Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2001 10:38:40 PM EDT
I guess it’s times like this that people show their true colors and what I see here today is very ugly.  

I spent almost 5 hours this morning on the phone trying to find my wife who went to New York on a business trip last night for a meeting this morning.  I knew she was staying at a hotel in Manhattan and that her meeting was at 09:00 somewhere in Manhattan.  For all I knew her meeting was in one of the WTC building.  Thank God her meeting was not in the WTC and that she was okay.  If anyone had a reason for wanting to kill someone I would have been a good candidate during those 5 hours.

When I came on this board this evening I was hoping to relieve some tension and stress and expecting to find some serious discussions on today’s attack.  Instead all I see are racist insinuation, thoughtless comments and pure hate.    

Many of you believe we should just go out and kill people not for their criminal actions but just because of their religious belief!  Or that we should round them up and kick them out of this country?  If that is what you really believe then what makes you any different from all the criminal BG we always detest on this board?  After all your actions are no different than common criminals… preying on the innocent citizens.  Even worse you are talking about members of our community and citizens of our country whose only “crime” is that they are Muslim!  I thought we were above all this simple-minded “solution” and that we were able to see our history and recognize the mistakes we have made as a country.  Instead, we are walking that same path and doomed to repeat our mistakes.  

Why is it that we come to immediate conclusion that the perpetrators of today’s terror were “rag heads” just as we did after the Oklahoma bombing?  Maybe we are too simple-mined and need an easy target for our anger?  Do you really believe that by getting rid of all the “Rag-heads”, “Chinks”, “Chicano”, “Niggers”, “Cubans”, etc. will make this country better or safer than it is now?  In case you forgot the last big terrorist we had was not a “Rag-head” but a Caucasian with Christian belief.          

What happened to the idea of people being able to live an individual life without interference from others with different belief and being able to fight for that ideal life with our AR rifles if we have to?  What happened to “Live Free Or Die” spirit?  Or is that limited only to those who are Caucasian with Christian belief?

This cannot be the same group of people I’ve been communicating for past 11 months on almost daily basis and I feel ashamed for having been a part of this rabid mob.  Come on guys, lets come to our senses here.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:44:49 PM EDT
[#1]
... shouldn't stereotype everyone here either.

Glad to hear your wife is OK
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:47:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I bear no hatred for any group, whether the "rag-heads", "rednecks" or whatever.
But it's pretty bloody likely Bin Laden did it - nobody else, really has the brains, money, and gall to do something this big. And of course, the mere fact that the UN building has not yet gone up in flames is a clear sign it's not a caucasian christian(though the BATF had offices in building 7 - which fell victim to fire and debris from the towers).

And come on, have you seen the ppl dancing in the streets in the Middle East? I spent half of this morning trying to sift through rumors and unconfirmed reports so we could figure out what the hell was going on, and there were a lot of distraught kids at my school today.
And seeing those a-holes celebrating after all of that, that was a little too much.
Don't tell me that doesn't piss you off.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:48:08 PM EDT
[#3]
You are seeing the true colors of who you thought were your "friends". It is even worse in the chatroom as there are those calling for "ethnic cleansing".

The Bill of Rights and Constitution means nothing to these people except the 2nd Amendment, which I suspect is merely used as an excuse for a HOBBY.

Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:53:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Imbroglio, whoever you are, you and I *must* know many of the same people.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:05:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Let me apologize for using a broad bush to paint everyone but I only read few postings and then stopped because I found it too hard to continue.  As a "non-white" member of this board some of the comments I read really scared me.

geek4guns:

Yes, I too saw those reports and they did anger me but I think we need to be rational.  Just because some people hates us does not mean we should be killing them does it?  If we went around and killed everyone who hated us then we would have to kill half of this world!  Do we really want to kill people just because they hate us?  Do we look upon killing and death so cheaply?  Sorry but I value my life and other's life a lot more than that.  Don't let hate create more hate in your heart.  We are better than that.      

For those of you who are more "level headed" I'm very sorry for my "broad and generalized" post and I do not mean to include you in my post.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:13:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Let me apologize for using a broad bush to paint everyone but I only read few postings and then stopped because I found it too hard to continue.  As a "non-white" member of this board some of the comments I read really scared me.

geek4guns:

Yes, I too saw those reports and they did anger me but I think we need to be rational.  Just because some people hates us does not mean we should be killing them does it?  If we went around and killed everyone who hated us then we would have to kill half of this world!  Do we really want to kill people just because they hate us?  Do we look upon killing and death so cheaply?  Sorry but I value my life and other's life a lot more than that.  Don't let hate create more hate in your heart.  We are better than that.      

For those of you who are more "level headed" I'm very sorry for my "broad and generalized" post and I do not mean to include you in my post.  
View Quote

Hey, just letting you know how most of us feel. I was pretty pissed this morning but by now I've managed to calm down.
Give these people a chance to cool off - the whole thing's left a lot of people in shock, and anger's a natural reaction.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:16:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Many people died today (yesterday), emotions are high.

It's perfectly normal to want for revenge.  The problem here being noone is sure who to extract revenge upon.

Those who guess, are those who keep the cycle of violence in action.

I too am aflicted.  And would love the opportunity to either keep it from happing at all, keep it from happening again, or avenging the innocent 1000's who were murdered to prove some obscure "point".  

We are angry.  We are human.  Live with it.  A lot of it is just talk.  And yes, if I knew who to aim my anger at, I would aim it well (if I had the opportunity).

PS.  God bless those who saw the second aircraft and stayed to help anyway.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:20:35 PM EDT
[#8]
These are crazy times, and people say and do crazy things, be cool until we can put this in proper perspective, I to want to kill somebody, but who??
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:24:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Calm down Yobo, I haven't seen too much of what you have described! Maybe I'm just reading some different posts or threads.

Glad to hear your wife is safe and sound, BTW!

Eric The(The'Last'BigTerroristHasBeenSoundlyEclipsedAndWillAppearOnlyAsAFootnoteAfterTHIS)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:26:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
... shouldn't stereotype everyone here either.

Glad to hear your wife is OK
View Quote

Sorry [8)]

Yeah, my wife was about a mile away and she had turned off her cel when she went into the meeting and then after she learned what happened she couldn't use her cel and the land line was bogged down.  Scared me for a while there.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:34:48 PM EDT
[#11]
geek4guns, I'm supposing that your comments are serious, i.e. not joking. I also take it you are high school age. Learn to get past all the emotional hype that streams out after an event like this. *THIS IS NOT A FLAME*

Usama Bin Ladin is NOT the only one in the world who could have done this.
FACT - It's not impossible for an ordinary citizen to commandeer an airliner. It's not hard to figure out flight departures and arrivals, it does take a bit of homework. It's not unreasonable to believe that someone could direct the aircraft to fly a certain heading then kill the pilot and steer the airplane into the World Trade Center buildings. Depending on your affiliations, and beliefs, it would not be so far out to assume that a small group of people could plan and execute an attack such as this.  Learn something about the human mind. As shocking as this tragedy is; as coordinated as the attack was, it is not beyond the means of a determined group of people to accomplish. I've seen comments on this site about how the "sheeple" have gotten a wake up call on how safe we really are(not). Then I see comments about how "difficult" this attack would be to accomplish and only the most sophisticated terrorist could do it, and only with lots of financial backing. Doesn't anyone see the pattern here? We've been open to attacks such as this for a long time.  We cannot make every opportunity for these events to happen, completely disappear.   We shouldn't let the "Media" dictate how we respond, and to whom we respond during tragedies such as this. Usama Bin Ladin is their poster child for Terrorism right now. Unless you really are in a privileged position to know, you are just spouting off the NewsTeam drivel. And I'm not claiming to be in "a privileged position". Here's a little something about  one of our enemies.
[url]www.islam.org.au[/url]
go to articles and scroll down to interviews, fine the Mujahid Usama Bin Ladin interview.
Here's a little more homework.
[url]thetruereligion.org[/url]
Terrorism has been around in some form as long as man has been, I'm sure. It's not just a physical game (you hit me, I'll hit you), it's a political one, too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 3:01:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I guess it’s times like this that people show their true colors and what I see here today is very ugly.  

I spent almost 5 hours this morning on the phone trying to find my wife who went to New York on a business trip last night for a meeting this morning.  I knew she was staying at a hotel in Manhattan and that her meeting was at 09:00 somewhere in Manhattan.  For all I knew her meeting was in one of the WTC building.  Thank God her meeting was not in the WTC and that she was okay.  If anyone had a reason for wanting to kill someone I would have been a good candidate during those 5 hours.

When I came on this board this evening I was hoping to relieve some tension and stress and expecting to find some serious discussions on today’s attack.  Instead all I see are racist insinuation, thoughtless comments and pure hate.    

Many of you believe we should just go out and kill people not for their criminal actions but just because of their religious belief!  Or that we should round them up and kick them out of this country?  If that is what you really believe then what makes you any different from all the criminal BG we always detest on this board?  After all your actions are no different than common criminals… preying on the innocent citizens.  Even worse you are talking about members of our community and citizens of our country whose only “crime” is that they are Muslim!  I thought we were above all this simple-minded “solution” and that we were able to see our history and recognize the mistakes we have made as a country.  Instead, we are walking that same path and doomed to repeat our mistakes.  

Why is it that we come to immediate conclusion that the perpetrators of today’s terror were “rag heads” just as we did after the Oklahoma bombing?  Maybe we are too simple-mined and need an easy target for our anger?  Do you really believe that by getting rid of all the “Rag-heads”, “Chinks”, “Chicano”, “Niggers”, “Cubans”, etc. will make this country better or safer than it is now?  In case you forgot the last big terrorist we had was not a “Rag-head” but a Caucasian with Christian belief.          

What happened to the idea of people being able to live an individual life without interference from others with different belief and being able to fight for that ideal life with our AR rifles if we have to?  What happened to “Live Free Or Die” spirit?  Or is that limited only to those who are Caucasian with Christian belief?

This cannot be the same group of people I’ve been communicating for past 11 months on almost daily basis and I feel ashamed for having been a part of this rabid mob.  Come on guys, lets come to our senses here.
View Quote

Fuck you - I want Pay-back.  E-mail me you pussy if you have an issue.  This is all these animals know!  
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 3:49:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Calm down Yobo, I haven't seen too much of what you have described! Maybe I'm just reading some different posts or threads.

Glad to hear your wife is safe and sound, BTW!

Eric The(The'Last'BigTerroristHasBeenSoundlyEclipsedAndWillAppearOnlyAsAFootnoteAfterTHIS)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

I am now out of "Sonny Corleone" mode and ready for civilized discussion.  Sans the racial comments.

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:01:02 AM EDT
[#14]
for the love of pete, whats it going to take.  christians and jews have been persecuted for centuries.  why should now be any different?  although we have been raised to turn the other cheek, by the same token there is no moral good in failing to defend ourselves.  the battle lines have been drawn.  the islamic peoples of the middle east have had decades to renounce violence, and they have not done so.  you can't choose your enemies:  they choose YOU.  let the sleeping giant awaken.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:07:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Don't be so quick to denounce everyone...

Last evening from 8:30-9:00, we held a group prayer in the CHATROOM.  It was very emotional to say the least!
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:55:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Yobo,

First of all, thank GOD your loved ones are safe.  I just checked the board this morning and saw what you're talking about although I have more to read.  I understand what you mean.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:01:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Plain and simple, as communisim is our enemy, so is terrorisim and it's proponents.  Death to TERRORISTS, death to the harborers.  

BUT good American citizens of muslim and Islamic decent are as good as any white guy like me.  I will stand by my morals, principles and I will not violate them EVER.  

We recognize the difference between innocents and perps.

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:30:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Depending on your affiliations, and beliefs, it would not be so far out to assume that a small group of people could plan and execute an attack such as this.
View Quote

Three hijackers per plane (one to fly, two to control the crew and passengers) times four planes = at least a dozen people involved.  

These people would have to be brave/fanatical enough to volunteer for a suicide mission, plus smart enough to coordinate their activities and fly the planes, plus disciplined enough to keep the whole operation completely secret.  

The hard part would be maintaining operational security while recruiting and organizing all these people.  What happens if a potential recruit decides to tip off the FBI?  What happens if one terrorist gets cold feet at the last minute or has an anxiety attack while passing through airport security?

It didn't take a criminal mastermind with a huge budget, but it wasn't something Joe and Bubba dreamed up over a couple of beers the night before, either.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:05:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Usama Bin Ladin is NOT the only one in the world who could have done this.
View Quote

But he is one of the only ones that WOULD do it.  And the evidence even at this early date is that he and his supporters WERE behind it.
Stop trying to rationalize the evidence away.
The fact is, a very very large number of Fundamentalist Shi'ite Muslims in the Middle East consider western civilization to be evil and wish it harm.  That doesn't make every person of Arab extraction evil, it doesn't make every Muslim evil, but it most certainly DOES mean that when something of this scale happens, the first place we should look is among the Fundamentalist Shi'ite Muslim terrorists in the Middle East.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 3:30:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Don't be so quick to denounce everyone...

Last evening from 8:30-9:00, we held a group prayer in the CHATROOM.  It was very emotional to say the least!
View Quote

I was there and it was a good feeling.

God bless America.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#21]
First of all, let me apologize to many of you for my comment on top.  

I went back and read a lot of the posting here from last 3 days and I can see that there are a lot more of you who are level headed than I first thought.  It has restored my faith in you guys and gals.  I guess those few postings I read were more extreme than the norm.  Also, I can see that some of you realized that some of your earlier posting were from the anger of the event and you have realized it yourself.  I feel much better and have a lot of respect for many of you here.    

I hope you can accept my apology (bowing my head).

Now lets findout who did this devil's work and cut off it's head and then kill it.

Good news, my wife left New York and drove to Chicago on Wednesday afternoon for another meeting she had on schedule for today.  She is booked on tomorrow morning's flight and hopefully she will be back home tomorrow afternoon.  In past 5 years this has been the longest time we were separated.  Damn I miss her.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top