Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/21/2006 11:44:50 AM EDT
What has happened to this place?

There are three threads going on right now with the following themes:

- If you own too many guns and ammo, you will become a predator when the SHTF.

- It's cruel to stab a dog that is trying to kill you.

- You shouldn't keep a gun in your car, because it will be stolen and contribute to crime.  Nevermind your specific situation, we know what's best for you and having a gun in your car is bad and irresponsible.

We're being overrun by hippie-crats.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 11:45:35 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

so is the country in general.  apparently ar15.com isn't immune.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 11:45:39 AM EDT
[#2]
No kidding, they are everywhere..........
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 11:47:16 AM EDT
[#3]
you for got how many mags are enough
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 11:49:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 11:50:35 AM EDT
[#5]
You have no right to judge others  
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 11:51:16 AM EDT
[#6]
That is true.  There are many libertrolls here.  Ignore the riff raff.  

Max
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 11:51:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Go read all the Bush bashing in the political and activism forum here, that will probably surprise you too.

It sucks that we see this type of behavior, but I praise the mods for not locking any threads that express other political ideals. DU locks threads for being politicaly different from the norm there, I'm sure glad free speech is for the most part honored here.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 11:54:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Some of the people bashing Bush do so because they are conservative.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 11:59:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You have no right to judge others  

Perfect answer!
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:00:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Some of the people bashing Bush do so because they are conservative.

Most of them do it, because they have been brain washed by the liberal media.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:06:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

There are plenty of real men here.

Yeah, you can spot them by looking for their women's shoes and purses.

Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:09:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I have noticed the shift to the left here as well
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

- You shouldn't keep a gun in your car, because it will be stolen and contribute to crime.  Nevermind your specific situation, we know what's best for you and having a gun in your car is bad and irresponsible.

Who said everyone has to agree with you in order to post. Part of posting is sharing your beliefs. If everyone agreed the same on every issue, why bother going on-line?
BTW, there have been plenty of threads in the past where pro/com of  a trunk gun have been discussed and theres always a few of us who say that its not particularly smart to leave a gun uinsecured in your vehicle. Nothing new there.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:10:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
how many mags are enough

All of them....thats enough
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:12:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:15:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Screw 'em.

I don't really care what some POS hippie thinks.  

Hell, they threw Liberman out of the party just because he wasn't actively plotting the assasination of the President.  What makes Democrats think they will be "allowed" to remain in their party if they are caught with an evil black rifle?

Maybe some of them are scared by what's going on.  It may take a few months for them to quit chanting "Death to the American President Terrorist" and actually look around at the real world.  They will begin to come over.....  over to the light.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:16:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Somebody needs to photoshop this with " I want these MF'ing hippies off this MF'ing site!"
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:16:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are plenty of real men here.

Yeah, you can spot them by looking for their women's shoes and purses.

We also mark them by putting a pink star by their screen name.  

OH SHIT!!! When the hell did that happen? I hope there's a fix in the works!!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:18:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:21:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Teh crazies are invading your mind with different points of view!!  Resist with tin foil!
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:22:14 PM EDT
[#21]
No needs to bash them, they are already Related to Jimmy Carter
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:25:20 PM EDT
[#22]
I can remember these threads from 2002, 2004, etc.  Every once in a while someone starts yelling "What's happened to ARFCOM??", and "This place is getting too liberal!!".  Somehow, it's usually people who haven't been here all that long, in the grand scheme of things.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:29:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Who said everyone has to agree with you in order to post.

Nobody.  Did you read that somewhere?
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:35:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:40:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Let's see:

- trying to accumulate more guns and ammo, not for SHTF, just for fun!
- would stab/shoot/strangle ANYTHING that tried to kill me
- Criminals don't seem to have a problem finding the tools to commit their crimes...  If Snake steals the gun in your trunk and shoots little Timmy, I'm going to blame Snake, not you.

I believe that you shouldn't leave a stereo in your car because it might be stolen and used to listen to RAP MUSIC!!!!  Don't park your car in the wrong place and it won't get broken in to - if you want to keep a gun in there that's fine by me.  

There, do you feel a little better?  Now I'm off to buy Birkenstocks, tie dye some tshirts and not wash my hair so I can get dred locks!
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:43:21 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

If you only knew...

One word... an adjective...

I can't go on for fear of getting locked.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#27]
One word: govt. education.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:49:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Why are there so many threads going on asking what is wrong with ARFCOM?

It's easy - if you don't like what's going on, leave.

If you're here just for the rifle/technical aspect, stay out of GD and TEAM forums and you won't have to deal with that stuff.

It's frickin rocket science I tell ya!

Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:51:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
alan.strawinski.net/images/humor/forum/Hippies_On_A_Forum.jpg

Perfect! Thanks Subnet. One of these days I'll use that as an avatar.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:59:33 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I think #1 was a reference to the people who were saying "I don't need to supplies, I got guns and I'll just take what I need".  I don't think people were implying that lots of guns = predator.

#2 was weird.  Dude was pretty clear abou the dog.  

As for #3.  As long as you're smart about it, it isn't a problem.  Unfortunately, lots of people are dumb about it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:00:59 PM EDT
[#31]
That's strange. Just today I was thinking that ARFcom has more and more "kill 'em all" and "I'm so bad ass, I once shot an old lady for looking at me funny" types.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:01:12 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I think #1 was a reference to the people who were saying "I don't need to supplies, I got guns and I'll just take what I need".  I don't think people were implying that lots of guns = predator.

Someone is actually saying something to the effect of: "All that ammuntion just turns you into a predator when you have no supplies."  I think he was making a point that you shouldn't JUST have guns, but he is quite clearly saying that guns make you do bad things.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:03:06 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I hope you meant for that to be funny.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:04:52 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Uhhh....heh.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:06:17 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Someone is actually saying something to the effect of: "All that ammuntion just turns you into a predator when you have no supplies."  I think he was making a point that you shouldn't JUST have guns, but he is quite clearly saying that guns make you do bad things.

I read it the same way you did, but the OA seems to have plenty of apologists in that thread...
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:21:07 PM EDT
[#36]
I am not married.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:24:03 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I am not married.

Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:25:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Dont forget the ARFCOM hippies that get pissed when US soldiers and Marines kill ferral dogs.

Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:31:04 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

you must be (relatively) new here.  I have been here longer than you, and trust me, those themes are not new.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
you must be (relatively) new here.  I have been here longer than you, and trust me, those themes are not new.

I want to believe I'm reading too much GD, but these themes exist in the CCW forum and Survival forum, amongst others.  I'm sure you're right; I'm sure it's always been this way and it just seems to me to be worse right now, when in fact it isn't.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:58:14 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I want to believe I'm reading too much GD, but these themes exist in the CCW forum and Survival forum, amongst others.  I'm sure you're right; I'm sure it's always been this way and it just seems to me to be worse right now, when in fact it isn't.

Is this much support for the ACLU, also normal?  I never expected to see this on here....aclu thread
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 2:01:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Damned rotten hippies & hippie sympathisers...

Link Posted: 8/21/2006 2:03:19 PM EDT
[#43]
This place has gone down hill since the banning of Sarge.  

Thats when it really all went to hell.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 2:07:55 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Damned rotten hippies & hippie sympathisers...

I hate hippies! I mean, the way they always talk about "protectin' the earth" and then drive around in cars that get poor gas mileage and wear those stupid bracelets - I hate 'em! I wanna kick 'em in the nuts!
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 2:08:57 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
This place has gone down hill since the banning of Sarge.  

Thats when it really all went to hell.  

And somewhere a doll action figure gets its wings...
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:05:28 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Who said everyone has to agree with you in order to post.

Nobody.  Did you read that somewhere?

No, but you seem upset that people post views that differ from your own.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:21:16 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

"ZOMG! People that don't think exactly like me! Quick, everyone, come up with barely clever and not very funny sayings and maybe they'll all disappear!"
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:24:21 PM EDT
[#48]
I wonder if a zombie ate a hippie brain would he get stoned? Or would a Zombie even eat a hippie brain seeing how it lacks some much brain mass?

Link Posted: 8/21/2006 5:53:12 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
No, but you seem upset that people post views that differ from your own.

Not at all.  I'm not upset that people don't agree with me on anything, though it seems there are a few posters in this thread who want to put those words in my mouth.  I disagree with folks all the time about gun-related topics, and it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I do, however, think some of you guys are a bunch of DU fucktards.  Not you specifically, but some of the others.  You know, the types who say they support the 2a, yet are strongly in favor of all sorts of gun control.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:01:36 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope you meant for that to be funny.

Oh yeah, it aktually govtedukation!  3 syllables.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top