Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2004 3:02:18 PM EDT
This F'n coward chooses to run and hide . . . . .  What about all the poor bastards who are not in positions of power, and do not have access to the same info.   Someone  should give him a proper send off.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A Democratic senator said he will close his Capitol Hill office until after the November 2 election, fearing a possible terrorist attack that could harm his staff or visitors.

Sen. Mark Dayton of Minnesota issued a statement Tuesday, citing a "top-secret intelligence report on our national security" provided to congressional members by Majority Leader Bill Frist, R-Tennessee.

"Based upon that information," Dayton wrote, "I have decided to close my office in the Russell Senate Office Building until after the upcoming election.

"I do so out of extreme, but necessary, precaution to protect the lives and safety of my Senate staff and my Minnesota constituents, who might otherwise visit my office in the next few weeks. I feel compelled to do so, because I will not be here in Washington to share in what I consider to be an unacceptably greater risk to their safety."

Dayton said he could not give details of the intelligence report that Frist presented to senators two weeks ago. Dayton said he's asked Frist three times to convene a meeting of all senators to discuss the situation, but Frist has not agreed.

The third floor of the Russell building, which is across the street from the Capitol, also includes the offices of Democratic presidential nominee Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts.

Dayton will move part of his staff to his office in the Fort Snelling Federal Building in Minnesota and other operations to Senate office space away from Capitol Hill. Telephone calls will be routed to his Minnesota office.

Congress is in recess until after the election.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:05:41 PM EDT
[#1]
What a fuggin pussy.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:07:18 PM EDT
[#2]
kick his ass
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:08:03 PM EDT
[#3]
As far as I can tell, the only terrorist attacks during this election have been made by Democrats.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:09:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:09:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Three options:

1. Publicity stunt.
2. He's a pussy.
3. He's the smart one...

I'm hoping for 1, assuming 2, and
praying it's not 3.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:11:13 PM EDT
[#6]
^^ WTF kind of avatar is that?  

It looks like a bleeding dog or something.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:16:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

His anus is bleeding...for the
love of god and all that is holy,
his anus is bleeding...

It's from the "Rejected" short
by Don Hertzfeldt.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:20:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

his anus is bleeding...

by Don Hertzfeldt.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:24:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

his anus is bleeding...

by Don Hertzfeldt.

I LIVE IN A GIANT BUCKET!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:40:44 PM EDT
[#10]
There is NO bigger pussy than a Minneapolis Democrat.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow. The tangos win a victory without firing a shot....

Just imagine what will happen with sKerry in the White House!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:15:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Dayton is also a security risk by citing classified reports that give him "insider" information - now the bad guys know that he knows, giving them an advantage by adopting a new, uncompromised plan.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:21:58 AM EDT
[#13]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:25:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:59:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:05:09 AM EDT
[#16]
maybe he, unlike Kerry, went to the intelligence commitee meetings?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:12:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

You can see avatars ???
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:34:14 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Three options:

1. Publicity stunt.
2. He's a pussy.
3. He's the smart one...

I'm hoping for 1, assuming 2, and
praying it's not 3.

+1

+1 on the Go Bucks thing too!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:36:24 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Notice that every newsource just identifies this Senator as being from Minnesota.

NOT that he's a Democrap.

Yet, everytime they report on something unpleasant about a Republican politician, they are certain to mention party affiliation.

Eric The(Idealogue)Hun

Sorry buddy, but do a google news search on Sen Dayton, and many of them start off with "A Democratic senator from Minnesota....

TXL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top