Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:58:22 AM EDT
[#1]
It'll buff out....
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:02:29 AM EDT
[#2]
That is what happens when you tie the front end down with toilet paper
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:06:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Ouch!  I've seen a B-1 similarly set on its ass, due only to fuel transfer and wing sweep.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:07:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:08:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:13:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Let me gues, somebody hit the emergency undercarriage release button without putting the pins in to ensure that it didn;t erally retract?

Seen it done to a 747, cost 'em about a couple of million in repairs, lost revenue, etc...

Make me very nervous flying on commerical planes after you see some of the muppets who maintain them...

/PHil
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:21:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Engine intakes removed...radar removed...canopy removed....= tail heavy kite..

Should have been tressled

Taffy

Phil I remember the 747...over @ our local airport yes?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:25:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I would hate to get the work order for that sucker... (Hey airframe... Have we got a job for you... SON OF A BITCH, THEY DID WHAT? OH FUCK!)

Fortunately, that is alot harder to do with a helicopter, and we don't have any fighter jets...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:26:49 AM EDT
[#9]
I didn't know tornados had tailwheels......  cool.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:28:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
i11.photobucket.com/albums/a172/wombatman77/391220.jpg

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!  
That's fuggin FUNNY !
Good one

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:32:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Someone had some explaining to do!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:39:51 AM EDT
[#12]
I've seen it on...

A10's

F111's

and KC135's

Work Depot long enough and there's not too many boo-boos you don't see...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:48:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I've seen it on...

A10's

F111's

and KC135's

mobile phones with camera's allow everyone to see these days....
There will be questions about how the pictures came to be released too....a big no-no
I dont mind posting them because they have already been printed in our local paper anyway...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:58:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Let me gues, somebody hit the emergency undercarriage release button without putting the pins in to ensure that it didn;t erally retract?

Seen it done to a 747, cost 'em about a couple of million in repairs, lost revenue, etc...

Make me very nervous flying on commerical planes after you see some of the muppets who maintain them...

/PHil

Careful I'm one of the muppets that maintain aircraft.  Though I have seen it happen on a MD-11.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:01:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Duct tape.....................it's gray anyways.............
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:09:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:17:49 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

/PHil

Careful I'm one of the muppets that maintain aircraft.  Though I have seen it happen on a MD-11.

Feeling guilty?  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:21:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've seen it on...

A10's

F111's

and KC135's

There will be questions about how the pictures came to be released too....a big no-no
I dont mind posting them because they have already been printed in our local paper anyway...

Someones going to be in deepest of deep shit for taking and releasing those pictures… camera phones have to be registered with the Mod Plods on MoD establishments now…

ANdy

That show was da SHIZNIT !      Link was a PIMP, yo !

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:40:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Seen an F-111 do this when it lost two pins from it rear landing gear. It made it to the end of the runway then went Tango Uniform onto it's jets.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:16:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Here comes another safety standdown day for them.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:18:09 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

/PHil

Feeling guilty?  

Not guilty, just telling that limey to watch what he's saying.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:38:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Howard: Hey Henry! Did you put the pin in that rear support?

Henry: I thought you said you were going to do it ......

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:31:13 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've seen it on...

A10's

F111's

and KC135's

Someones going to be in deepest of deep shit for taking and releasing those pictures… camera phones have to be registered with the Mod Plods on MoD establishments now…

ANdy

Andy

Phones and camera phones are banned on the hangar floor. Someone will be hung out to dry over this getting into the Media. (I'll scan the article later on)

Taffy
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:35:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:42:06 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've seen it on...

A10's

F111's

and KC135's

ANdy

Andy

Phones and camera phones are banned on the hangar floor. Someone will be hung out to dry over this getting into the Media. (I'll scan the article later on)

Taffy

I know that Taff, same in all MoD buildings now… so the MoD will have a record of all Camera Phone users on site to check through… sux to be him when they find him… JSP440 is a bitch ain't it?

ANdy

Andy
Problem is the phone may not have been registered. I wonder if the paper would or could be pressured into revealing their source. I bet these pics have been texted to thousands of people too.

JSP440.....Vol 3 ?...was it?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:50:09 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Careful I'm one of the muppets that maintain aircraft.

+1

Been on the Muppet Show for over 21 years now. We're not all Gonzos.............but I've seen my share.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:50:37 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Careful I'm one of the muppets that maintain aircraft.

+1

Been on the Muppet Show for over 21 years now. We're not all Gonzos.............but I've seen my share.

I think I'm more of an Oscar.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:57:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:09:38 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I've seen it on...

A10's

F111's

and KC135's

Closest I've seen is a NATO AWACS with a whooooole lot of chrome showing on the nose strut.  And they weren't going to gas it until the next day.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:09:40 AM EDT
[#30]
When I was working on harriers, our maintenance control wanted us to put a hanger queen on a fuselage truck, and the only one we had was AFU, and I said no. Well, a Coproral wil not will against a WO, so on the fucked up truck it went. Stayed on there fro about 3 months before the parts we needed came in, and it was time to remove the truck. Being as at truck was AFU, we were being very careful about putting it on jacks. We had the front jacks positioned, and were awiting to remove the truck to get the rear jack in position. WHile removing the top support, we were unable to get the outer beams even, because the truck was AFU, so we had to work it out wit ha sledge. After we got the top left pin out, the bird took and immidead dive to the left. It didn't fall over, thank GOd, as we had a guy in the engine bay, and I was right next the the bird.

We finally got the bird straightened up, but I wa svery unhappy about almost getting squashed, and one of my Marines injured. We shitcanned that truck right after that.

And for those that are wondering how a Harrier can fall over, you have to pull the entire wing to get the engine out!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:20:21 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

And for those that are wondering how a Harrier can fall over, you have to pull the entire wing to get the engine out!!

Now that's a hell of a write up "Removed and reinstalled left wing FOM."
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:29:11 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wish it could have been a 'left wing FOM'!!! No, it is the WHOLE WING!!! And that is what it is, a FOM!!

Man, I really miss my old job...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:58:53 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wish it could have been a 'left wing FOM'!!! No, it is the WHOLE WING!!! And that is what it is, a FOM!!

Makes a Tri-jet (727, DC-10, MD-11, L-1011) #2 engine changes sound like a piece of cake.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
When I was working on harriers, our maintenance control wanted us to put a hanger queen on a fuselage truck, and the only one we had was AFU, and I said no. Well, a Coproral wil not will against a WO, so on the fucked up truck it went. Stayed on there fro about 3 months before the parts we needed came in, and it was time to remove the truck. Being as at truck was AFU, we were being very careful about putting it on jacks. We had the front jacks positioned, and were awiting to remove the truck to get the rear jack in position. WHile removing the top support, we were unable to get the outer beams even, because the truck was AFU, so we had to work it out wit ha sledge. After we got the top left pin out, the bird took and immidead dive to the left. It didn't fall over, thank GOd, as we had a guy in the engine bay, and I was right next the the bird.

We finally got the bird straightened up, but I wa svery unhappy about almost getting squashed, and one of my Marines injured. We shitcanned that truck right after that.

awww come-on...removing the Harrier's wing was pretty simple

Half a dozen "big-bolts" a few electrical/pnematic/bleed air/fuel connections and it was off ready for the engine men to do their job.

It was not rocket science.....

Taffy
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:01:16 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Makes a Tri-jet (727, DC-10, MD-11, L-1011) #2 engine changes sound like a piece of cake.

Worst engine change I ever did was during my training back in the mid eighties...

I did my training on 2 aircraft my father serviced 10 years earlier.

He worked on the RAF's Display aircraft..."The Red Arrows" when they were Gnats.

I worked on both kites as an apprentice he worked on during his tour with them.

We had to split the whole airframe to remove the engine...what a nightmare.

And to top it off...when we came to remove the fuel tanks....written upon them were messages from the last apprentices who had been in there...."suckers"

Taffy

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:14:32 PM EDT
[#36]

No one wanted to listen to an E4.....
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:26:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Here's a pic never released officialy.......

unique no more...now i've posted it

Taffy

and one from my Grandfathathers collection

completely unique(no more)

Taffy
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

ANdy

Registered? I'm surprised they let you have them at all.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:58:53 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What was funny was talking to Hornet guys cry about their 20 minute  engine change!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:00:39 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ANdy

Registered? I'm surprised they let you have them at all.

officialy they ain't.....
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:02:11 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

awww come-on...removing the Harrier's wing was pretty simple

Half a dozen "big-bolts" a few electrical/pnematic/bleed air/fuel connections and it was off ready for the engine men to do their job.

It was not rocket science.....

Taffy

I wouldn't call Powerline MEN.... More like crybabies..

But yea, it's not difficult to pull, but all the OTHER crap that goes along with it is a pain! Especially when the idiots would damage the ducting!!! Had to replace the branch ducting quite a few times due to people crushing them, along with the left and right hand ducts...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:14:18 PM EDT
[#42]
engine men/sooties had it easy....unplug a few connections/dissconnect a few fuel lines...then replace the power plant...sucks to be an engine fitter...

at least us airframe guys got to use fault diagnosis and iniiative with them crazy hydraulics faults.

trample any connections....prepare for team anialation.....only asshats( as you call them ) made those mistakes

Taffy
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#43]
A little bondo and it will look like new
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:31:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Is bondo a short guy?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:31:29 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
engine men/sooties had it easy....unplug a few connections/dissconnect a few fuel lines...then replace the power plant...sucks to be an engine fitter...

at least us airframe guys got to use fault diagnosis and iniiative with them crazy hydraulics faults.

trample any connections....prepare for team anialation.....only asshats( as you call them ) made those mistakes

Taffy

Man, Let me tell you a story..... One of our birds was having landing gear indications, and the avi guys said that the cannon plug on the landing gear control valve was bad, so we have to R&R it for their crap being bad. We get one from supply, and install it, and do our thing. Checks good on our end. Gear goes up and down. Avi gets a repeat gripe, and tells us that the valve was bad from supply. So we pull it again, and put the new one in. While doing this for the second time in about 4 hours, I mess up the ring on the cannon plug, and go to my NCOIC. We get it so that the cannon plug will go on, and test it. Everything works, but AVI says that the valve must be bad and since they can't disconnect the cannon plug, we have to do it. My SSGT says BS, that we pulled the valve twice, and if the gripe is still there, they need to do more trouble shooting. Turns out that one of their little black boxes was bad, and we pulled 2 valves for nothing. We left that landing gear control valve in, because while the ring got snookered up, the plug still locked down, and no pins were damaged.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#46]
whooooops

looks like someone is going to enjoy a one way conversation
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:35:21 PM EDT
[#47]

if the gripe is still there, they need to do more trouble shooting.

bingo!

As a supervisor that'd be my avenue and my requirement from the guys.

replace a component twice and still have the same fault....= component not at fault

Taffy
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:35:58 PM EDT
[#48]
IANT
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:54:08 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:54:50 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is bondo a short guy?

www.bondo-online.com/

it's a putty/fiber glass mix to fill in holes in rusted out cars
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top