Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2002 7:40:09 AM EDT
It's changed and none of the links work. Anybody know?
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 7:45:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Legal problems forced it shut.

We have a 1st amendment here, but not for unpopular things.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 7:48:22 AM EDT
[#2]
That sucks, there was some cool stuff there. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 7:59:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Legal problems forced it shut.

We have a 1st amendment here, but not for unpopular things.
View Quote

Any details?
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 10:45:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Had a run in with the ATF over my dads "Lightning link" how to, they did not like the fact that the machinists drawings were available.

Also, I was getting a concerted effort by some anti's to DOS the site, in the end it was easier to shut it down.

I personally would have liked to keep it up for Dad, but I don't know an awful lot about HTML (Just getting into it right now) and the fact that the ISP was getting antsy since it was being hit with the DOS attack.  They asked me to move it.  At that point, I told them it was coming down.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 10:49:54 AM EDT
[#5]
What kind of stuff did it have on it?  I'll put machinist drawings on my website.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 12:04:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry to hear that, hope you can get it up and running again.  My computer, for some reason, took it upon itself to download, zip up and encrypt those drawings, but for the life of me, I cannot find them and delete them!  [:D]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 1:07:37 PM EDT
[#7]
The imagry on that site is INVALUABLE!!!

Can anyone help Hielo out by making that site bombproof??

Don't give up man!!!
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 1:44:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I will put it on my site, I don't make any money on my site.  I just like information to be out there and free for any one to see.  Sorry if I have offended anyone by asking. CB
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 2:11:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I kinda figured something like that would happen eventually.

Hielo, hope you don't mind, I made a backup of the LL page some time ago knowing that some day it might go down and never resurface.   Here's the page in a simple enough HTML for most anyone.

Oh, and if this thread mysteriously gets edited we'll all pretend it's a big mystery.   Heck I'll probably remove the links and post Rosie/Barney The Dynosaur links once the links get their exposure.

[url]http://home.bak.rr.com/varmintcong/llplans.html[/url]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 2:30:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Maybe the warm weather is getting to me and the obivous is escaping me, but how do you encrypt text or zip files?

I have software to encrypt images, but for whatever reason text and zips and how or what to encrypt them with is escaping me at present.

Any shareware or freeware that anyone could recommend to do just that?

Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government's    purposes are beneficial. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding." Louis D. Brandeis

Edited because I was typing like a chimp with no fingers.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 4:02:12 PM EDT
[#11]
You have a couple of options:

If you want to simply encrypt any file or files for your own purposes, and don't need to share them with other people, you can use [b]CryptExt[/b] for the Windows platform:
http://[url]www.pcug.org.au/~njpayne/[/url]

If you want to encrypt email messages and files for specific recipients, PGP is a good choice:
http://[url]www.pgpi.org/products/pgp/versions/freeware/[/url]
This is more versatile, and therefore more complex to set up and use.

I am sure that there are plenty of other software packages out there for this purpose as well.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 12:33:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If you want to simply encrypt any file or files for your own purposes, and don't need to share them with other people, you can use [b]CryptExt[/b] for the Windows platform:

If you want to encrypt email messages and files for specific recipients, PGP is a good choice:

I am sure that there are plenty of other software packages out there for this purpose as well.
View Quote

Any encryption program can encrypt anything.  It's all just ones-and-zeroes to the encryption algorithm.

I would recommend sticking with well-known packages.  PGP used to be trusted, but its source code is now proprietary, and so there is no way to know what changes have been made.  Even very tiny flaws can drastically reduce the effectiveness of encryption.

The current trusted version of PGP is GNU's "GPG".  You can find versions of it on www.gnu.org among other places (GNU is heavily biased toward UNIX/Linux, so if you want a Windows version and don't see one there, try a Google search for a Windows version).
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 3:34:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I kinda figured something like that would happen eventually.

Hielo, hope you don't mind, I made a backup of the LL page some time ago knowing that some day it might go down and never resurface.   Here's the page in a simple enough HTML for most anyone.

Oh, and if this thread mysteriously gets edited we'll all pretend it's a big mystery.   Heck I'll probably remove the links and post Rosie/Barney The Dynosaur links once the links get their exposure.

[url]http://home.bak.rr.com/varmintcong/llplans.html[/url]
View Quote

Mind?  No, I thank you.  I felt bad because my Dad was so adament that people have this kind of info, knowing that others have saved it and posted it lightens the guilt load.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 3:57:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Any encryption program can encrypt anything.  It's all just ones-and-zeroes to the encryption algorithm.

I would recommend sticking with well-known packages.  PGP used to be trusted, but its source code is now proprietary, and so there is no way to know what changes have been made.  Even very tiny flaws can drastically reduce the effectiveness of encryption.

The current trusted version of PGP is GNU's "GPG".  You can find versions of it on www.gnu.org among other places (GNU is heavily biased toward UNIX/Linux, so if you want a Windows version and don't see one there, try a Google search for a Windows version).
View Quote

Here's the U.S.A. site for the PGP freeware download. They are have v6.5.8-- I have v7.0.3, but I guess 7.0.3 had problems and they went back to 6.5.8?

[URL=http://web.mit.edu/network/pgp.html]MIT Distribution Site for PGP[/URL]

If anyone wants my public key, just ask.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 6:46:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Heilo, Didn't he use to have suppressor plans also?
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 7:36:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 2:13:02 AM EDT
[#17]
hielo,

Sorry to hear about your Problems,

[size=1]

11 Banning of any Machine Gun Parts or parts which can be used in
    a Machine Gun.
    Periodicals such as "The ShotGun News" particularly cater to
    individuals which wish to build illegal machine guns.  If Senator
    Feinstein's courageous section of the crime bill is successful
    in banning all machine guns, except for police and military, then
    there would be no legitimate need for Machine Gun parts except to
    build illegal weapons.

_Control of Dangerous literature (Bomb making, machinegun conversions,
    etc.)_
    Too much irresponsible material is purportedly covered by the[b]1st
    amendment,[/b] however, [b]the time will come when our nation has to agree[/b]
    that some literature does not belong in a safe society, like
    instruction manuals on how to kill, or how to make homemade
    explosives, or nuclear bombs.  We must realize that there can be
    such as thing as too much freedom where such literature poses a
    serious threat to the public safety.

Tort law as we know it may not have to under go a change in order the [sic] facilitate these actions.  As many people know it is not necessary to actually win in order to affect change, since the constant threat of legal
action will induce change in the way people do business.  People all know that the real fiscal effect of repeated legal actions can bankrupt a peddler of violence just as well as winning a large settlement.

^^^^^
Allege [b]feinstein/hci[/b] master plan
for TOTAL Gun Confiscation Dis-Armament.

^[size=1]
[url]www.cures-not-wars.org/[/url]Truth Will Liberate Earth.
[url]www.RKBA.org/antis/hci-master[/url]Allege [b]feinstein/hci[/b] master plan
for TOTAL Gun Confiscation Dis-Armament.
[url]http://www.DigitalAngel.net/[/url]Revelation 13:18  ID-GPS-MONEY
Implant Micro-chip

Never Again, Never Forget
Seek the Truth , Liberate Your Mind
We Are At WAR
[/size=1]
FIXED BAYONETS

VX
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top