Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/3/2005 4:55:50 AM EDT
Sitting here in my cozy Northeast kitchen drinking my coffee i had a thought.
What happens when the evacuees/refugees get frustrated in Texas like they did in N.O and they start running around acting crazy there like they were in N.O.

Even i know ( whitey from the north) you dont mess with Texas.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:12:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2005 5:12:58 AM EDT by raven]
Blame Bush, what else?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:14:35 AM EDT
Texans will start a posse
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:23:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:26:21 AM EDT

Texas Rangers, Texas National Guard, Texas LEO's.
I can smell the powder smoke now.

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:27:28 AM EDT
SSS, Whatelse?

Actually here in dallas thew have about 50 poliece around 100NG making sure everyone behaves.

Smart.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:35:14 AM EDT
You ever heard this saying? One riot one ranger.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:36:12 AM EDT
i too have had this thought.

i shudder at the prospect of these animals in my state. there was a rather excellent audio take on the issue reported by an african american reporter last night on KUT, the local (austin) PBS station in which the reporter noted that there have been more black people on the news in the last week than there have been in the last 6 months.

the thing i'm scared of is what we are bringing out of nola is probably the worst in the city, and that city can be pretty bad, with all the scum of the earth in the depths of the slums below sea level... i would think there are generations of folks down there on the dole, probably sometimes there have been several generations who have not worked an actual job. several generations of addicts, alcohol, cocaine, speed, heroin, whatever...

why were they there in the first place? the didn't have enough money to get out. then it's the government's fault because George isn't down there leading a caravan of relief trucks into the city himself.

why do people think it's the government's responsibility to take care of them? the government didn't help me through college. the government pretty much hasn't done anything to me except ask for money once a year... and that's just fine with me.

i think the cities which accept these refugees will find a few bad apples in the bunch. the system will take care of them. i kind of hope williamson county (north of austin) gets some of them. williamson county is pretty strict legally.

this whole situation makes me think that the veneer of civilization is thinner than we had thought, perhaps, and my rat-holing of rifles, ammo and gear is somehow justified. austin won't flood, but one cannot predict the scope or nature of disasters. austin is the state capital, ergo, a possible target, perhaps brighter than most.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:39:14 AM EDT
Trouble is already spreading west to the state line.

P.S. Anybody got some green tips to spare?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:42:28 AM EDT
Civilazation is thinner than veener. It is a illusion. With people crowded shoulder to shoulder and most with no survival clues. It is anarchy on the hoof.

spell check?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:53:13 AM EDT
Even though I would like to think that my adopted home state(I'm from NJ) would stand up tall and shoot any rioting looting motherfuckers that start anything here, I suspect that, refugees being put up in urban(liberal) areas, the residents nearby will just bend over and take it. In my experience, the most sensible Texans I know, who would simply shoot-shovel-shaddup, live well outside the city.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:56:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2005 5:57:57 AM EDT by cluster]

Originally Posted By FooBarBaz:
the residents nearby will just bend over and take it.

Hmm .. no.

"Near by" resident here..

eta..

maybe if it came as a suprise.. maybe.. but we all see this coming..

and our Local PD is leaps and bounds above the NO PD ..

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:57:49 AM EDT
start shit in texas? there'll be a whole lotta n-n-n-new orleandos floating back to louisiana face down in the gulf stream...
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:07:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:39:56 AM EDT
Let me post this open request to Texas LEOs.

Please leave some for me.

Top Top