Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/14/2004 1:18:13 AM EDT
In chem lab today, this lady who I am next to in lab asked me if i like Hillary Duff

I was like wtf?

Whats it mean?

I was honest and told her no, I find her voice annoying (but she is hot, which I didnt say).

She had previously called me funny.

She later said that she wanted to see a movie tonight but everyone was busy (assignment due tomorrow so I cant go out tonight.  She doesnt do the subject which has the assignment).  Could it do with this?  Theres some Hillary Duff movie on I think....

I ask here cos GD is full of men who like to think they know what women are thinking.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:20:24 AM EDT
[#1]
You broke the rule, Always lie.

It works for me...... Oh wait,..... well it worked once
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:51:55 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You broke the rule, Always lie.

It works for me...... Oh wait,..... well it worked once

I dont like to lie.  It has gotten me slapped quite a few times and people have chucked huge shits at me but I hate lieing.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:56:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't lie, woman don't like it and it is pointless to build a relationship on a lie.

Ask her if she would like to see a movie, she has invited you to ask her. It is pretty clear if what you wrote is true.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:56:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Don't lie, woman don't like it and it is pointless to build a relationship on a lie.

Ask her if she would like to see a movie, she has invited you to ask her. It is pretty clear if what you wrote is true.

Its clear?

Shit.  Im bloody blind! (as in not being able to see, not blind drunk)
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:42:57 AM EDT
[#5]
It means she wanted to know if you liked Hillary Duff since she did.

But obviously you were to stupid to realize this so you went ahead and answered the question.  Then you insulted her.

Next time just smile  and nod.

SGatr15

PS  Once you get to know  her you can introduce her to your mother.......who can then show her the kitchen.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:37:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

But obviously you were to stupid to realize this so you went ahead and answered the question.  Then you insulted her.

SGatr15

PS  Once you get to know  her you can introduce her to your mother.......who can then show her the kitchen.

That is one of the nice things about marrying a Catholic woman.  Both the wife and the mother-in-law are kitchen expects.  Just ask my waist line.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:49:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGatr15

That is one of the nice things about marrying a Catholic woman.  Both the wife and the mother-in-law are kitchen expects.  Just ask my waist line.

Not Catholic here, and I claim to be an expert in the kitchen too.. Just ask MrGH, his waist line has grown alot since we got together.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:48:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, she wanted you to watch that Hilary Duff movie with her.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:40:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Duh
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:09:26 PM EDT
[#10]
When it comes to women I'm about as smooth as 60 grit sandpaper, but even I can tell, she wanted you to ask her to the movie.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:32:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
When it comes to women I'm about as smooth as 60 grit sandpaper...

Great quote - describes me perfectly... but I too would have figured it as a tacit invitation to ask her out to a movie.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:10:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
In chem lab today, this lady who I am next to in lab asked me if i like Hillary Duff

I was like wtf?

Whats it mean?

I was honest and told her no, I find her voice annoying (but she is hot, which I didnt say).

She had previously called me funny.

She later said that she wanted to see a movie tonight but everyone was busy (assignment due tomorrow so I cant go out tonight.  She doesnt do the subject which has the assignment).  Could it do with this?  Theres some Hillary Duff movie on I think....

I ask here cos GD is full of men who like to think they know what women are thinking.

She might have been asking if you are gay.  Hillary Duff movies are aimed at young girls not dates.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:27:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
She might have been asking if you are gay.  Hillary Duff movies are aimed at young girls not dates.  

Maybe not...IMHO, if any guy were to stay awake through another one of her screechy. ain't-I-so-godddamn-cutesy movies, I'd consider him a keeper.

If he enjoys it...well, then you might question what end of the spectrum he's on.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:20:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yah der! Dis is what she meant!

Further Commentary...

Worded for a man - "Would you like to go see the Hilary Duff movie with me"

Said like a woman - "Please decode my confusing message of whether I should embarass myself by asking you to the Hilary Duff movie in which I will request your point of view of my agenda prior to getting to the point, hereby turning it into a three day process for which initially could have taken the thought process of 2 seconds."

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:29:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Further Commentary...

Said like a woman - "Please decode my confusing message of whether I should embarass myself by asking you to the Hilary Duff movie in which I will request your point of view of my agenda prior to getting to the point, hereby turning it into a three day process for which initially could have taken the thought process of 2 seconds." [:

You hit the nail on the head. Now could you tell me WTH women do that. Hell, if I wanted to decipher code I'd be working for the CIA.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:11:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Further Commentary...

Said like a woman - "Please decode my confusing message of whether I should embarass myself by asking you to the Hilary Duff movie in which I will request your point of view of my agenda prior to getting to the point, hereby turning it into a three day process for which initially could have taken the thought process of 2 seconds." [:

You hit the nail on the head. Now could you tell me WTH women do that. Hell, if I wanted to decipher code I'd be working for the CIA.

Oh yah, I left this out...

"and then I will be upset at you because you didn't understand me in the first place"

Ah yes, I have finally discovered the secret to life and to communication with men...simplify
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:23:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

That be NSA...  

I can picture it now...

{setting: chem lab}

FiftyCalibre: Hey.

This Lady:  Hi. *smile*

FiftyCalibre: So I was thinking about what you said to me the other day... and I couldn't make any sense of it.  So, I went to this pro-gun internet forum and asked some women there, who incidentaly, have collectively more firepower than our country, about what you said.  ...   So, uh, you wana see that new Hillary Duff movie tomorrow or sometime?

This Lady:  .......
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:28:06 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That be NSA...  

I can picture it now...

FiftyCalibre: So I was thinking about what you said to me the other day... and I couldn't make any sense of it.  So, I went to this pro-gun internet forum and asked some women there, who incidentaly, have collectively more firepower than our country, about what you said.  ...   So, uh, you wana see that new Hillary Duff movie tomorrow or sometime?

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That be NSA...  

I can picture it now...

Lol!

I would be too shy.

Gabby, I do enjoy most chick flicks....and im as straight as a straight arrow!

I dont know that much about her other than shes cute, finds me funny, is smart, is funny, is rich (carries what looks to be a real louis vuitton bag).  How do I find out if shes seeing someone already?

I know bloody shit all about asking wimminz out...im too shy when it comes to them
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:36:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
How do I find out if shes seeing someone already?

She isn't; she already dropped the hint that she wants to see YOU.

And if she is....well, then she's one hell of a tease.

Don't be so shy!  She's already let you know that she's interested.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:59:16 PM EDT
[#21]
First off you did good by not saying you like Hillary Duff if you don't.  You could've set yourself up for a long history of Hillary Duff movies and concerts.

Secondly you should've said: "Not really.  ...but since I've been next to you all semester I don't really notice other women.  I'm sorry for being such a dag, but I can't help myself in the presence of such beauty."  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:04:45 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
When it comes to women I'm about as smooth as 60 grit sandpaper...

Great quote - describes me perfectly... but I too would have figured it as a tacit invitation to ask her out to a movie.

I would have even caught that.

Im about as smooth with women as a serrated knife blade.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:18:12 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

You failed, hand in your man card.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:19:25 AM EDT
[#24]
You think what you said is bad.

I dont know who in the hell Hillary Duff is.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:21:32 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

That's a good thing.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:27:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Dude, you blew it!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:53:24 AM EDT
[#27]
My sis said she was playing with me cos never go to a chick flick with a girl cos they are just using you.  She said she does this...

Sis doesnt know I enjoy the odd chick flick every now and then...

Yeah I know I fucked up now... heh
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:11:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Don't give up just because of that! Sheesh, where's the kahunas??? What's the worst that could happen?

Ask her out! Do you REALLY care if she's just playing you? And for what at this point. You have no relationship. She's  "playing with you" for some company to go see a movie???

Chicks will only put up with the shy and reserved thing for so long. She'll figure you aren't interested (when it sounds like you might be) and move on.

It's worth a try!!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:38:45 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Don't give up just because of that! Sheesh, where's the kahunas??? What's the worst that could happen?

Ask her out! Do you REALLY care if she's just playing you? And for what at this point. You have no relationship. She's was "playing with you" for some company to go see a movie???

Chicks will only put up with the shy and reserved thing for so long. She'll figure you aren't interested (when it sounds like you might be) and move on.

It's worth a try!!!

+1

get it together, man  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Lol thanks.

I owe a bunch of you a beer when I go to the US (one day...)

As with alot of other guys, im not shy at all about everything except wimminz
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:10:28 PM EDT
[#32]
FiftyCalibre - here 's a joke you might get.  I used to say it when I was in the Navy to US Navy guys; you may not get it because in translation it loses something.  I have to use the word "case" or the double entendre is lost.  What y'all call "cartons" of 18 beers we call "cases" with 24 beers. Hopefully that's enough of an explanation - the best jokes are the ones that have to be explained.  

[/drunken_Austrailian_accent]"Come on over to the party, Mate.  We've got a ragin' case of VB."[/druken_Austrailian_accent]    

If you don't get it don't be embarrassed to ask for an explanation - it's loaded with inside-like jokes.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:38:58 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
FiftyCalibre - here 's a joke you might get.  I used to say it when I was in the Navy to US Navy guys; you may not get it because in translation it loses something.  I have to use the word "case" or the double entendre is lost.  What y'all call "cartons" of 18 beers we call "cases" with 24 beers. Hopefully that's enough of an explanation - the best jokes are the ones that have to be explained.  

[/drunken_Austrailian_accent]"Come on over to the party, Mate.  We've got a ragin' case of VB."[/druken_Austrailian_accent]    

If you don't get it don't be embarrassed to ask for an explanation - it's loaded with inside-like jokes.  

I get it...sorta I think

We dont have cartons of 18, we have cases of 24 bottles or slabs of 30 cans.

Cartons are for milk
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:21:00 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Cartons are for milk

Ah. I heard people calling the bottles "stubbies" and the cans were called "tins".  They came in cartons of 18.  This was in Rockingham, WA.

Alright the joke breaks down this way.  Being on a ship that has reached Austrailia means that we had traveled through Korea and the Philippines where "bar girls" sometimes carried venereal diseases (VD). Sometimes the sailors would contract "VD" - yes, it's true.  If it was really bad one might have a "raging case of VD" so you can see how the joke follows from there.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:51:41 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cartons are for milk

Ah. I heard people calling the bottles "stubbies" and the cans were called "tins".  They came in cartons of 18.  This was in Rockingham, WA.

Alright the joke breaks down this way.  Being on a ship that has reached Austrailia means that we had traveled through Korea and the Philippines where "bar girls" sometimes carried venereal diseases (VD). Sometimes the sailors would contract "VD" - yes, it's true.  If it was really bad one might have a "raging case of VD" so you can see how the joke follows from there.

Lol i see.

VB bottles come in 2 sizes, one of which are stubbies.  There are many for bottles and cans depending on your location.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:57:09 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Lol i see.

VB bottles come in 2 sizes, one of which are stubbies.  There are many for bottles and cans depending on your location.

We didn't really see VB on the west coast - it seemed more popular on the east coast and this was over 10 years ago so things must have changed.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:28:40 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
You think what you said is bad.

+ 1
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:23:53 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That be NSA...  

I can picture it now...

Lol!

I would be too shy.

Gabby, I do enjoy most chick flicks....and im as straight as a straight arrow!

I dont know that much about her other than shes cute, finds me funny, is smart, is funny, is rich (carries what looks to be a real louis vuitton bag).  How do I find out if shes seeing someone already?

I know bloody shit all about asking wimminz out...im too shy when it comes to them

Dude, she's already hinted at wanting a date.  You've already won half the battle.

I guess I could be wrong.  I never hinted around if I wanted to go out with a guy, I just asked him.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:57:22 AM EDT
[#39]
I asked her today.

My memory is pretty vague cos i was so nervous but from what I told my friend right after it, it looks good, and from what I told my sis after I told my friend, it sounds good too.

I asked her to this party thing at some hotel near uni and she said something like "ill think about it" but not like that.  I cannot remember what she said for the life of me, but I can only remember getting her number to get back to her about it.

Shes 2 years older than me but I dont care and neither do my parents.

I really love you guys and gals.

Im such a nervous twat heh.  If it goes well theres a Hillary Duff concert later on in the year or early next year...
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:10:20 AM EDT
[#40]
O yeah and the type of guy she likes fits me perfectly, according to my sis and mum.

She likes guys like "Peter Parker" from Spiderman.  It also so happens my name is Peter ehehe
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:24:13 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
O yeah and the type of guy she likes fits me perfectly, according to my sis and mum.

She likes guys like "Peter Parker" from Spiderman.  It also so happens my name is Peter ehehe

good for you, sweetie  

keep us updated  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:01:04 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I asked her today.

My memory is pretty vague cos i was so nervous but from what I told my friend right after it, it looks good, and from what I told my sis after I told my friend, it sounds good too.

I asked her to this party thing at some hotel near uni and she said something like "ill think about it" but not like that.  I cannot remember what she said for the life of me, but I can only remember getting her number to get back to her about it.

Shes 2 years older than me but I dont care and neither do my parents.

I really love you guys and gals.

Im such a nervous twat heh.  If it goes well theres a Hillary Duff concert later on in the year or early next year...

If she treats you like *!@ and weasles out, you probably deserve better.  Anyone who is so tenderhearted about asking a woman out...  but her perspective is different from ours.  She didn't get to read this thread, and she may be dealing with her sense of rejection from her first foray, making her a little more protective, perhaps.  

If you haven't read the thread about unique ideas for first dates, I recommend that you do.  This guy put a lot of thought into his date...

BTW...  if you're shopping for a sugar mama, fancy purse does not equal rich...
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:26:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Holy crap im nervous.

Arfcom has helped me heaps cos otherwise id be ummm fucked up.

Shes a really nice girl and I dont care about her financial situation cos...it doesnt matter to me.

Im getting back to her tomorrow night, cos she has a test on tomorrow so I dont wanna disturb her until she is finished with it.

Im thinking of smsing her 30 mins before her test saying "This is Peter Parker.  Do you like Hillary Duff?  Good luck with the test" for shits and giggles and cos i umm kinda forgot to wish her luck.

Oh yeah and I walked her home in the pouring rain and talked to her for about 40 mins continuously walking around uni and walking her home.  She kept asking me if I was sure walking her home cos it would take me further away from my car but I was like "no its ok" all the time.

I was nervous as fuck the whole time but I managed to pull off as being not nervous cos im a bloody good bullshit artist/actor.

Cheers ladies and fellas
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:57:48 AM EDT
[#44]
AWESOME!

<-------Is doing the happy dance
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:05:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Some background info to make sense of the following:
She is an international student from Malaysia.  Staying near uni with some of her friends from Malaysia.
I was borin in Malaysia but moved here yonks ago so im as Aussie as you can get...without the born in Aus stuff.

Ok I rang her about 40 mins ago or so.

Started off ok, asked how she was etc and we just talked for a while.

I asked her if she was up for sat and she said sorry she was busy.

I asked her if she knew why I asked her if she liked Hillary Duff.  She said no, why?  I told her that it was because she asked me it last week and I didnt know why she asked me it.  She said she didnt remember asking me it .

I said I had to go start my assignment (I really did have to, and am yet to start it) and wished that she have a good time tonight (she is watching tv) and tomorrow night doing whatever shes doing.

I think she misheard it and she started saying how tomorrow she was doing something with her friends and also her mum didnt really like her going out to places and stuff.  She might take mum stuff seriously cos when talking about how we are both prob gonna fail the same subject, she asked how my mum is going to react.

I told my sis her response and she said "Fair enough.  Malaysians dont really like nightclubs and pubs and stuff".

I am Uber confused.

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:12:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Hell I'm confused reading that.

Communication barrier perhaps?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:29:11 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Hell I'm confused reading that.

Communication barrier perhaps?

How so?  I understand Malaysian speak perfectly well cos I go back every once in a while and some of y relatives speak as if they just got off the plane.

I make sure I dont use much slang or anything with her so she understands me.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:40:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Between you 'n me perhaps then?

I dunno what to tell ya.. maybe she wasn't interested in that way and it was just mixed signals.  Perhaps you should just be her friend and go on the dating prowl in another direction.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:40:29 AM EDT
[#49]
O yeah just remembered.

WHen she said she couldnt go, she was saying sorry etc blah blah.

Im.....lost
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:59:44 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm really sorry she turned you down this time.
Maybe it is just as she said it is though, she has other plans and she is sorry. I would say try agian, maybe not a party this time, but a movie or something. Good Luck to ya.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top