User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2009 11:06:18 AM EDT
Here is a quoted discussion from another thread:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This kinda stuff is what will cause the race wars. The liberals have been counter productive this whole election and haven't even seen what they have been doing. So what you voted a Half Black half white person in office. That doesnt mean things are peachy now. You're gotta have alot of people say "whoa whoa. I didnt vote for you so you can give minorities jobs." In the land of equality all men are created equal and when all men are created equal. No man should be given more qualifications  over another based on race, age, or sex. If they stay this course. I will assure you that their will be an Impeachment, and furthermore the fall of the democrats. On top of that. This could flare into blood shed in our streets.

Simple solution, if God Forbid, that ever happens in the USA: Kill everyone on both sides who raises a weapon...

'levying war against the United States' and all...

Which side would you be on?

http://www.shsu.edu/~his_ncp/Standt.jpg

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Things have changed since the Revolution - drastically..... A patriot then would fight for the Colonials....

A patriot now fights for the United States.

None of that matters in the case I was responding to - the wet-dream of all racist groups, a 3rd-world style race-war...

In the event that such a thing happens, the easiest solution is to shoot all illegal combatants, regardless of which side they are on....

Racist shitheads on both sides dead, no Rwanda in the US, everyone else wins....

I agree with Dave A that a patriot now fights for the United States.  But what does he (and the rest of us) mean by that?  Does this mean fighting to support the government and the status quo?  Or does it mean fighting to support the USA envisioned by the Founding Fathers?  Or something else?
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 11:07:57 AM EDT
[#1]
It means fighting for what the United States stands for. Obviously people will differ about what that is.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 11:11:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

It means fighting for what the United States stands for. Obviously people will differ about what that is.

Collectively, I'm not sure what the US of A stands for anymore.  Lots of gray but little black and white.  Shit, I don't even know what the Republican Party stands for anymore.

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 11:13:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Collectively, I'm not sure what the US of A stands for anymore.  Lots of gray but little black and white.

This.

Ten years ago I would quickly agree that I was proud to be an American, love my country, blah blah blah.  Now, I can't really say that without some clarifications.  This puts me in a weird philosophical position, which I don't appreciate.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top