Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/12/2004 12:35:42 PM EST
What if all the firearms manufactures united into one organization, say United Firearm Manufactures, to stop gun control. Basically telling each individual state that if they pass anymore gun control laws, they will cease to sell that state's law enforcement any weapons or any of their products. Any federal gun control legislation and federal law enforcement is cut off. Would this be legal even? Just thinking of Barrett's possible decision on not selling to CA law enforcement and wondering what if it was extended past Barrett and past CA.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:37:16 PM EST
Unrealistic... Government contracts are the most desired by manufacturers...
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:37:57 PM EST
Well, since State and Federal contracts are the bread and butter of most US gun manufacturers - and since State and Federal purchasers can buy comparable products from overseas manufacturers - it would be a gigantic shooting-yourself-in-the-foot move for US gun manufacturers.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:40:41 PM EST
In other words, you want them to form a cartel to obtain a political goal.

Cartels don't work, there is to much incentive for individual members to break rank and engage in trade. I'm afraid that the individual incentive always outways the collective interest in these things.

However, I'm pretty sure that theway things are now, the feds would step in and force the gun companies to sell to restrictive states, even before the cartel fell on its own. It isn't like we live in a free market . . .
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:41:08 PM EST
What if we just accepted the fact that it is our individual responsibility to defend our own rights and that there are no knights in shining armor that are going to do the heavy lifting for us?

Sweet Jesus! What is this fascination with corporations and so-called corporate power? It's all about people. Not only are corporations not people, they aren't even a tangible item. It's simply a group, any broup of people working together.

Just as God accepts only individuals into heaven, you get what you want through your own efforts.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:42:28 PM EST
I could be wrong, but I think doing something like that would be illegal under U.S. anti-trust laws.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:46:11 PM EST
Then H&K would laugh and continue to support LE ONLY.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:46:41 PM EST
Civilian gun manufacturing in this country is a relatively small business.

The tobacco companies with all their money could hold off lawsuits on a GOVERMENT subsided product so just how long do you think gun civilian manufactures can hold out if we get a hostile President, Congress, and more liberal judges.

We are one election away from Canada/Australia type regulation.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:48:27 PM EST
HERE IN LOUISIANA FORD WAS REFUSING TO SELL CROWN VICS TO THE COPS BECAUSE THEY WERE BEING SUED BY THEM FOR UNSAFE VEHICLES. I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED BUT THE JUDGE SAID THEY COULD DO IT.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:49:23 PM EST

Originally Posted By LoginName:
I could be wrong, but I think doing something like that would be illegal under U.S. anti-trust laws.

+1 I think
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:50:36 PM EST
problem is CA is like the biggest buyer of handguns and has the most laws.
Top Top