Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2004 11:42:08 PM EDT
This may sound like a dumbass question, especially if it's come from a married person like myself.

When the bride and groom are asked by the pastor  to say their wedding vows, such as this one, for example:

"Debbie, do you have this man to be your lawful wedded husband, to live together in marriage? Will you love him comfort him, honor and keep him in sickness and in health, foresaking all others? Keep you only unto him so long as you both shall live?"

What is the meaning of "foresaking all others" in a wedding vow?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:43:05 PM EDT
[#1]
It means I won't stuff her sister in the pooper and post pics.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:49:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It means I won't stuff her sister in the pooper and post pics.

SGatr15

+1
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:09:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This may sound like a dumbass question, ....

Yes.  It does.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:14:41 AM EDT
[#4]
for·sake   Audio pronunciation of "forsaking" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (fôr-sk, fr-)
tr.v. for·sook, (-sk) for·sak·en, (-skn) for·sak·ing, for·sakes

1. To give up (something formerly held dear); renounce: forsook liquor. <---- LIKE OTHER PIE
  2. To leave altogether; abandon: forsook Hollywood and returned to the legitimate stage.

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:15:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This may sound like a dumbass question, ....

Yes.  It does.

Burn!

It means "being faithful".

Honestly, I don't know why people have so much trouble controlling themselves.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:34:05 AM EDT
[#6]
It means "I'm buying the cow and I promise not to get milk from other cows!" If my wife sees this I'm toast!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top