Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2010 8:19:29 PM EDT
About 30 years ago a troublemaker was shot in the head three times. (eventually ruled suicide)

I had just flown in fron Dutch Harbor and when I got home  at about 2000 I found I was out of propane so I headed back downtown. to try borrow a bottle from a friend, A cop saw me walking and offered me a ride, which I accepted.

I told him my dileimma and he offered me the hospitality of the jail.

I gratefully accepted.

That night the dude got shot in Dutch.

Now I was not really accused, but it was known I had crossed swords with the deceased and the Kodiak police department was curious. They wanted to ask me a couple of questions.

The first question was regarding my whereabouts on the night of the deed.

When I pointed out I was in kodiak at the time, they asked me if there was anyone that could prove it.

When I told him to check the records of the distinguished visitors of pokey for the evening in question, there was a dumb look on the officers face and the questioning stopped then and there.

It doesn't get any better than that.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:24:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't quite get this one.  Was it illegal to buy propane???
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:26:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I think piccolo shot the guy and then asked to go to jail.  

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:26:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It's Alaska.  Probably really cold.  He was out of propane, so no heat.  Officer let him spend the night in the jail rather than freeze to death.

That's what I figured in my head.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:28:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's Alaska.  Probably really cold.  He was out of propane, so no heat.  Officer let him spend the night in the jail rather than freeze to death.

OK- didn't know propane was the primary home heating source up there.  Makes more sense now....
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:28:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good. I thought Piccolo was trying to tell us something.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:30:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now how does a guy committing suicide shoot himself three times in the head?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:30:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I used the "I was in jail" story once...

(the rest is 'need to know')
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:31:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

at 2000 the fuel place was closed.

And yes, it was as cold as a witches tit in a brass bra.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:39:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Which cop?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:44:08 PM EDT
[#10]
The first part of that story sounds vaguely like First Blood...
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:48:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I call dupe, I know I have seen this story from you before still a great one though.

Cops should have know your prefered weapon is a sword
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:15:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Think about it. The guy was a troublemaker.

When the cops found him they commented that it was the first time they were glad to see him.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:25:21 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

About 30 years ago a troublemaker was shot in the head three times. (eventually ruled suicide)

I had just flown in fron Dutch Harbor and when I got home  at about 2000 I found I was out of propane so I headed back downtown. to try borrow a bottle from a friend, A cop saw me walking and offered me a ride, which I accepted.

I told him my dileimma and he offered me the hospitality of the jail.

I gratefully accepted.

That night the dude got shot in Dutch.

Now I was not really accused, but it was known I had crossed swords with the deceased and the Kodiak police department was curious. They wanted to ask me a couple of questions.

The first question was regarding my whereabouts on the night of the deed.

When I pointed out I was in kodiak at the time, they asked me if there was anyone that could prove it.

When I told him to check the records of the distinguished visitors of pokey for the evening in question, there was a dumb look on the officers face and the questioning stopped then and there.
It doesn't get any better than that.

Guess that turned out better than if you said you'd were with the officer's wife.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:29:13 AM EDT
[#14]
I will only say this once.....

Pic, hurry up and write a damn book already.

Fury.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:45:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Small community + known troublemaker = obvious suicide      

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:56:29 AM EDT
[#16]
I had a school resource officer come by my house to ask me a few questions about a fight that happened the previous day.

My alibi was that I had been in Germany for the last two weeks. So my parents explained to him that I wasnt even in the country.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:06:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Not really an alibi per se, but I was on my way to a dental appointment when I ran into W's motorcade. Front desk lady said that was the 1st time she'd ever heard that excuse.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:11:54 AM EDT
[#18]
From the movie Charade (great movie by the way)

Inspector Grandpierre: Tell me, Mister Dyle. Where were you at 3:30 a.m.?
Adam Canfield: In my room. Asleep.
Inspector Grandpierre: And you, Mrs. Lampert?
Reggie Lampert: I was, too.
Inspector Grandpierre: In Mister Dyle's room?
Reggie Lampert: No, in my room.
Inspector Grandpierre: Obviously you're telling the truth, for why would you invent such a ridiculous story?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:22:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Lock up is always good.
I had a friend who got out of a bs child support charge since he had been in Germany (Army) the entire season the gal got knocked up in.(Georgia)
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:25:24 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Think about it. The guy was a troublemaker.

When the cops found him they commented that it was the first time they were glad to see him.

The county where I grew up had a similar guy, he was always in trouble and involved in various crimes. We will call him Troublemaker (TM). One evening TM was at the local rough bar when another guy came in and started arguing with TM. The guy pulled a gun and dropped TM dead in front of everybody in the bar.

The guy was charged with murder and went to trial, now I don't know the legal words and phrases, but the guy's defense was basically "TM needed shooting". The jury was out for a couple hours and then returned a "not guilty" verdict. The judge, police and most everybody in the county agreed, TM needed shooting.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:33:45 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't quite get this one. Was it illegal to buy propane???

It's Alaska. Probably really cold. He was out of propane, so no heat. Officer let him spend the night in the jail rather than freeze to death.

Well, there is a thread about a guy who took a 5.45x39 through the chin and out the forehead and was still conscious. I have no doubt that a person could take three shots to kill themselves, especially with a small caliber handgun, lots of alcohol, poor aim and lots of determination.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:34:43 AM EDT
[#22]
A buddy of mine worked for an alarm company as a supervisor.  One night "someone" turned off the alarm to a company and it was hit.  They used his password. to disable the alarm.  

The cops and FBI showed up at his house the next day to talk to him  and  I happened to fit the discription  of the burglars of the electonics warehouse.  He was being accused of turning off the alarm so that the place could be burglarized.  

We were working on the engine of a Mustang 429 hemi for that whole day and the night before,  getting it ready for the drag races on Sunday.  The cops wanted to haul us away EXCEPT that we had been working on the Mustang with it's owner, the neighborhood  sheriff's deputy.    

Just 15 minutes after the cops left,  friends of my buddies younger brother stopped by and offered us great prices on a variety of electronic items that they had in a truck.. We contacted the cops that had just left and that evening they served a search warrant on the house of the guys with the truck and recovered nearly $30,000 worth (most) of the loot..  They arrested 4 burglars and the manager of the alarm company for the burglary.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top