Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2006 6:12:48 PM EDT
Just tried to go to the site to check on reciprocity laws for an upcoming trip and the site appears to be down....did it go away?

Damn...not cool.
Where the hell am I supposed to turn for carry info?

I'm hoping its just down for some weird reason and not gone entirely.
Anyone know whats up?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:15:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I was at their site just a day or two ago.  I would say it is a temporary problem.  There have been a few changes in the website design and function over the last few months.  

I wouldn't sweat it yet.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:20:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Their DNS server(s) appear to be down - looks like a network problem....
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:21:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds Ghey..  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:24:49 PM EDT
[#4]
macro,

Where are you going?

I just did a trip from PA to GA

GA is good to go
FL is good to go.

SC keep it in the console/gb

MD, Del, VA & NC it was kept in the box, unloaded.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:41:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
macro,

Where are you going?

I just did a trip from PA to GA

GA is good to go
FL is good to go.

SC keep it in the console/gb

MD, Del, VA & NC it was kept in the box, unloaded.

Planning some backpacking in West Virginia.
Will be in the Natl Forest, so no prob once I am out there, but on the way I want to make sure I am good to go. I have a LTC here in PA, and was checking to see if PA has reciprocity with WV...and if not, what the journey laws are.

Are there even peaceable journey laws going through Maryland?
I saw a route that crossed through MD but have always heard it was a no go for handguns.
I still have time before the trip so hopefully the other site is back up soon.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:45:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Sounds Ghey..  

It may sound "ghey", but it's the best site on the internet for CCW info.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I could be wrong, but I was unable to find any legal way to transport a handgun through the state of Maryland.  I might have been reading the code incorrectly, but the only exception I could find where it said you could have a handgun in your trunk was if you were traveling to or from a range or organized shoot.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:05:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I could be wrong, but I was unable to find any legal way to transport a handgun through the state of Maryland.  I might have been reading the code incorrectly, but the only exception I could find where it said you could have a handgun in your trunk was if you were traveling to or from a range or organized shoot.

Federal law (FOPA '86) allows transport through ANY state if the firearm is legal in the state of departure and the state of arrival.  Keep it in a locked case in the trunk.  For good measure I'd keep the mags unloaded and ammo in a separate locked container.  There have been arrests made in some states under the pretext "loaded mag == loaded gun".  

The fucktards in NJ arrested a traveler at the airport whose connecting flight was missed and tossed him in jail for FIVE DAYS when he went to check in his weapons.  They are getting ready to sue New Jersey until they bleed green from their torn assholes.   (heard the guy and his lawyer on NRA News the other day).

I just avoid the whole issue and limit my travel (when possible) to states where my AZ CCW is valid.  When pass through other states, I keep it locked up as I described.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:06:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Federal law (FOPA '86) allows transport through ANY state if the firearm is legal in the state of departure and the state of arrival.  Keep it in a locked case in the trunk.  For good measure I'd keep the mags unloaded and ammo in a separate locked container.  There have been arrests made in some states under the pretext "loaded mag == loaded gun".  

The fucktards in NJ arrested a traveler at the airport whose connecting flight was missed and tossed him in jail for FIVE DAYS when he went to check in his weapons.  They are getting ready to sue New Jersey until they bleed green from their torn assholes.   (heard the guy and his lawyer on NRA News the other day).

I just avoid the whole issue and limit my travel (when possible) to states where my AZ CCW is valid.  When pass through other states, I keep it locked up as I described.

This is my understanding of the law as well, that I can travel between two destinations where it is legal, regardless of the transit route, so long as the weapon is stored properly according to regulation. I also know, as you verify with the story about PRNJ that the police dont neccesarily enforce the law but rather their narrow interpretation of it. I will be out in the rural areas and know that there is about 0% risk that I would ever be pulled over much less have my vehicle searched, but I still understand that its my responsibility to check the local laws and follow them. It's sad that I will put this effort into carrying legally and still be forced to jump through hoops to do so.

The carry laws here in PA are great, and I dont expect them in other places, but is it too damn much to ask a state to let me pass through without a hassle? Damn.

Packing is still down so far - hope the site didnt shut down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top