Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2014 9:43:21 PM EDT
The vaping and smoking threads today got me to thinking.

In pure financial terms, what has been the cost of the habit/vice that you most wish you didn't have over  the life of the habit/vice?

For instance....

I smoked for 19 years.  Over that period of time, I can estimate that the average price of a pack was around $3.00 (only adjusting for price increases, not real-cost of dollars.)

Over that period of time, I spent approximately $22,000 dollars on the habit.  For real impact, that is around the cost of a RR M-16-- and close to the price of a RDIAS.

What has your habits cost you in terms of dollars, and what you COULD have gotten with those dollars?

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:44:56 PM EDT
[#1]
In before the "still living at home with mom" pot heads
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:47:42 PM EDT
[#2]
my habit cost me about a dozen friends, about 10k in a year and it almost cost me my life.

i havent touched that shit in three years, and in some ways i am still picking up the pieces.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:49:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

my habit cost me about a dozen friends, about 10k in a year and it almost cost me my life.

i havent touched coke in three years, and in some ways i am still picking up the pieces.
View Quote

I was going to come in and post something whimsical about video games or firearms. This is heavy stuff though, so I will let this thread remain somber.

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

i havent touched coke in three years, and in some ways i am still picking up the pieces.
View Quote

That is far more than just dollars.

I am sorry for what you are going through.  Stay strong, and keep pushing forward.  You owe it to yourself and those that love you.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:54:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Which one?

Ferraris?
Living on boats?
Dressing in pastels and Tony Bahama with sandals?
Coke?  
Or Black Side-Kicks?

Details man!

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:56:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I am sorry for what you are going through.  Stay strong, and keep pushing forward.  You owe it to yourself and those that love you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

dont be sorry, it was my own stupidity that caused my short term memory to be gone.

every day is a struggle, and ever day is a victory.  three years ago i promised my best friend that i wouldn't touch that shit again, and i WILL NOT dissapoint her.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:57:14 PM EDT
[#8]
My ability to own firearms.

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:58:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm a simple man, I only have guns and video games..Wanting a PS4 cost me a new rifle back in March. The money I saw my Father spend on smoking as a kid, along with what he still spends on it, is a major reason why I never started smoking.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:02:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My ability to own firearms.

View Quote

Oh man....
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:05:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:05:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

A kit car?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

A kit car?  

did your vices cost you some anchovies?
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:06:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:08:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Which one?

Ferraris?

Living on boats?

Coke?  

Or Black Side-Kicks?

Details man!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Which one?

Ferraris?

Living on boats?

Coke?  

Or Black Side-Kicks?

Details man!

There is a funny story about me buying Tommy Bahama wardrobe from the show 'Burn Notice'.

I would tell you more, but we are out of hot pockets and.. MOOOOMMMM!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:08:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

dont be sorry, it was my own stupidity that caused my short term memory to be gone.

every day is a struggle, and ever day is a victory.  three years ago i promised my best friend that i wouldn't touch that shit again, and i WILL NOT dissapoint her.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Admitting to felonies, but still owning guns...
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:13:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

For once, in your short stint here... stop being a fucking dick.

Edit: You fucking dick. You don't kick when someone is down.  

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:16:28 PM EDT
[#17]
About 70.00 for the Roto-vice

50 for a drillpress vice

About 200ea for 2 mill vices

40 for a fixed vice on a welding table

A few other small ones that I can't remember

And I got this little cutie the other day just because it was a Mini-me to my Roto-vice...

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:19:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sigh...

A 14'er AND an anal-orifice --------- who wooda thunk-it...

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:23:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This comment pretty much nails it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:25:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Which one?

Ferraris?
Living on boats?
Coke?  
Or Black Side-Kicks?

Details man!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Which one?

Ferraris?
Living on boats?
Coke?  
Or Black Side-Kicks?

Details man!

That "Daytona" is really a tarted up Vette...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top