Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/3/2005 1:39:26 PM EDT
The savage looting of our D-Day & Confederate Museums sickened me beyond words, and led me to wonder: what else is located in NO that probably met the same fate?

Any one want to begin a list?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:41:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:10:42 PM EDT
Some of these places might not have been particularly historic, but they were sort of important to me...

McIlhenny's hot sauce plant
Zatarain's
The House of Blues
Larry Flynt's Hustler Club
Bubba Gump's
Cafe Du Monde
La Montagna(sp?) Hotel
Kentwood Springs Bottling Plant(?)
Haunted Cemetary Tour
Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum
Various voodoo and hoodoo shops
New Orleans Police Museum, Bourbon St. Precinct
Bourbon Street Harley Davidson

dang..now I'm hungry...getting Memphis mixed up with NO, Beale Street with Bourbon Street...
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:13:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2005 4:14:03 PM EDT by BigB1129]
What about a battlefield where we faught the french? forgot the name of the war. War of 1812 of something? Battle of New Orleans
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:21:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:26:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:
OH SHIT!!!!

I forgot about the Tobassco PLANT!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO­OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

U mean THE plant?

F me!!! Guess my eating days are over.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:27:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2005 4:29:48 PM EDT by wittzo]

Originally Posted By BigB1129:
What about a battlefield where we faught the french? forgot the name of the war. War of 1812 of something? Battle of New Orleans

Oh dangit! I forgot a song I've known since I was a wee lad..

Well, in eighteen and fourteen we took a little trip
along with Colonel Jackson down the mighty Mississip.
We took a little bacon and we took a little beans,
And we caught the bloody British near the town of New Orleans.

Speaking of food disasters, I'm going to stock up on Moon Pies in case something happens to Chattanooga and Jack Daniels in case something happens in Lynchburg...I'm going to make sure to visit both factories again, just to make sure!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:29:45 PM EDT
Tobasco - 10 dollars a bottle at a store near you.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:32:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:32:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jkstexas2001:
Tobasco - 10 dollars a bottle at a store near you.

Let the hoarding begin!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:34:29 PM EDT
I'm off to the store - I'm buying a case!

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:34:38 PM EDT
Relax.

"Due to the effects of Hurricane Katrina, TABASCO.com sites are temporarily out of service.

McIlhenny Company is operating normally and the production of TABASCO® brand products are unaffected by the recent hurricane. Our New Orleans office employees are all accounted for and have been relocated to our Corporate Office on Avery Island, Louisiana. That number is 337-365-8173."
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:37:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:40:49 PM EDT
Tabasco plant is A OK. Bottling line production starts back up on Tuesday.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:42:23 PM EDT
Don't hoard the Tabasco just yet boys; it's made down in Avery Island (also a bird refuge).

A lot of history in NO, the Cabillo is at Jackson square, some very significant documents of American history there when it was under the Spanish flag. I hadn't heard about the looting of the museums this is truly sad. I knew that there was a highly undesirable element in NO, but this is just as bad as the spoiling of Iraq by it's citizens; truly scum of the earth deeds. Maybe there should be a house to house search of all of NO in search of these materials before anyone is let back in.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:42:55 PM EDT
that tobasco plant is at avery island south of lafayette. all that plant got was a lil wind.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:50:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By blueheeler66:
Don't hoard the Tabasco just yet boys; it's made down in Avery Island (also a bird refuge).

A lot of history in NO, the Cabillo is at Jackson square, some very significant documents of American history there when it was under the Spanish flag. I hadn't heard about the looting of the museums this is truly sad. I knew that there was a highly undesirable element in NO, but this is just as bad as the spoiling of Iraq by it's citizens; truly scum of the earth deeds. Maybe there should be a house to house search of all of NO in search of these materials before anyone is let back in.

You know, I was thinking . . . that 80% of the city is under water, and there's only one way out, so where is all this loot stashed? They can't take it with them when the army evacs them (which they will) so where do you figure they've stashed all the Porsches, MBs, BMWs, jewlry, etc.? Not to mention every wide screen, stereo, computer, etc. in town too.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:56:36 PM EDT
Better search it before they let the f'ers back in. Probably never find the small neat stuff. Unless you had a good samaritan have the foresight to break in and hide stuff (very unlikely down there).
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:57:27 PM EDT
So how bad did the D-Day museum get looted?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:59:12 PM EDT
I hear Tapatio is tasty, as is Cholula.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:17:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:19:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SubnetMask:

All are weak shadows of Tabasco.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:24:46 PM EDT

that tobasco plant is at avery island south of lafayette. all that plant got was a lil wind.

So true. It is located about 20-25 miles south of Lafayette near New Ibearia on an island in the marsh called Avery Island.

www.cajunculture.com/Other/tabasco.htm
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:21:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jkstexas2001:

Originally Posted By SubnetMask:

All are weak shadows of Tabasco.

Cholula owns Tabasco.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:29:38 PM EDT
I was born in NOLA, I am sure the little house on Tchoupitoulis street will one day become a famous landmark.......

I just have to do something to make me a hysterical landmark.
Top Top