Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/13/2004 6:11:27 PM EST
Are we able to go out and get these guns and trick them out the way we want or are we still under the tiranny of some stupid Dian Fienstien passed law?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:13:40 PM EST
We are STILL under the SB23 laws. Although I guess you can put a Pre ban on a post ban lower

And you can get a folding stock.

30 round mags I dont know about.

You can get a tele stock now.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:14:44 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:16:09 PM EST
can they own pre-ban mags?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:17:02 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/13/2004 6:20:01 PM EST by Atencio]
any mag over 10 rounds is illegal to buy.

edit: BTW, Feinstein did not write any of the California laws that prevent us from buying certain rifles or high capacity mags.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:17:47 PM EST
Someone needs to photoshop a 49 star flag.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:18:25 PM EST
It means move!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:19:19 PM EST
It means it still sucks to be you.

(unless of course being in the military precludes you from moving)
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:19:20 PM EST

Originally Posted By shocfacter:
Are we able to go out and get these guns and trick them out the way we want or are we still under the tiranny of some stupid Dian Fienstien passed law?

Absolutely NOTHING!
Go back to your normal life, nothing to see here if you're a resident sheeple of Kalifornistan.

btw, I'm still waiting for the earthquake to knock that damn state off the continent.
I'd trade my house for it
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:19:34 PM EST
It means that until you move to the US, you're stuck sobbing as you watch the rest of us play with our re-found freedoms. Sorry chief.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:20:08 PM EST
Drfrig thanks for the info and thanks in advance to anyone else who responds. Drfrig do you know in detail everything we can and cant do now?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:20:27 PM EST
You can make an "evil" rimfire rifle.

12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:

Link to law
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:24:18 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:25:18 PM EST
Damn, Kabal can you give me a chance to get out of the state before that happens? Actually though i feel the same way. Sometimes I wish i would have never moved here. This state has the most acinine laws in existance! This has basically cemented my decision to move to Nevada(Vegas).
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:28:42 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:28:50 PM EST
I think it means that it's easier for you to head to a bordering state to get full-cap mags.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:28:57 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:30:30 PM EST

Originally Posted By poink:

only if you bought them prior to SB23. Which brings up an interesting point. Could anything happen to you in California if you were found in possession of LEO mags. Technically you could not have owned them legally when SB23 was inactted.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:30:45 PM EST

Yes as long as you owned them before the ban.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:34:54 PM EST
The ban didn't stop the killing of SFPD Officer Issac Espinoza. Wonder why they won't state whether the gun was prohibited under either CA SB23 or the AWB? Betcha anything it was illegal under SB23. Would show how useless those laws are.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:36:26 PM EST
awb=0,
absolutly nuthin, compared to the rest of the free states.
its good thing i have a bunch of pre-ban mags and a pre -ban registered a.w.
goddam feinstein.........

meat
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:37:00 PM EST
I think it could mean, if you are an optimist, that the mood of this country is
shifting more to a one of restoring freedoms and that it opens a door to restore them in your state.

You can hope and work for it

GM
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:37:30 PM EST

Originally Posted By Paul:

Yes. I have hundreds.

+1 I went a little crazy right before the ban.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:38:11 PM EST
nor did it embolden the SF DA to seek the death penalty on the shooter...

classic case of not putting down the criminal
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:39:46 PM EST

Drfrig thanks for the info and thanks in advance to anyone else who responds. Drfrig do you know in detail everything we can and cant do now?

Actually I have no idea what we can or cannot do. I have to basically do some serious research before I buy anything.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:40:50 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:43:33 PM EST
You guys who are making fun of Kalifornia better wake up because this trend is going around the states! First it was Kalifornia, then New York, then Massachussetts (whatever), then Conneticut, and New Jersey, etc. Now Michigan is considering a ban that is worse than all of them!

They are boxing us in I tell ya! If this keeps up all the AR owners will end up having to move to Kansas!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:45:33 PM EST

Originally Posted By pieeater:

Yes. I have hundreds.

+1 I went a little crazy right before the ban.

Before the ban ... ah, yeah that's right!

+1 Yup, had'em a long time.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:47:21 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/13/2004 6:56:30 PM EST by AR15fan]
It means all those postban rifles I built in the late 90's are going to get evil features now. We had many years warning of the impending state AWB. I stocked up on lowers and rifles while i could. Hell i bought so many when they were $79 -$89.00, that I actually sold a few lowers right before the ban.
i have been busy all day removing muzzle breaks and A2 stocks. replacing them with A1, VLTO, & 6-POS. Rebarreled two uppers. dremmelled off one muzzle break. I'm having a ball.

Paul,
Did you buy the stuff to thread Brls? I have an upper receiver block and brl wrench if you need it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:48:51 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:48:52 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/13/2004 6:57:55 PM EST by CAR-10]

Originally Posted By moneyshot:
It means it still sucks to be you.

(unless of course being in the military precludes you from moving)

Glad to see that you recognize the source of my particular pain

BTW: If you've been following my progress, I won't be registering my CAR-10 here in Kali. Nor will I be bringing it into the state at all. I carry the filled out application with me every day, however, I refuse to comply with this law.

It may be worth it to me to have a military exemption license for a Beretta Storm with a flash suppressor though. I'm down for that.

As for the rest of you, why, just why do you live in Kali? Especially you Paul, I just don't get it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:53:11 PM EST

Yes. I have hundreds.

So do I.

I heard, that sometimes people find mags they didnt even remeber they had. I heard this sometimes happens shortly after returning from gambling trips in Las Vegas or hunting truips in Arizona. I heard the checkpoints at the border are for illegals and produce, not magazines. I heard some people are in the military, or reserves, or full or part time cops, and have little trouble getting old magazines. I heard that once those magazines are in califoirnia, it would be vitually impossible to prove they were not lawfully possessed prior to 2000, and therefore grandfathered. I wouldnt want to test any of those rumors though. That would be a technical violation of law.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:53:19 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:54:54 PM EST

Originally Posted By Atencio:

only if you bought them prior to SB23. Which brings up an interesting point. Could anything happen to you in California if you were found in possession of LEO mags. Technically you could not have owned them legally when SB23 was inactted.

Unless you were issued them for your military or LE duties. Then anything you were issued before 2000 you could keep. anything you were issued after 2000 you could not.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:58:55 PM EST

Originally Posted By AR15fan:

Paul,
Did you buy the stuff to thread Brls? I have an upper receiver block and brl wrench if you need it.

I've got bigger problems. My current employer no longer has needs for my services and that's not good on a couple of different levels.

Gotcha. Bummer.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:43:25 PM EST
In addition to the permanet AWB they just added the .50cal to the list. Old Arnie the RINO signed it in to law today and takes affect 01/01/2005.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:49:39 PM EST

Originally Posted By mr_camera_man:
I think it means that it's easier for you to head to a bordering state to get full-cap mags.

Road trip coming up. Fill up trunk with mags. Drive back to Kali, checkpoint at the border, inspector sticks head into car window and asks--

"Do you have any fruit?"

"No, sir."

"Have a nice day."

Steve
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:30:03 PM EST

Originally Posted By stevem1a:

"Do you have any fruit?"

"No, sir."

"Have a nice day."

Loose lips fella
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:36:15 PM EST

It means when you move to a better state, you will be able to have all the evil features without paying insane prices. Oh, and you also will lose all the pollution, high costs of living, crime, retarded fucking hollywood liberals, etc.
Top Top