Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2003 9:29:33 PM EDT
I have never really been into revolvers, but the silver guns that Doc Holiday carried in the movie [i]Tombstone[/i] were down right awesome looking.  Does any one know the name of these pistols and where you can find a decent price on a simlar model made today? I'm not really looking for an antique piece, but a shooters gun.

- Matt
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:39:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry I can't help but I need to comment here.
With a username like that, you've never been into revolvers?
I actually here that from a number of people.  Then I watch them scurry around the range picking up their brass.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:42:27 PM EDT
[#2]
go to CDNN investments I think they had a revolver sale, old single actions that is.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:46:50 PM EDT
[#3]

I believe that Holiday carried a Single Action Army and a Double Action Colt Lighting.  Also what Kilmer carried. You should be able to find a repro of the SAA, but as far as the Colt Lighting, I don't know of anyone making it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:52:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Along with dozens of Colts and Spencers and Sharps, there were five 1876 Winchesters in .45-60, three in the hands of Johnny Ringo, Breckenridge and Sherm McMasters.
Cowboy gang member Pony Deal carried a 28 shot Evans rifle made by Evans of Maine in the early 1870's.
Wyatt Earp of course had his 10 inch Colt buntline and the three-triggered double-barreled 10ga., and Doc's gun was a Colt 1873, backed-up by a Remington .41RF derringer.
However Doc's primary handgun was an early  Colt Navy conversion from a percussion arm to a cartridge firing weapon. It was in .38CF using Model 1851 parts. It was nickel plated and had ivory grips.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:57:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Along with dozens of Colts and Spencers and Sharps, there were five 1876 Winchesters in .45-60, three in the hands of Johnny Ringo, Breckenridge and Sherm McMasters.
Cowboy gang member Pony Deal carried a 28 shot Evans rifle made by Evans of Maine in the early 1870's.
Wyatt Earp of course had his 10 inch Colt buntline and the three-triggered double-barreled 10ga., and Doc's gun was a Colt 1873, backed-up by a Remington .41RF derringer.
However Doc's primary handgun was an early  Colt Navy conversion from a percussion arm to a cartridge firing weapon. It was in .38CF using Model 1851 parts. It was nickel plated and had ivory grips.
View Quote

[shock]

Nice
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top