thread to the top of all of the other threads (BTT=bump to top). In the equipment exchange, you are not allowed to post to your own thread within 72 hours of the last time you posted to your own thread. You must edit your original post to add info to your thread.

To work out details with other members, you must use the instant message feature of the site ("IM USER") or email.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:39:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Okay now I understand. Thanks BarrelBurner. I am new to the site and was having trouble understanding what I was doing wrong. The moderators did'nt answer my questions very well. They just used a bunch of abbreviations I did'nt know.

No I did'nt join just to sell stuff. If you read my other threads you would'nt have even asked that. There was only one post really, I just kept messing up and getting it locked.

I thought being a member on  this site would be cooler. But too many people throw attitude at me for no reason. I say chill out, and you are taking stuff too serious. This site is supposed to be informative and profitable for all.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:08:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I say chill out, and you are taking stuff too serious. This site is supposed to be informative and profitable for all.

Rules are rules.  Try saying "chill out" to a cop as he writes you a traffic ticket.  A forum with no rules turns into chaos so fast it will make your fu spin.  

While the site may be informative to all, it's supposed to be profitable for the site owners and paid vendors.  Whatever gave you the idea that the site was put here to be profitable for YOU?  Your posting-fu isn't the only fu you need to work on.   Don't tell me, let me guess, you're in college, right?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:09:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Okay now I understand. Thanks BarrelBurner. I am new to the site and was having trouble understanding what I was doing wrong. The moderators did'nt answer my questions very well. They just used a bunch of abbreviations I did'nt know.

No I did'nt join just to sell stuff. If you read my other threads you would'nt have even asked that. There was only one post really, I just kept messing up and getting it locked.

I thought being a member on  this site would be cooler. But too many people throw attitude at me for no reason. I say chill out, and you are taking stuff too serious. This site is supposed to be informative and profitable for all.

You are welcome..I spend more time on the AK-47 side of the site, where we pride ourselves in having less attitude and more helpfulness.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:31:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:35:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:37:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I spend more time on the AK-47 side of the site, where we pride ourselves in having less attitude and more helpfulness.

Yeah. Yeah.  You Commies are "good people".
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:02:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Thank you Leisure and #rdpig for proving what I stated earlier about the attitude problems. I know the rules are there for a reason thats why I created a post to help me sort out exactly what I was doing wrong. And the way I see it the sight was created for all to profit or there would be no Equipment Exchange. Let me guess your one of those guys who thinks he knows everything. Now this is the part where you get upset and say something mean in reply. Why would I tell a cop to chill out for pulling me over? The reason I said the moderators needed to chill was because they were all over me at first without helping me figure out what I was doing wrong. So if people feel the need to say negative thingsgo post elsewhere. I for one joined this site to make friends and learn things as well as pass on the little knowledge I have.

Are you calling people a commie just because they own an AK? I'll bet there is some meds in your cabinet you should probably be taking on a more consistent basis. People who are'nt narrow minded also have the ability to see the good that the AK weapons have done in the world. They have provided people and nations with little money a great weapon to defend themselves with. Al you know is what the media gives you on a platter go learn something.

And what does being in college have to do with anything. I am 27 and just started going to college last year. Are you one of those hillbillies who are jealous that you stayed in the same unrewarding career instead of having the courage to leave your career like I did and take a chance on bettering yourself? That's okay because when I am engineering weapons for FN Herstal you'll be wishing you could buy gthe stuff I design.

Sorry so long winded I just get sick of people acting like jerks for no reason. My apologies and I think that with the help of the modrators I have figured out how to stop breaking the rules.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:16:18 AM EDT
[#19]
klassik,

You need to keep a few things in mind...what you percieve as attitude between members is often just a bunch of us talking shit with guys we have been bs'ing with for years here. After a while you develop a certain way of expression and we tend to joke around a lot. We arent too serious or uptight, its just that a lot of us have gotten comfortable with other folks here, many even know each other outside the site.

Dont be so insulted by the commentary here, its the internet....none of it matters.

You will find a lot of great folks here and a ton of info about shooting.
Enjoy you stay. I think if you stand back and take inventory after some time you will find the moderators to not only be helpful, but the main reason this site continues to exist.

Welcome - settle in before making too many judgements about the site or the folks that post here. You dont know us and we dont know you. This is a good little corner of the Internet.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:41:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Lawdog?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:44:30 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
klassik,

You need to keep a few things in mind...what you percieve as attitude between members is often just a bunch of us talking shit with guys we have been bs'ing with for years here. After a while you develop a certain way of expression and we tend to joke around a lot. We arent too serious or uptight, its just that a lot of us have gotten comfortable with other folks here, many even know each other outside the site.

Dont be so insulted by the commentary here, its the internet....none of it matters.

You will find a lot of great folks here and a ton of info about shooting.
Enjoy you stay. I think if you stand back and take inventory after some time you will find the moderators to not only be helpful, but the main reason this site continues to exist.

Welcome - settle in before making too many judgements about the site or the folks that post here. You dont know us and we dont know you. This is a good little corner of the Internet.

Be aware that you have to sift thru the misinformation, trolls, and idiots first.  The first thing you will want to do is establish in your mind who those people are and take them for what they are worth.  The good information and people will be obvious.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:49:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Okay now I understand. Thanks BarrelBurner. I am new to the site and was having trouble understanding what I was doing wrong. The moderators did'ntdidn't answer my questions very well. They just used a bunch of abbreviations I did'nt know.

No I did'ntdidn't join just to sell stuff. If you read my other threads you would'ntwouldn't have even asked that. There was only one post really, I just kept messing up and getting it locked.

Fixed it for ya.

You need to think about what you are saying when you post.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:57:53 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Thank you Leisure and #rdpig for proving what I stated earlier about the attitude problems. I know the rules are there for a reason thats why I created a post to help me sort out exactly what I was doing wrong. And the way I see it the sight was created for all to profit or there would be no Equipment Exchange. Let me guess your one of those guys who thinks he knows everything. Now this is the part where you get upset and say something mean in reply. Why would I tell a cop to chill out for pulling me over? The reason I said the moderators needed to chill was because they were all over me at first without helping me figure out what I was doing wrong. So if people feel the need to say negative thingsgo post elsewhere. I for one joined this site to make friends and learn things as well as pass on the little knowledge I have.

Are you calling people a commie just because they own an AK? I'll bet there is some meds in your cabinet you should probably be taking on a more consistent basis. People who are'nt narrow minded also have the ability to see the good that the AK weapons have done in the world. They have provided people and nations with little money a great weapon to defend themselves with. Al you know is what the media gives you on a platter go learn something.

And what does being in college have to do with anything. I am 27 and just started going to college last year. Are you one of those hillbillies who are jealous that you stayed in the same unrewarding career instead of having the courage to leave your career like I did and take a chance on bettering yourself? That's okay because when I am engineering weapons for FN Herstal you'll be wishing you could buy gthe stuff I design.

Sorry so long winded I just get sick of people acting like jerks for no reason. My apologies and I think that with the help of the modrators I have figured out how to stop breaking the rules.

Hoooo Doggie! I'd have thought they was teachin English in them big ole fancy schools. If I'da knowed I could go to college and not have to learn spellin....

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:09:50 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I can see that they enforce the rules allright. Man they are on me like flies on u know what.

Yeah, they enforce the BTT rule strictly.

Others don't seem to be followed much at all, like:
  12) Once your item is sold, edit only the title of the ad to append "SOLD" to the exisitng title. Do not delete/edit the original title, ad text, or asking price. Adding a notice to the ad text that states the item is sold is acceptable.

But I'm not whining... it's a ton of work that those guys do, and they're volunteers.  Gotta appreciate that.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:12:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:14:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Who here can take a full power shot from Klassik ? Anyone ? Didn't think so..
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:40:33 AM EDT
[#27]

Klassik,

You have now painted a bullseye on yourself.  Read more and post less for a while & you will see that many here personally attack others without getting corrected. (You really must know the order of things if you expect to stay...)  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:03:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Some of you people are ridiculous.
A target on myself, correcting my spelling and just flat out proving my point about people being jerks. I knew this post would bring out all of the a-holes.
All of you guys with nothing nice to say, move out of your mom's house, she ashamed of you.

All of the productive people, thanks for your insight.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:09:27 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Some of you people are ridiculous. A target on myself, correcting my spelling and just flat out proving my point about people being jerks. I knew this post would bring out all of the a-holes.
All of you guys with nothing nice to say, move out of your mom's house, she ashamed of you.
All of the productive people, thanks for your insight.

Dude, let's review, shall we?

I thought being a member on this site would be cooler. But too many people throw attitude at me for no reason. I say chill out, and you are taking stuff too serious. This site is supposed to be informative and profitable for all.

Let me guess your one of those guys who thinks he knows everything.

I'll bet there is some meds in your cabinet you should probably be taking on a more consistent basis.

Al you know is what the media gives you on a platter go learn something.

Are you one of those hillbillies who are jealous that you stayed in the same unrewarding career instead of having the courage to leave your career like I did and take a chance on bettering yourself? That's okay because when I am engineering weapons for FN Herstal you'll be wishing you could buy gthe stuff I design.

Nope. Can't see where anyone might inferr attitude from your posts at all...

If you're gonna poke the other posters with your rapier wit, don't be surprised when someone better at subtle sarcasm than you takes offense and responds.

GT
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:13:31 AM EDT
[#30]
If you read the posts completely you would see that mine were all responses to someone being a jerk. And then you edit out anything good that I said. You jerks are so great at exposing yourselves.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:16:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:16:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Congrats on your first locked GD post. Standing by on more to come.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top