Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/11/2004 10:29:25 AM EDT
Well, the gun control debate between Lapierre and Soros puppet Peters is comming up tomorrow, and it got me thinking...

Lets say that somehow, Peters managed to get the get the UN to get the United States to "toe the line" regarding global gun control in 2006.  January 01 comes and the United States Government says "hand in your guns"....

What do YOU think would happen?

and

If you feel like answering, what would YOU do about it?

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:30:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think it would happen.

If it ever does happen it will not be pretty.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:31:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I agree
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:31:58 AM EDT
[#3]
The good thing about the UN is their forces wear those nice light blue helments.

Gives a nice target to shoot at.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:32:41 AM EDT
[#4]
<-----------------------
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:35:44 AM EDT
[#5]
WOLVERINES!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:35:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Revolution.

CW
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:40:02 AM EDT
[#7]
WOLVERINES!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:40:49 AM EDT
[#8]
The aftermath would make Rosie'O look cute.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:41:00 AM EDT
[#9]
99% of the people will just turn them in...

What do you honestly think will happen?

WAR?

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:41:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Well, the gun control debate between Lapierre and Soros puppet Peters is comming up tomorrow, and it got me thinking...

Lets say that somehow, Peters managed to get the get the UN to get the United States to "toe the line" regarding global gun control in 2006.  January 01 comes and the United States Government says "hand in your guns"....

and

The same thing I'd do if the Martians invaded.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:42:03 AM EDT
[#11]
vote

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:42:11 AM EDT
[#12]
January 1 2006  - Open season on all blue helmets.   No daily bag limit.  

If they try to take my gun, It will be muzzle end first with my finger on the trigger.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:42:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

WAR?

Are you in the 99%? Just curious
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:44:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:44:23 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

MY only respnse would be - MOLON LABE!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:44:42 AM EDT
[#16]
I certainly hope that more than 1% of the population would resist. I certainly wouldn't be handing any of the blue hemets my guns.

MOLON LABE!!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:48:47 AM EDT
[#17]
I for one wish the RKBA community would QUIT wasting time on boogeymen, and start REALLY going after stripping the existing unnecessary firearms laws from the books.
We spurted when the AWB EXPIRED for F'f sake. Couldn't stop it being enacted, the NRA imitated Kruschev inneffectually banging his shoe on the podium for all the effect they had on the issue, and for TEN YEARS accomplished nothing wrt repealing the AWB.

Please, let's quit reacting to the LLLeft's attacks, and START being the ones to drive the firearms law agenda.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:51:06 AM EDT
[#18]
the problem is it wouldn't be a blue helmet doing the collecting.  It would be the police or national guard.  

It would be very easy to give up your guns hoping to fight it with the legal system.

I hope I never have to make the choice to give up my gun or shoot at other Americans.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:53:23 AM EDT
[#19]

I for one wish the RKBA community would QUIT wasting time on boogeymen, and start REALLY going after stripping the existing unnecessary firearms laws from the books.
We spurted when the AWB EXPIRED for F'f sake. Couldn't stop it being enacted, the NRA imitated Kruschev inneffectually banging his shoe on the podium for all the effect they had on the issue, and for TEN YEARS accomplished nothing wrt repealing the AWB.

Please, let's quit reacting to the LLLeft's attacks, and START being the ones to drive the firearms law agenda.

One of the best posts ever made on this board.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:53:41 AM EDT
[#20]
I cannot believe that some people so easily forget that we are a Constitutional Republic and we elect leaders to govern our citizenry.  I don't remember casting a ballot for anyone at the UN.  The problem is...Appeals Court and even Supreme Court justices have addressed the reference of International Law when no US Court case has been set as a precedent.  

I have always been proud of the fact that the United States is a SOVEREIGN nation.  I should only hope that other Americans will feel the same way when our sovereignty is threatened as it is in this case.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:53:51 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WAR?

Are you in the 99%? Just curious

Are you a Fed?...Just curious?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:54:42 AM EDT
[#22]
many gun owners would hand them in
the ones that didn't would be branded terrorists and villified by the mass media
there'd be issolated cases of shootings of gov't officials, especially those responsible for getting the US into the UN problem, most likely as they left their house in the morning for work
the baby blue colored helmets of the UN soldiers would be discovered to stand out and make good targets in wooded areas
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:55:26 AM EDT
[#24]
And before some smug ass asks - here's how -

Find some state on the cusp of CCW legislation and back it to the hilt.
Find some reps like Feinswine and DESTROY them politically - Schumer is vulnerable as hell and nobody goes after him. Sam with Daschle. Same with Boxer.
Get some PRO-Firearm legislation proposed - is there EVER any? never hear of any, never read of any - wtf Pro-gun legislation has the 'NRA Stamp of Approval' Pols proposed lately? Legislative committees should be FLOODED with it.

Time for VPC, Brady et al to be scrambling to debunk OUR legislation and press releases.

Time for LaPierre to stop jerking off, and the NRA en toto to start really educating the public - how many people do you know that have no fucking idea what the AWB was about, or think it has ANYTHING to do with fully-automatic weapons, almost ELEVEN YEARS after it was first proposed?
Why has that ignorance been allowed to stand unchallenged for so long?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:03:24 AM EDT
[#25]
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:03:32 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I cannot believe that some people so easily forget that we are a Constitutional Republic and we elect leaders to govern our citizenry.  I don't remember casting a ballot for anyone at the UN.  The problem is...Appeals Court and even Supreme Court justices have addressed the reference of International Law when no US Court case has been set as a precedent.  

I have always been proud of the fact that the United States is a SOVEREIGN nation.  I should only hope that other Americans will feel the same way when our sovereignty is threatened as it is in this case.

The citizenry has been brainwashed to believe that we are a democracy.
And you expect them to view the UN as having no authority over the US?

+1

I was helping my little brother with some homework the other night and he was learning about government. He had to know different definitions like, democracy, republic, dictatorship, monarchy, etc. I asked him what kind of government we had here in the USA and he said democracy. I then asked him to say The Pledge of Allegiance for me, but he didn't know it well enough to recite it

So, I said it for him and made sure I stressed and paused on, " I pledge allegiance to The Flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands..."

I then asked him again, what form of government do we have in the USA? He got the point...a republic. Then I made sure to explain to him the key differences between a republic and a democracy and told him to never let anyone try and tell him that we live in a democracy. If anyone tries to argue otherwise to simply recite The Pledge of Allegiance.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:04:59 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Time for LaPierre to stop jerking off, and the NRA en toto to start really educating the public - how many people do you know that have no fucking idea what the AWB was about, or think it has ANYTHING to do with fully-automatic weapons, almost ELEVEN YEARS after it was first proposed?

Why has that ignorance been allowed to stand unchallenged for so long?

You are spot on!...

The answr to your question can be 1/2 answrd  in the first part of your statement, The second half is because Gun owners are lazy...
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:05:00 AM EDT
[#28]
I wish they would do that in such a maner, instead of the Fabian incrementalization they are using-it'd be easier to fight.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:06:07 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

+1
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:09:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:10:30 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

We have a winner.

The ones who don't turn them in will be discussed as nut-cases on internet discussion forums.  No one will aid them.

Scott
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:12:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Lets face it, if the National Guard (who would enforce the order) came door to door with infantry squads and uparmored HMMWVs, most of y'all would turn them in (if you hadn't buried them.
Now, the real question is, would the national guard enforce the order.
I don't think so.
You would have a serious question of whether to order would be obeyed.
I don't think cops would think twice to disarm the populace, however.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:12:35 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
The good thing about the UN is their forces wear those nice light blue helments.

Gives a nice target to shoot at.

All joking aside......the U.N. becomes "Instant Enemy"!!

I have NO reservation making a foreign blue helmet a target.

Any Domestic Blue Helmet is just STUPID!......and deserves what they get.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:14:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Let's see they send over the Europeans... the ones whose ass we saved and the ones who's ass we kicked.... no problem
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:16:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:17:14 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

and

Won't happen if GW is President...

Remember, we have an ABSOLUTE veto over ANYTHING the UN does.

This is the ONE merit of the US remaining in the UN, we can say 'Oh no you DON'T' and they MUST listen.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:17:33 AM EDT
[#37]
I could only hope that Kofi Annan himself would come to my door to confiscate my guns.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:18:08 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Let's see they send over the Europeans... the ones whose ass we saved and the ones who's ass we kicked.... no problem

Oh-Please let them be French Troop's!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:18:27 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lets face it, if the National Guard (who would enforce the order) came door to door with infantry squads and uparmored HMMWVs, most of y'all would turn them in (if you hadn't buried them.
I don't think so.

Every cop would have to be SWAT trained and equipped.  The logistics of a total gun ban are enormous.

Tell that to Austrailia and Britain.  The real question is, would the police robotically go about enforcing an obviously unconstitutional action.  Officers here, please inform us.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:21:35 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I don't think so.

I think if your command staff has to balls to do it, The guard units have more than enough younger kids that are willing to follow....
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:22:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:23:31 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
WOLVERINES!

all that hates gonna burn you up kid..

keeps me warm
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:25:05 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree

+1.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:25:35 AM EDT
[#44]
If  300 employees of a PMC can defeat and control a army of over 10,000, then 5000 U.N. troops come in to the same country after it is secure and 500 of them get kidnapped and murdered and the rest aren't allowed to or do not react to such an action against them.... i doubt they would be very safe in the US without the support of the U.S. Federal agencies or Military.

In that case, i hope there are enough people working for those agencies or are in the military who will defend this country against the dometic enemies who would support and pass a bill like that in this country.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I don't think so.

Bring it.  Yeah, they'll get me...but I only have ONE funeral to worry about.  There'll be a lot of widows and orphans crying before it's over, though.  And yeah, if they pick where they call the units from they'll have no trouble getting them to do it.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:27:28 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't think so.

I think you sort of have that in reverse.  I think most of the cops I know would not go out of their way to look for guns.  They would certainly take those used in the commission of a crime, but I know damned few who would be willing to go door to door at the behest of the UN.  The national gaurd I'm not so sure about.  They followed orders at Kent State, they'll follow orders on main street.

You are a cop
I am a guardsman.
I am fairly confident that most guardsman would tell anyone giving that order to, "Fuck off!"
Remember, we have no pension (generally speaking) or job to protect.   We serve because we feel like it.  If the guard kicks us out, its no big deal.
cops would be thinking about their jobs, their families, their pensions.
Guardsmen need think only about their oath and their conscience.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:28:17 AM EDT
[#47]
I have yet to hear a thing from the GOP(state, local or national) in support of the republican candidate against schumer. the conservative party person has at least gotten some commercials on the air

Quoted:
Find some reps like Feinswine and DESTROY them politically - Schumer is vulnerable as hell and nobody goes after him.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:30:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Thats when the war begins, of course.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:30:08 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I don't think so.

I have to respectfully disagree. If the National Guard was going house to house with infantry and armor support to confiscate people's guns, then it would be a clear signal to everyone in the world that America had come to an end!

I for one would fear nothing more than the oppression that would surely follow.

Besides, the combined might of the USAF, US Navy, USMC, US Army, National Guard, Reserves, Iraqi National Guard and Iraqi police have been unable to disarm a couple thousand untrained "Insurgents" and militias. I personally don't beleive that American National Guard units would be able to quell a well armed and organized popular uprising in this country.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:37:35 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Read the Constitution more closely.  The President has the authority to sign ANY legitimate treaty between nations and submit it to the Senate for ratification.  Once the Senate ratifies the treaty, it becomes THE LAW OF THE LAND.  Once that happens, the only way to get rid of it is to challenge it in court and hope the SCOTUS finds it unconstitutional and voids it.  Judging the way our courts have been going, I would bet they would let a treaty invalidating the 2nd Amendment stand.

BTW, when we sign a "UN" treaty (and we have signed several) we are not entering into a treaty with the UN, we are entering a treaty with the nations that have also signed and ratified such treaty.  Various international telecommunications treaties and the Safety Of Life At Sea (SOLAS) treay are but two examples.  The UN is merely the vehicle by which countries come together to propse multinational treaties.  We can also enter in bilateral or multilateral treaties without the help of the UN.  The State Department does that by dealing with the Foreign Ministries of the countries in question.

Our best hope is making sure that we

A) Elect a President that WILL NOT sign any UN Small Arms treaties that include the regulation of civilian arms ownership and posession

AND

B) Electing a Senate that will NOT ratify any such treaty in the President is asshole enough to sign one.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top