Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 6:53:36 PM EDT
ALITO ENDS UP WITH MORE 'NO' VOTES THAN ALL BUT ONE CONFIRMED SUPREME COURT JUSTICE

Although some Senators tried to stop the nomination of Judge Alito with a filibuster, that effort failed when the Senate voted to shut off debate by a vote of 72-25. The Senate then voted to confirm Judge Alito by a vote of 58-42. We must continue to watch the Supreme Court and future nominations very closely, since there are now several Justices who seem to support an activist approach to the 2nd Amendment and who question the power of Congress to enact strong gun laws. With the confirmation of Judge Alito, there is an increasing danger that the Court will reject longstanding precedent, strike down federal gun laws, and jeopardize public safety.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
ALITO ENDS UP WITH MORE 'NO' VOTES THAN ALL BUT ONE CONFIRMED SUPREME COURT JUSTICE

Although some Senators tried to stop the nomination of Judge Alito with a filibuster, that effort failed when the Senate voted to shut off debate by a vote of 72-25. The Senate then voted to confirm Judge Alito by a vote of 58-42. We must continue to watch the Supreme Court and future nominations very closely, since there are now several Justices who seem to support an activist approach to the 2nd Amendment and who question the power of Congress to enact strong gun laws. With the confirmation of Judge Alito, there is an increasing danger that the Court will reject longstanding precedent, strike down federal gun laws, and jeopardize public safety.

God I hope so!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:58:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup. lets hope.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:02:11 PM EDT
[#3]

What handle does Sarah Brady post under at DU?  

I think she goes by CommieBitchFromHell#1

Not sure about her password but I think it goes something like DestroyTheConstitutionNOW!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:06:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually, I think she goes by "Myhusbandstheonewiththeholeinhishead".  

Is that wrong?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:15:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

God I hope so!

crap made up in the 1960's does not equal "long standing precedent" IMHO.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:15:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Is that wrong?

No, not really.  I think she surfs the swingers boards under have_not_had_any_in_26years.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought Sarah's handle was "gungrabbingliberalcommieballlickingcunt" but I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:38:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that wrong?

No, not really.  I think she surfs the swingers boards under have_not_had_any_in_26years.

Oh geeze.... I think I might have had a one night stand with her.  I guess I should have known it was a little odd when she started the evening out by frisking me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top