Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2011 9:12:16 AM EDT
Ive got 2 pairs of skullcandy headphones. One has the strait down cords and the other set has a heavier ear bud and fits into your inner ear with the cord looping over the top of the ear before going down.

Neither of the designs even with the large fittings stays in when I run.  

So what do you guys recommend? I see Adidas is paired with a company that offers some wrap around types. Would also be nice if it worked with the phone portion of my iphone if I get a call.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:16:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I hate earbuds with a freakin' passion.

For decent sounding headphones, I've been using a pair of Sony MDR-W08. Lightweight, over-the-head type that you can get at Target for about 10 bucks.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:53:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a system.

I destroy everything. the best i have found are these:

Nike Sport Motion

not earbuds, but they work better for me. most earbuds or headphones take a shit after a few workouts. I am a sweat-hog, ymmv.

these nike things last about 3 months before one side goes out.

So here is the "system"

-buy them (or others) at Best Buy. (20 bucks)

-Buy the geeksquad black tie protection (its like 4 bucks)

-every time they shit out (for me, every 3 months) go get a replacement set.

/tilltheendoftime.

what makes this work is how "geeksquad black-tie protection" and the factory warranty interact. If the device fails within the factory warranty period (1 year) geeksquad replaces it with an in stock unit and and your geek squad warranty resets at no cost. Basically, as long as they keep shitting out within 1 year of purchase i get free headphones forever. I almost feel dishonest, but fuck em.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:28:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I really liked the ear buds that came with my Sansa Clip, but those finally died.

I've been using a pair of cheap Sony ear buds... ran about $15 or so.

They have an inline volume control and then I use a clip on the cord to clip them to my shirt so the cord doesn't flop around so much.

I like them because they stay in my ear but don't fit really tight as to block out all noise.

I did get a pair of Skull Candy headphones at a race last year and really don't like them. They seal up too tight for me.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:22:33 PM EDT
[#4]
This is the best style I've ever found for working out.  Cord is only on one side, if you tug on them an accident, they won't rip out of your ears.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top